“Smells like mildew” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 hotels in Clute
Monroe, Louisiana
“Smells like mildew”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Hallways have strong mildew odor. Unreliable internet. Noisy a/c in room. Wakeup call feature on phone doesn't work and the front desk forgets your wakeup call. Marginal breakfast. Toughest omelets I've ever eaten; needed a knife to cut them. Won't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

This was a very convenient location to get to anything in Clute, Lake Jackson and Freeport. The staff was wonderful, the amenities enjoyable and the price was right! Whether going to the area's mall, visiting friends, heading to the many beaches, visiting family and friends, this was an excellent choice!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Ashley B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Lake Jackson/Clute, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Hello,

We here at the TownePlace Suites wanted to thank you for your time and business. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Hotel was well maintained. Reservation was wrong, but was fixed immediately. No full breakfast like stated, just a continental one with very little opitions. Great beds & very quiet. Would stay again!

Room Tip: Rooms with King-sized beds are more private, but smaller. Rooms with Queen-sized beds are less priva...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

super clean, great rooms and most of all the beds were perfect, i even asked my husband if he would buy me one when we got home. the people there are so sweet and front desk ladys are outstanding and that made our 4 nights stay even better.I loved having 2 flat screens so i could lay in bed and watch my shows while my husband watched the game in the living room, best place ever, we will be back. thank you Towneplace Suites you guys are amazing!!

Room Tip: we stayed in the one bed room suite, perfect for my husband to do his work and i could shut the bed...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Ashley B, Manager at TownePlace Suites Lake Jackson/Clute, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review we appreciate all feedback from our guests. We will be taking action to rectify these things. I would like to personally apologize about the issues you encountered during your stay. I agree that this is unacceptable. We would love for you to give us a chance to rectify this experience on us. If you are willing to give us a second chance please contact me at the hotel. Again thank you for your feedback.

Ashley Baker
Operations Manager
TownePlace Suites Lake Jackson/Clute
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel is so friendly and accommodating to the traveler. We have stayed here twice within 3 months, and the staff has been outstanding both visits. The front desk / concierge staff is knowledgeable and trained to serve (which isn't as common as you think it should be!). On this visit, I believe I talked with Victoria, and she was friendly and welcoming. The roomy are very clean. The kitchen and living area help to make you feel comfortable. Plenty of hot water for showers. Beds are very comfortable and inviting. And... save the best for last, the outdoor pool is clean and the water is not too cold! it is great! The outdoor patio area and landscaping is kept very clean and beautiful. There is even a grill for guests' use! And - here's a shout out for Victor, who notices what's needed and helps the guests - even when I am pretty sure it's not in his job description.
Overall, GREAT place to stay!

Room Tip: I like the rooms that face the pool. Some rooms have desks at the window.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Comfortable, quiet and easy access to highway. I can say anything bad nor can I place them as an outstanding place to stay. It just works... note we did have a COCKROACH in our room not a palmetto bug. I do know the difference.

The telephone did not work... discovered that on the second day.

The wireless is terrible! No ethernet ports in the rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Our time here was short, but Bea made a great impression on us. We got there a little after midnight after a long drive down from Dallas. We were given our room information quickly and a quick rundown of the hotel and what was available. Once in our room, it was nice and clean. The bed was great, but it helped I was really tired and knew that fishing was coming early. After a few hours of sleep, we were up and had almost no delay in plenty of hot water in the hotel. I quickly remembered how soft the water is down there, but I cant ding the hotel on that. Breakfast was setup downstairs and we had a wide selection to choose from. I would have preferred some meat selections, but fruit, waffles, cereal, yogurt was probably better for me. We were out with shift change and on the water 20 minutes later.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to TownePlace Suites Lake Jackson/Clute? Share your experiences!