“Never Again....” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Clute / Lake Jackson

You added Americas Best Value Inn - Clute / Lake Jackson to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - Clute / Lake Jackson
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   805 W. Highway 332, Clute, TX 77531 (Formerly Clute - Days Inn)   |
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Clute
Crockett, Texas
“Never Again....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2014

After a 3 and a half hour drive I headed straight for the bathroom...There was pee splattered all over the toilet and in a puddle on the floor...I decided ok I will call and ask if someone can come clean it....while waiting I looked around and found what appeared to be coke or some kind of soda in the sink. There were ants on the counter, food crumbs and coke spilled on the table and the bed had hairs in it. I told the maids never mind I'm checking out. The receptionist told me I couldn't have my money back but could change rooms. My second room was not much better. Still had a dirty toilet and table with coke and food crumbs on it but the bed was clean. The floor had food crumbs and sand still on it. I caught the maids and asked for cleaner to clean my room....they handed it to me and stood in the door way speaking in spanish while I cleaned my room. My family has stayed here many times in the past when it was Days Inn...Never had a problem. This was my second time here since it has changed hands and I can say this will be the last!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Gatesville, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

I went down to Clute for the Labor day weekend with my son for some family time. The only thing that was clean was the beds. The towels hanging in the bathroom had unknown hairs on them that were not blonde. The free breakfast was gone by the time we made it down to eat. My room was on the side facing the street light so it felt as if I was sleeping at an airport and there was constant stomping from the neighbors next door. Oh and the WIFi was non existent. The only thing that was good about the stay was that it was about 5 miles from Surfside Beach.

Room Tip: rent a room from another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Went down to the area for the weekend to fish and have some family time. Check-in process was simple. Peaked my interest though when you walk-in to the registration office and an unpleasant smell lingers in the air. Next was the room- Wow what a horrific smell. They haven't cleaned this room in a while. Dirty towel still on the shower curtain rod. Hair and bugs in the bathroom. Hair around the sink and countertop. Dirt and yellowing stains on all the walls. Holes in the wall from the door knob- and it wasn't recent because there was no new sheetrock dust on the floor. They don't take care of the place at all and appears they don't really care, otherwise we wouldn't have all these issues. With all the competition around them, this will be one hotel we will not be returning too.

Room Tip: If its value you are looking for, then this is the place. $65 per night. In this case, you get wha...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Portage, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

There is a great deal of construction jobs in the Clute/Lake Jackson Texas area and the hotel seemed to be full of construction people. We ran into two while checking in who were intoxicated. When we arrived at about 11:00PM on a weeknight the person at the front desk could not find our reservation despite my presenting a confirmation number. He said the confirmation number meant nothing to him. The room we had was in a word, horrible. The outside door had a hole in it large enough for a small rodent to get inside not to mention all the bugs! The bathroom was not cleaned from the previous guest's stay. Toothpaste in the sink and garbage in the basket. I don't think the rooms have been renovated in years. I would not have stayed except I was afraid since the room was guaranteed for late arrival I would have a struggle with getting my credit card credited for not staying there. Surprisingly the pool area was very clean and well kept. Too bad the rest of the was a dump.

Room Tip: I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Baytown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

this motel has a king size and the receptionist was friendly rooms are clean and did not hear any noise. breakfast included all this for total $ 62.00 receptionist even told me I could have as many people as I wanted in there of course I like to stay by my self so no body was there with me.

Room Tip: if you are not there for extended stay and don't want your room to smell like food ask for a roo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Clute / Lake Jackson? Share your experiences!