“Don't stay here” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Texas Inn & Suites

Texas Inn & Suites
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clute
Texas Inn & Suites
You added Texas Inn & Suites to your Saves list
1007 W Hwy 332, Clute, TX 77531   |
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Clute
“Don't stay here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

My husband and I are very disappointed with our stay here. Not clean. They have no coffee pots in the room or any to barrow. Once we got in our room, their was someones short black hair in the sink. The bathroom wasn't very clean and there was no toilet paper on the roll. We will not stay here ever again!!!

• Stayed December 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Austin, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

The good: Cheap, clean, nice pool. The bad: Surly "service." Free breakfast was not served on time, had terrible coffee and few food choices, air conditioner did not work properly, the safety hinge on the door was broken off, bathroom door did not close properly and the lock did not work. We stayed in this hotel last year and although the surly "service" was a problem then, as it is now, the other problems did not exist. It's too bad they have let this happen. It was a good deal last year, but not any more.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
New Haven, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

The room was clean every day,, the continental breakfast was barely there, no variety, the hot tub did not work, said they were replacing a burner, never got done, had cigarett butts in the pool and hot tub, had backaches from bed. Only good thing I can say about this place is it was clean and cheap. Manager was pleasant but workers were unfriendly.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Angleton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

My Husband & I often choose to stay at the Texas Inn & Suites as a get-away! We live less than 20 miles away from this Hotel, but we LOVE it!! We LOVE the comfortable King size bed, very clean room, and for the inexpensive price of $49.00 it has become our FAVORITE place to stay!!! We have to do so much traveling due to our kids being active in sports, but there hasn't been a hotel that has even come close Texas Inn & Suites!!!

I recommend this to anyone traveling to Clute/Lake Jackson!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Baytown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

I have not seen a hotel like this in a very long time! At drive up, the hotel looks very new and clean....Parking is not all that bad either. Front service was very nice and helpful. The room I thought would be just plain and simple like most other hotels.....but was surprised at to see the room was very updated and modern. I would surely recommend this hotel to other family and friends and co workers!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

I was a little worried when we made the reservation since the room was only $65 after taxes/fees. We stayed at another place in Clute for about $75 before and were very disappointed. But, since this hotel looked relatively new (from what information I could find online), we decided to try it out. All I can say is WOW. This place was spotlessly clean. It was so clean that my husband was trying to find something wrong with it because he couldn't believe it was this nice for the low price we paid. I loved that this place is 100% non-smoking!

The room was a "no frills" King room. There is cable tv, but no DVD player. The toiletries were very basic, but we always bring our own soap and shampoo anyhow so that wasn't an issue. There was a mini fridge and microwave, but we didn't have a need for it. The A/C was quiet and didn't smell musty or anything like other places we've stayed. There was also a free continental breakfast which consisted of juice, milk, mini box cereals and some other ordinary things you would find in a very basic continental breakfast.

We didn't use the swimming pool, but hubby went to check it out and said it looked like the chlorine balance was off or something because the water looked green and kinda cloudy. We didn't stay there to swim though, we came to hang out on the beach. However, I hope they fix the pool issue by hiring a reputable pool maintenance person because the wrong Ph and chlorine (or lack thereof) can make people sick.

Overall, the experience was pleasurable and I hope they keep this place top notch because I plan to visit many more times in the future.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

I was a very upset that they clerk photo scanned my Drivers License and Credit Card using a credit card scanner. I told him to DELETE that. There is NO reason that they need my Photo DL on file and my credit card scanned and I'm not even sure if that legal, Now they have a way to not only make an exact copy of my credit card including sigature, they also have a way to make an TDL. I'f I didn't know better I thinking that there is some fraud going on there with this clerk. When I asked why he scanned my TDL and Credit card, He immediatly started telling me a stupid story. I've NEVER had anyone scan my TDL and Credit Card.

The Inn was new and clean and $49 is a bargin for this place with heated pool and hot tub. The one PET PEEVE that I have is the HOT tub MUST be HOT. This one was only about 90 degrees and there was not way to turn it up. I really hate when hotels dont attend to the pool and hot tub. The room was simple and the Internet worked without security which is another PET PEEVE when it doesnt work

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
texasinn, General Manager at Texas Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 27, 2010
Dear Sir,
First of all i would like to apologize to you for your not so pleasant experience at my hotel, I would like to assure you that the only reason we scan ID's is for your protection and the protection of our guests. If i may explain, you see the clerk who checked you inn was non other than myself, and sir I have been in the hotel business for the last 18 years and have seen many many things, the main reason we scan ID's is that we know who is a guest in the hotel and who is not, when a guest comes to the desk and ask for a duplicate key for we are able to match a face to a name in the register. As for the legality of the matter, the hotel is a public business which means sir YOU have the CHOICE weather to stay with us or not and if you do decide to stay then we are well with in our rights to scan your ID, BUT, you may also request us NOT to scan your ID as we did for you and we are happy to comply.

Now as for the matter of the hot tub, again i would like to apologize for that, our pool and hot tub share the same plumbing system that includes the heater for the hot tub, well at the request of other guests we turned down the temperature because the pool's water temperature was increasing to an unbearable temperature, if we had known you wanted the temperature increased we would have gladly done it.

Finally sir, we are not a corporatized hotel, we are family owned and operated and we do our best to make all of our guests happy and so far i think all of our past and present guests have been and are happy with our service and hospitality, i hope that this experience has not left you with a bad memory of my hotel, and we hope to see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clute
Baymont Inn and Suites Clute
Candlewood Suites Lake Jackson
Candlewood Suites Lake Jackson
#2 of 6 in Lake Jackson
4.0 of 5 stars 35 reviews

Been to Texas Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!