“Not a great way to start the year” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Clute
“Not a great way to start the year”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We traveled as a family to the Lake Jackson Texas area the last week of December 2014. We picked Townplace suites because they have two bedroom suites with a kitchen and family room area. These are hard to find. After our first night we noticed bug bites on our legs and a nagging head ache when we woke up. (Occurred every morning we were there) We were busy visiting family that we didn't investigate the cause. One afternoon we came back to relax before our New Year eve plans. In the day light we found fleas on both beds. Mold on the A/C vent and duct area and silver fish on a bed pillow. We immediately decided to check out and report it to the office. They did reduce our bill, but did not offer any other apology after sending a comment to their corporate office. The fleas and mold surprised us for this type of facility. One positive, they staff were pleasant.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Ashley B, Manager at TownePlace Suites Lake Jackson/Clute, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello,

We understand all of the frustrations and concerns this has caused the entire family, We take full responsibility in not catching the issue before check in. It is our goal at the TownePlace Suites to make sure these things do not happen and the fact that it did is not acceptable. We are taking extra precautions to prevent this from happening in the future. It is our deepest regret that this has happened.

Ashley B

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After a few hiccupps with the reservation, we got it all sorted out and had a very nice stay while in the LakeJackson area for a wedding. So nice to have the kitchenett. The room was very clean and well furnished. There was room to sleep 6 with the 2 queen size beds and a pull-out sofa. Tasty Breakfast from 5:30-9:00. Though we didn't bring our fur-baby this time, the grass around the property was green and free of burs/stickers.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Ashley B, Manager at TownePlace Suites Lake Jackson/Clute, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello,

I apologize about the issue with your reservation, but I am very glad to hear that we were able to get the issue solved. We do our best to make sure our guests have an enjoyable experience. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Ashley B
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stay in Marriott's over 15 days every month on business but when I come down to this area its on my time. The staff here is excellent.....friendly and personable. It's really like a second home. Miss Estella is so sweet I am disappointed if I miss her. It means so much to me since I travel and stay in hotels weekly to know good people are there. I dont usually do these but on my last trip Lauren gets the credit. She can handle anything and is always upbeat. This is an outstanding Marriott property.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Ashley B, Manager at TownePlace Suites Lake Jackson/Clute, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Hello,

This brings us great pleasure that you enjoy your stays with us! We do our best to go above and beyond for our guests and this feedback lets me know we are on the right track! If you ever have any suggestions or need anything please feel free to contact me at any time.

Oklahoma City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2015

Another quality Marriot location. property grounds and building are well maintained. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Room had all of the things I have come to expect, comfortable bed, pillows and a well equipped work area. Breakfast was plenty.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Ashley B, Manager at TownePlace Suites Lake Jackson/Clute, responded to this review, January 26, 2015
Hello,

We at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Lake Jackson Clute thank you for taking the time to submit this review. We are very happy that we could accommodate you for your travel needs and that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you during your next trip to the area!

Ashley Baker
Operations Manager
Overland Park, KS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2014

Traveled to the Lake Jackson/Clute area for business and stayed at the only Marriott in the area due to being a Marriott rewards member. Very impressed with the friendly staff that greeted us upon our late night arrival, thank you for the smile Bea.

Room was comfortable and clean.

Breakfast was limited but much appreciated since we had to be out the door our first morning very early so at least we had some food in our stomachs to start the day. Again thank you for that Bea.

This was my first time staying at a TownPlace Suite brand and absolutely enjoyed it. Located around restaurants so access to those is pretty easy.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Ashley B, Manager at TownePlace Suites Lake Jackson/Clute, responded to this review, November 28, 2014
Hello,

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us this review it is appreciated. Secondly I'm glad we could accomodate you and that Ms. Bea was a big help I will definitely pass this on. If you ever have any suggestions please feel free to contact us at any time.

Lakewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

I have stayed at this many times in the past year and there were major issues we had with certain people & problems we dealt with but I will say this over the past few months the hotel Management team has step up and made some much needed changes in this hotel and I will without a shadow of of a doubt recommand the hotel 150% to everyone. The have an awesome Team that truly goes beyond the call of duty to make you feel truly right at home while away from home. A BIG THANK YOU the Manager of the Hotel Ms. Ashley, & 3 caring young ladies that have been very sweet, kind & helped to me a lot & to my family too, they are Lauren and Ruby and Kiera They are all awesome Thank you so much

Room Tip: the rooms are clean they are in process of getting remolded. the atomshere is great and the staff in...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Ashley B, Manager at TownePlace Suites Lake Jackson/Clute, responded to this review, November 20, 2014
Hello,

We appreciate you taking the time to give us this AWESOME review and your loyalty to our hotel. If you have any suggestions on what we could improve on please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

I stayed at Towneplace suites for 50 nights, starting early Sept 2014. This place is ultra-clean, good sized rooms, quiet and staffed with a 5-star crew. A special thanks to Night Counter Attendant Ms. Beatrice Edwards. The entire staff was always friendly and helpful, but Ms. Bea went out of her way to be hospitable and make me feel like I was at home. Every staff member greeted me by name! I work 12 hour days, 7 days a week. When you work those hours, small details can make a big difference. Their were a lot of business travelers staying here from the Oil and Gas business. Our work days start ultra early. We could always count on Ms Bea having breakfast out EARLY to cater to her early risers. Again, the little details..

a Plus: Every floor had a well equipped laundry room with 3 washers and 3 dryers THAT ACTUALLY WORKED, and only cost $2.50 to wash/dry per load.

The only aspect I would say lacked was their gym and maybe their WiFi. The gym was a little sparse and w no scale. And you needed to sign in to their WiFi every time you left the hotel and came back. Kind of a pain, but the WiFi was fast.

Top notch. I would highly recommend. And if you happen to check in a night and meet Ms. Bea, your stay will surely start off the right way.

I travel 11 - 12 months a year and the Staff at TownePlace Suties - Clute were knowledgeable and quick with any service requested. I'm staying at a Holiday Inn in Louisiana now and the front desk help leaves a lot to be desired.

Good job, Marriott!

Room Tip: I had a room next to the parking lot and with the black-out curtains, I slept like a baby. The hote...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Ashley B, Manager at TownePlace Suites Lake Jackson/Clute, responded to this review, October 29, 2014
T.Parolini,

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, we also enjoyed having you! It is always our goal to make our guests feel at home especially when they are with us for so long. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit.

Been to TownePlace Suites Lake Jackson/Clute? Share your experiences!