“Very Adequate Accomodations” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 9 hotels in Clute
Redstone, Co
“Very Adequate Accomodations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

This motel seemed to be rated about as high as any of the moderately priced motels in the Clute / Freeport / Lake Jackson area so we stayed. Price charged was about 20% less than shown on internet but we were there mid-week in mid-January and not many folks staying at all the motels in this area. We found the room very adequate and clean. Our only complaint was that there was no wifi service that night which I understand is not normal. The night clerk was obviously not well versed in helping to get the wifi service back on. The continental breakfast which includes eggs and sausage was quite adequate.

Room Tip: Suggest getting room on 2nd floor away from the street traffic.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

We stayed one night on our way home from Galveston. The hotel was clean and our room was in good condition. Will stay here again. Easy access from freeway.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Bev Hills
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

This had to be one of the most horrible experiences I have ever had at a hotel. Not only does it have a fabulous view of the chemical plant, it began badly with the person at the front desk saying that there would be an extra charge for a crib. As we wrestled our way into the room due to something being wrong with the door lock, I read in the hotel information that cribs were complimentary. The room was so dank and dark that we decided just to use our own pac-n-play and not even try what they had to offer. I took the kids to the pool, where after 10 minutes I had to go back to the room and put my clothes over my bathing suit, due to the line of motorcycle gang members (there must have been a convention for banditos that weekend) ogling me from the balcony above. The hotel also did not provide pool towels-we had to sign 4 out at the front desk and were told we would be charged if they were not accounted for the next morning. We promptly returned them to the front desk as soon as we could. Went back to the room soon after.
The entire night was filled with sounds from motorcycles arriving and leaving-the motorcycle owners actually drove them up to the door and parked them right in front of their door. The next morning we tried to make a quick getaway and went to pick up some breakfast for the drive home. I took my 2 year old toddler with me and was greeted to a racist comment from the person who apparently made the crappy breakfast.
All in all, I will never,ever go back to a 'quality' inn or Clute, TX.

Room Tip: just don't go!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Everything new and clean. Staff most helpful and friendly. Breakfast consistent with other Choice properties. Appreciated new spotless linens that did not smell of bleach!!!! We will be back next year for sure.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
McComb, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

I was a little disappointed because they seemed unable to properly program the key card. However, I must say, after my third visit to the front desk, the maintenence man arrived at my room and corrected the problem. Also, the diverter in the tub/shower was corroded to the point that you could not get the shower to work. Oh yeah, and the smoke alarm chirped for need of a battery. I disconnected it and left it in my car overnight. But, having said all that, the place was quiet (sans chirping), clean, and comfortable. The breakfast was OK and the wifi worked well. I did not expect it to be perfect and they appear to be trying to make the hotel as good as possible.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

We booked a Holiday Inn Express on Hotwire but somehow their website had an error on the address so it booked us at the 'Quality' Inn instead. So we headed down the road expecting a comparable hotel. In no way, other than sharing the word 'Inn', was it comparable.

It was unbelievable, in a very very bad way. At the doorstep, the smell of hot decomposing trash was overwhelming. I looked around and couldn't see a dumpster anywhere, because that's what it smelled like, but I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Every time we opened the door to the room, a big cloud of dumpster-smell air wafted in though. Lovely. The room was dark, musty (air conditioning was unplugged), and dirty. It had been 'cleaned' but everything was so old there was no way to get the years of grime out. The carpet was a dark teal color and so filthly I refused to take my choes off.

My son was asleep, so we decided to let him finish his nap and then decide if we would brave the night When he woke up two hours later we already had the car packed. My husband saw a huge brown spider on the side of the TV. Alas, it got away before he could kill it. That was enough for me.

As it turns out, the spider, or perhaps a friend of his, had crawled into my purse for the ride home with us. I found it on my arm about 10 minutes from the hotel. Half an hour of my husband frantically chasing it around the car later and finally catching it, we finally got back on the road.

This was undoubtedly the worst hotel experience I have had.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
txtraveler46
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

Newly remodeled. Everything perfect. Excellent pillow top mattress. Good TV, Hot water, clean crisp sheets. Friendly staff. I come to this city once a year and this will be my first choice from now on. King bed room at senior Rate was only $58.00.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!