“Will Stay Again” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in College Station
Conroe
“Will Stay Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The rooms are set up with beds in one room with a television and a door separates the living room with a television. This is a great feature for me because sometimes I get up in the middle of the night and do not disturb other family members. The continental breakfast has a large variety of various foods from fruit, yogurt, cereal, eggs, biscuits, and bacon. My favorite is the Texas waffles. Everything in working order. The price of the room, hotel staffing, and location will bring me back each time I visit College Station.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Spring
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

On April 26 upon arrival our bank card was swiped onsite and debited $261.50.
On Monday looks like Hawthorne corrected the charges to match the attached receipt for $241.50
On Monday they also debited out $120.75. As per my 2nd phone call to Hawthorne was advised that’s the exact amount for 1 night stay.
I’ve attempted to get an explination and most importantly a refund and have not had any luck. I’ve left a voicemail with Jessica, the assistant manager and have yet tob hear back from her.
I’ve left a message with Michael at the front desk to have someone return my call and still nothing.
I’ve also filed a complaint with your corporate office. I WILL CONTINUE TO KEEP GOING HIGHER UP AND UP UNTIL I GET AN EXPLINATION AND A REFUND.
At this time with all the hassle and non customer satisfaction, I’m tempted to request for a full refund.
Our daughter is on a travel select softball team. We normally stay at a Hawthorne when traveling. We noramlly book 10-12 rooms when we travel out of town.
But if this is how you treat your customers I will advise the team to stay elsewhere. Especially since I make the reservations.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

hawthornmanager, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham College Station, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for Notifying me about the charge you recived on your credit card. I appreciate you taking the time in completing our survey and hope you accept my aplolgies for any inconvenience you experienced. I have researched our records and found the extra charge to your credit card. A credit to your credit card has been issued and should reflect your credit card statement. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Hawthorn Suites the next time you are in College Station. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

Sincerely
Amber Delgado
San Angelo, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I booked my room 6 months in advance of my stay because I knew the activities in this town for the month of June would fill hotel rooms.

I received a confirmation Stating> Payment Method: We require a valid credit card to confirm your reservation and guarantee your room. Any required deposit or pre-payment will be charged to this card immediately. Otherwise, your card will not be charged until you check out. <

I was not charge at that time, then 4 months later I"m charged to for the entire amount. I call spoke to management, send them the confirmation email and they said they would credit my card back and I would have to wait 15 days to see it show up on my account.

I waited 15 business days and no credit, I went to my bank yesterday and filled fraudulent charges. Checked my account today and another charge from the hotel for the same amount is pending, management said they had already reversed those new charges. If it doesn't drop off I'm going to have to go back to my bank again and add the new amount to my fraudulent changes paper work and possible have to cancel my card - what a pain ; (

I've heard, it's the new computer system, you should not have put it on you debit card, you used a third party to book the hotel, you booked a room that gets charged right away, it's VISA not letting the credit go thru.

Good thing I kept my confirmation email stating differently, good thing I kept all my voice mails regarding this telling me they credited my account. I'm glad my bank will credit me back and fraud will research this and I don't have to deal with it.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for notifying me about your reservation problem you experienced at the Hawthorn Suites. I appreciate you taking the time to write and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

I have researched our records and the reservation you booked was an advance purchase. I have taken care of your credit card deposit and refunded you the amount that was charged. This is something we would not do on a normal situation. Please let me know should you have any future charges and I will be happy to help you.

We appreciate your patronage and hope this inconvenience will not keep you from stay at the Hawthorn Suites . I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

Amber Delgado
Odessa, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The front desk staff was very personable and the service was great! My room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. I LOVED the breakfast! By far one of the best hotels in town-I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham College Station? Share your experiences!