“Inaccurate menu descriptions” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Luigi's Patio Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 242 Restaurants in College Station
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rock Prarie
College Station, Texas
“Inaccurate menu descriptions”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I went to Luigi's when it first opened. The food was mediocre, and I didn't go back for a long time. I started dining there again a few months ago and found the food to be somewhat improved. I dined there again on Saturday evening, February 1. There were 3 people in our party, and one of my companions and I both ordered the lamb chops. The description on the menu stated that the lamb chops were "paired with scalloped potatoes and chef's vegetables." When our meals arrived, no scalloped potatoes were in evidence--only vegetables (overcooked).

I asked a server for our potatoes and a woman that I assume was the manager came over and explained that they no longer offered the potatoes with that dish and that the menu was in error. When I asked if there was some way we could get the potatoes (the potatoes were one of the reasons I ordered the lamb chops), they brought us each a small dish of potatoes, but they charged us each $3.

I can afford to pay $3.00, but it gripes me that the menu clearly stated that the dish included the potatoes. If they're cheating every customer that comes in out of $3 per meal, they're making a tidy little profit. I don't know if it's illegal to pull a trick like that, but it's certainly unethical and unprofessional.

Luigi's has lost my business. Too bad, because the service is good.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
duiliot2014, General Manager at Luigi's Patio Ristorante, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
I am truly sorry for the lack of respect and customer service you were shown on your last visit to Luigi's. I know it has been some time, but we would appreciate one last chance to impress you. Management has changed since your last visit and we now pride ourselves in our ability to put the customer first!
I would love to treat you to our lamb chops once more, scalloped potatoes included. :-) Please send your contact information to Info@LuigisPatioRistorante.com and we will be sure to take care of you.

Thank you for your business and your review of the restaurant,
Jessica Plaxco

Fort Worth, Texas
“Customers Rule”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We drove up to share a bday lunch w our college boys. Luigi's was very accommodating. They took our homemade cakes to the back put candles on them and brought them out while happy birthday was played on the piano. The food, service, and atmosphere were perfect for catching up w our sons before we drove back home. Great experience!!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bryan, Texas
“Good ambiance, above average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I went with a group of friends for a dinner. Here are my impressions:
1. The ambiance is good with live music.
2. The service was excellent, our waitress was helpful, cheerful, and knowledgeable of the menu.
3. The food is above average. The amounts were just right for a full course meal of hors d'oeuvres, anti paste, soups, main course, etc...
4. Pricewise, as there's no cover charge or minimum charge to pay for the entertainment of the live music, expect the prices to be more than other similar Italian restaurant s
5. Bottom line, if you looking for a nice evening along dinner then Luigi is your place. But, if you are interested in an evening meal only, then Luigi may not be your bargain.

Thank you for the great review and your dedicated business. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Jessica Plaxco
Houston, Texas
“My favorite restaurant in College Station!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Aahh, where to begin? The atmosphere is absolutely gorgeous. From the outside it looks like a simple ordinary restaurant, but once you go in, you feel you've been transported to a beautiful town in Italy. Unexpected and a pleasing surprise.

When you sit they bring bread with a DELICIOUS spread (i think with olives and olive oil). I believe I've tried everything in their menu, and it's all amazing, but I have to say what I enjoy the most is their Duck! out of this world! The lasagna is also GREAT! and the salmon :)

I really enjoy their live music. Last time I was a little disappointed that they didn't have a live band, but the owner very nicely came to apologize, saying that the musicians canceled last minute.

overall, an amazing restaurant. I go with my colleagues every time I"m in College Station. I just wish they would open one in Houston!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bryan, Texas
“Great atmosphere, live music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I took my wife on a date here last week and loved it. There was very smooth live music playing the whole time and our waiter Zack did a great job. We liked the food and would say it was average to above average but it was the atmosphere that we really enjoyed. We will be back soon. A must go

• Visited October 2013