“Amazing dining experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Veritas Wine & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Asian, Continental
Good for: Bar scene, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: University and Tarrow
Description: Veritas is a Casual Upscale Restaurant with focus on Seasonal & Market Driven Menu with emphasis on Asian-American-French flavor.
college station, tx
“Amazing dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

This place had some of the best fish I have ever had! The sushi and sashimi were excellent. They also had Kobe beef which was such a rare find in a place like College Station. Smaller tasting dishes were availabe for only $10 as well! The service was good, very friendly. Also had a large wine selection. I will go there every time I am in the area!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

dallas, texas
“Nice atmosphere and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

My husband and I stopped in last Friday evening thinking it was a wine bistro/bar. Actually it is an upscale restaurant. The menu had a lot of fish and since I am allergic to fish I had to pass on everything except the cheese plate (which you have to ask for it is on the dessert menu). I also ordered the wine flight which I thought was very nice. They told us they have over 1600 bottles of wine so I am sure there is one to suit your taste. My husband ordered the sea bass special of the day. He said it was a little overcooked but tasty. He also ordered the truffle mac and cheese all I can say is amazing......The presentation of the food was outstanding as well as the service. I really enjoyed the fact that it was adults and not full of college students.... I would go there again...dinner for one/ wine for one and 2 apps $78.00

• 4 of 5 stars Food
texas
“Best i have ever had!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

My husband took me out for my birthday here. We did the omakase six ways with wine pairing. Executive Chef Tai Lee hand delivered 6 of the best dishes i have ever had. You pay for what you get and, this was worth every penny!! If you want to wow that someone special than this is the place to go.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Oslo
“One of my best wining/dining experiences in USA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2009

I was out alone. They had excellent wines by the glass, and several exciting tasting experiences -prepared in a challenging way. i had three courses with matching wines. Very friendly and knowledgable staff. I was there Friday night and also experienced their nice live (pop/jazz) music. The chef and somelier was continually among the guests.

College Station
“Do you like being told how to eat?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2009

I took my wife and daughter looking for an upscale experience. If you want someone to tell you how to eat, what to eat, what order to eat it in, you'll love this place. For my tastes, the food was mediocre, service was haughty and sparse, and overall it was overpriced. Much better choices in B/CS are Messina Hoff, Republic, Maddens, Excell or Christophers.