“Great choice in College Station” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Early and Save
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in College Station
“Great choice in College Station”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

The Hyatt in college station has large and clean rooms . The staff is friendly and helped with all my request . Good breakfast with a lot of places to eat surrounding the hotel . If I have to stay in college station again this Hyatt is at the top of the list ..

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed two nights late February early March 2013. Seems popular with sports teams so table space at breakfast was limited due to 'kids with attitude' occupying chairs/tables for extended period of time. Rest of us grab food, eat fast and move on. Oh well. Try to get down early.

Very spacious and clean rooms. Normally, I tell people to stay away from elevators but this place has a nice couple suite rooms tucked in behind elevators and no noise at all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

If you can, make reservations in advance. All of the hotels in College Station, Tx and Bryan book up completely. This hotel is in a great location. Numerous restaurants and shopping nearby. The hotel itself seems fairly new. The rooms are nice and seem updated. My first night was not so good. The AC didn't work well and I should've called to have it looked at but was too tired so I pretended I was camping. :) The second night is yet to be determined. I'm here right now. The AC already feels better. We'll see if they "reset" the thermostat during the night.

The breakfast was great and the coffee is good. They have a Starbucks that is open 24 hrs! Yes 24 hrs!!! Also have a nice happy hour. The staff has been very nice and helpful. Only reason I didn't give them a 5 is due to the thermostat issue. Hopefully tonight will be better sleeping.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Round Rock, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The room was large. We stayed on the 3rd floor. You could hear noise from the street. Do not believe the "heavenly bed" advertising. I had a wicked back ache for almost 1 month and we only stayed there 2 nights. The buffet was convenient. A nice choice of vegetables. However, they do have A LOT of local teams stay there which makes for noisy public areas - lots of back packs, duffel bags in the lobby. :-( The sofa in the room was uncomfortable to sit on and did not feel all that clean. We sat on towels to help with the feeling.

Room Tip: Reserve room away from the street.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Second time at this hotel after an enjoyable first stay, but this time I encountered all sorts of problems. The hotel is under a floor by floor renovation, and it was over the holidays, so I guess that could explain the problems. Perhaps things will be better next time.

The location of the hotel is great -- within walking distance of good eateries, near the campus, and central to B/CS. The rooms are good, but I would have put the sink area inside the bathroom instead of out in the open.

The problems on this trip were numerous -- the HDTV in the room didn't work, 2 electrical plugs were not functioning, 2 lights were out, ants in the room, room didn't get serviced one day until we asked at 6 p.m.. The water turned off at 10:00 a.m. with no warning; we called the mgr. on duty and he had no idea. Contractors were very noisy right under our window at 7:00 a.m., dragging wood and metal items across the parking lot. The hot tub had a funky green slime on the surface of the water, which we discovered after getting in and it got all over us. Leftover pizza was left on the floor in the pool area for days. The windows in the room slide open left to right and they are very low, so we kept our kids away from it when it was opened (because the room wouldn't cool off).

Since I've stayed here before, and had none of these problems, I'll give the property the benefit of a doubt. We discussed these issues with the staff, and I suppose they did their best.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Victoria V, Manager at Hyatt Place College Station, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this feedback on your most recent stay with us. I am glad to hear your first stay with us was enjoyable and as well as your positive feedback regarding our excellent and convenient location near campus and many local restaurants.

I do want to sincerely apologize to you for any issues caused by our recent renovations during your stay, and thank you for your gracious understanding. You are correct in that we chose to renovate during the holidays while we were experiencing slower guest traffic. I can confirm that your issues with your electrical outlets, lights, and noise were due to these renovations and am glad to say these issues have been resolved and that we are finishing our guest room reconstruction this week. I have looked into the other issues which you addressed and have spoken to the responsible departments to ensure these matters are taken care of and not overlooked in the future.

If you are ever back in College Station, I hope we can welcome you back to our newly renovated rooms and show you a fantastic hotel experience.

Regards,

Victoria
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for two nights. Requested a late checkout and it was granted without a problem.

The rooms are quite large, with a nice L-shaped couch that made for watching TV quite comfortable on a 40+ inch flat screen.

We had two queen beds that were quite comfortable. There was a mini fridge and bar sink that made it nice to have cold beverages.

The bathroom was small. Sink in the bedroom and the door almost hit the toilet when entering the bathroom. There were some minor issues, bath filled with water when showering, toilet ran water on occasion, but minor items that I am sure will be fixed now that I told them.

Toiletries not impressive, who uses bar soap anymore?

Breakfast was very nice, hot sandwiches, pancakes, fruit, cottage cheese, yogurt, bagels, oatmeal, cereal, juices, coffee. Very nice!

There was also a little counter service bar that sold a couple varieties of Starbucks coffee, Gatorade, soda, etc. prices were fair and it was very convenient.

I booked with a Costco rate and was very pleased. We would stay here again should we pay a return visit.

Staff was very friendly and this goes a Lon way in having a nice experience.

• Stayed December 2012
hpcollegestation, General Manager at Hyatt Place College Station, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your great review. We always strive to go above and beyond for each guest by providing the friendliest staff and cleanest hotel in the College Station area. You will have to make sure to stop by and see our newly renovated rooms. We are adding some very nice touches that I think you will really enjoy. We are also replacing the bath amenities with a more upscale selection to make your upcoming stays even more enjoyable. Thank you again for staying at the Hyatt Place College Station and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Robert Levy
The Woodlands, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We have stayed here before and enjoyed the location, room and price. This time the room cost was $359.00 a night, since it was a Texas A&M home game weekend I suppose. But these rooms are not and will not ever be worth that price.

I asked for an adjustment and did receive an $80 price break over the whole weekend. But still felt a bit gouged.

The staff was very friendly and helpful through out our stay!

The hvac unit was noisy and didn't maintain an even temperature ever and had to be adjusted constantly.

Toilet needed repairing so it would flush properly.

My advice would be its a fine place to stay, but do your homework and get a better price!!

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Hyatt Place College Station? Share your experiences!