“Wonderful Place to Stay!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Coleman
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Austin, Texas
“Wonderful Place to Stay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I have recently stayed here for a couple of days and it felt like I was home away from home!! The staff was very nice and welcoming. The hotel rooms have been remodeled and are comfortable and the room was extremely clean and they had a very friendly night staff. I would recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

No problems with staff, but they did seem like they didn't care much. Smallest breakfast eating area I have seen, which went along well with their subpar selection. If you don't have business in town, just do yourself a favor and go on to the next town for better selection on everything.

• Stayed October 2011
Blanco, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

The service I received at this hotel was rude, inconsiderate and invasive of my privacy. I would not recommend staying here and would not stay here again. The (much) cheaper Budget Inn is a much better bet.

The first morning, I put the ‘do not disturb’ sign up, as I was exhausted and wanted to get some proper sleep. The second morning, I also put up the ‘do not disturb’ sign for the same reason.

Around mid morning I received a phone call from Mr. Bachdhakta (who in addition to running the hotel also seems to manage the front desk most of the time) informing me that the maid service absolutely must clean my room. I told him I was catching up on some much needed rest and would prefer that the maid service come later. He became agitated and said that was not an option, and told me if I would not let the room be cleaned, then he would kick me out of the hotel. He then told me that I could remain sleeping in bed while the maids cleaned around me and it would only take 20-30 minutes. Ridiculous! especially considering the amount of money the room cost me.

When I did finally wake up rested, I went to the main office to inform him that I was awake and his maids could clean my room without disturbing me. At this he rolled his eyes, argued, and gave me a lot of attitude about the fact that I put the ‘do not disturb’ sign up and was asleep at the time that he wanted my room cleaned.

I find Mr. Bachdhakta’s proposed invasion of privacy, rudeness and lack of respect for a paying customer abominable and the price was too high considering what was offered.

The beds are also covered with a plastic coated protector, which ends up causing you to sweat while sleeping.

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Coleman, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

The manager and staff are aggogant and will flatly state,"if you don't like our rates, go somewhere else" If you have any kind of discounts availed to you, they go out the window if you have a pet. They charge full tourist rate PLUS $15. In my case made a difference of $34. For a minature Schnauzer. He said if you have a pet, you pay highest rates plus pet charge and if you don't like it you can go somewhere else. This guy and his staff, evidently have too much business so he doesn't care if he gets YOUR business or not. My wife and I spend over 330 days a year in motels and RARELY run into such disconcern for our business. AVOID this motel/town if at all possible. The town has nothing going for it to have to put up with such customer indifference.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

have stayed here a few times since 2003 and have seen some nice changes by the owners. new carpeting, bathroom fixtures, and pillowtop beds make it the best place, hands down, in this tiny town. housekeeping was excellent. asked for a couple extra pillows and she didn't forget. all rooms have small fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. breakfast is pastries, cereal, and even waffles and pancakes. just across the street is a good pizza hut and a couple bbq places within a couple blocks, as well as an allsup's and 7-11.

the only thing you might want to avoid is any of the non-smoking rooms numbered from 100-111, they're sandwiched between smoking rooms and have the residual smell, which can be a little annoying at first. luckily, the odor dissipates if you keep the heat or a/c on for awhile during your stay. other than that, it should be the only place you consider while in coleman.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

The staff is rude and changes rates according to local events. The cost of a room doubled in less than 3 days because of a local redeo. The only thing this hotel had going for it over the other local hotel is that it accepted pets, which you pay an extra $15 for.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Bryan, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

The hotel was clean and quiet. They had a continental breakfast, which we had the first morning - second morning went to a nearby restaurant for a full breakfast for $3.25. We were there for a Family Reunion which was held in a private room at the Public Library. A wonderful time was had by all.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Coleman Inn? Share your experiences!