“Good stay, great service, will stay again” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #12 of 29 hotels in College Station
Ennis, Texas
“Good stay, great service, will stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Went with my wife and daughter for Aggieland Saturday. Great location, right next to restaurants, stores, hotels, etc... The lobby is somewhat small but nice. We got in early Saturday (1:45pm) and was told our rooms were not ready, they were 100% booked the night before and it probably won't be ready until 3:00pm (check in time). I came back right at 3:00 and was told our room still wasn't ready, she apologized and said she could give me a standard 2 queen that is ready, but my 2 queen suite was not. We were not in a big hurry so I said I'd wait, she asked for my cell phone, "she would call me as soon as its ready" (yeah right, I thought, like THAT'S gonna happen). 20 minutes later my cell phone rings to let me know my suite is ready, I was impressed.
The rooms are very large, very clean and modern. Nice living room/kitchen with full fridge, microwave and coffee-maker. Small bathroom but very good water pressure and hot water in shower/tub. Bedroom is large with 2 queens, firm mattresses (I liked, my wife didn't). Free continental breakfast that was good; eggs, bacon(was so-so, too greasy), waffles, fruit, juices, etc... Overall a very good stay, friendly staff and fairly new/modern furnishings.

269 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Great room, service, price and breakfast. Located an easy walking distance to multiplie restaurants. Room is divided in half with a kitchenette in one half and sleeping area on the other. Will stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for almost a week. The suite was spacious and there was plenty of room. My husband loved the fog free mirror that was in the shower. It was nice because he could completely get ready without waking the rest of us up. We had a few maintenance problems with the toilet and A/C but they were promptly taking care of by the staff. Everyone from the front desk people, to the lady who works the breakfast area, to the cleaning ladies were absolutely wonderful. The manager there was great and addressed any concerns we had while staying there. Another perk is that it is right next to Mc Alisters and several other restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a handicap room. They are bigger.
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was our first time to stay at this hotel. It was actually recommended to us by a friend that has a student attending A&M. My initial impression as I walked in ,was this is an older property.But overall, that would not deter me from a future stay. At check -in I was assigned a room that was obviously smoked in. My reservation was for non smoking and a new assignment was quickly made with no problems. There was also a follow-up phone call to my room to assure my satisfaction. My favorite feature is the room arrangement. Since it is a suite hotel, the living area is entered from the hall, and is furnished with a sleeper couch, chair,coffee table,2 lamps, a fridge ,microwave and sink. There is a door that closes this area off from the sleeping area.I am an early riser and this gave me a nice space to go read.The sink is also seperate from the potty/ shower area which to me is another plus.And there is actually a vent fan in the shower area!( sign of an older hotel, but I like that).The room was a comfortable size and the beds were also comfortable.You can't beat the location in College Station. It is close to many resturants as well as the A&M campus.Standard hotel breakfast served that we didn't eat , but fresh fruit available for snacks.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor to avoid noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
hawthornmanager, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham College Station, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to complete our survey. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Hawthorn Suites, I will be sure to pass on this survey to my employees and congratulate them on a job well done. We work really hard to ensure that all guests are full satisfied during their stay. Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions and we look forward to have you stay with us again. Thank you again!

Amber Delgado
979-695-9500
knox city, tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

I reserved a 2 queen bed room 3 months in advance for tamu graduation weekend. Upon arrival I was told they only had a king room. I told them my reservation was for 2 queens. She told me that when you book through another hotel site that the type of room is not guaranteed. I pulled up my reservation on my phone told her I booked it through the Wyndham site and it was for 2 queen beds. She just said again they only had a king. Which I took because it was a graduation weekend and I knew I wouldn't be able to find another room. I would have appreciated a discount or something since I didn't get what I reserved on their site..

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
hawthornmanager, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham College Station, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you taking the time out of your day to complete our survey. I understand that you had some issues regarding your room type during your stay. I have addressed this issue with my staff so we can ensure that you and any future guest get the room types that they are requesting. I apologize for your experience here at the Hawthorn suites and please feel free to contact me should you have any further questions.

Amber Delgado
979-695-9500

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham College Station? Share your experiences!