“Not worth the money” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Texas Inn & Suites

Texas Inn & Suites
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clute
Texas Inn & Suites
Save Saved
You added Texas Inn & Suites to your Saves list
1007 W Hwy 332, Clute, TX 77531   |
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Clute
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Not worth the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

This hotel looks like great on the outside, but beware!!! Here's what I found:
1. Room was falling apart. Hair dryer did not work, toilet paper holder kept falling off, toilet seat broke(had to hold it to use the restroom).
2. No supplies in the room. When we checked in, the room had only 2 towels. When we asked for more, we had to wait 3 hours for more towels. The attendant told us they were in the dryer.
3. No coffee pot, as advertised, in the room.
4. The complimentary breakfast was pretty bad. Luke-warm coffee, muffins, bagels, juice. That's it. If you're into nothing but carbs and starches, I guess you could call that a breakfast.
5. Upon check-out, the front desk clerk got very rude about me wanting a receipt.
6. Hot tub was cold.
7. Pool was too small.
All in all, I will pay a little bit more and find a good hotel. Will not go back to this one.

Room Tip: No good rooms that I am aware of.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I are very disappointed with our stay here. Not clean. They have no coffee pots in the room or any to barrow. Once we got in our room, their was someones short black hair in the sink. The bathroom wasn't very clean and there was no toilet paper on the roll. We will not stay here ever again!!!

• Stayed December 2011
Austin, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

The good: Cheap, clean, nice pool. The bad: Surly "service." Free breakfast was not served on time, had terrible coffee and few food choices, air conditioner did not work properly, the safety hinge on the door was broken off, bathroom door did not close properly and the lock did not work. We stayed in this hotel last year and although the surly "service" was a problem then, as it is now, the other problems did not exist. It's too bad they have let this happen. It was a good deal last year, but not any more.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
New Haven, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

The room was clean every day,, the continental breakfast was barely there, no variety, the hot tub did not work, said they were replacing a burner, never got done, had cigarett butts in the pool and hot tub, had backaches from bed. Only good thing I can say about this place is it was clean and cheap. Manager was pleasant but workers were unfriendly.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Angleton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

My Husband & I often choose to stay at the Texas Inn & Suites as a get-away! We live less than 20 miles away from this Hotel, but we LOVE it!! We LOVE the comfortable King size bed, very clean room, and for the inexpensive price of $49.00 it has become our FAVORITE place to stay!!! We have to do so much traveling due to our kids being active in sports, but there hasn't been a hotel that has even come close Texas Inn & Suites!!!

I recommend this to anyone traveling to Clute/Lake Jackson!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Baytown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

I have not seen a hotel like this in a very long time! At drive up, the hotel looks very new and clean....Parking is not all that bad either. Front service was very nice and helpful. The room I thought would be just plain and simple like most other hotels.....but was surprised at to see the room was very updated and modern. I would surely recommend this hotel to other family and friends and co workers!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

I was a little worried when we made the reservation since the room was only $65 after taxes/fees. We stayed at another place in Clute for about $75 before and were very disappointed. But, since this hotel looked relatively new (from what information I could find online), we decided to try it out. All I can say is WOW. This place was spotlessly clean. It was so clean that my husband was trying to find something wrong with it because he couldn't believe it was this nice for the low price we paid. I loved that this place is 100% non-smoking!

The room was a "no frills" King room. There is cable tv, but no DVD player. The toiletries were very basic, but we always bring our own soap and shampoo anyhow so that wasn't an issue. There was a mini fridge and microwave, but we didn't have a need for it. The A/C was quiet and didn't smell musty or anything like other places we've stayed. There was also a free continental breakfast which consisted of juice, milk, mini box cereals and some other ordinary things you would find in a very basic continental breakfast.

We didn't use the swimming pool, but hubby went to check it out and said it looked like the chlorine balance was off or something because the water looked green and kinda cloudy. We didn't stay there to swim though, we came to hang out on the beach. However, I hope they fix the pool issue by hiring a reputable pool maintenance person because the wrong Ph and chlorine (or lack thereof) can make people sick.

Overall, the experience was pleasurable and I hope they keep this place top notch because I plan to visit many more times in the future.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Texas Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!