“Great hotel in Clute” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Clute
Anchorage, Alaska
“Great hotel in Clute”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

This hotel looks brand new. It is VERY clean and beautifully furnished. The decor is light, colorful, and modern - very appealing. The rooms are good size and the staff are very friendly and helpful. It is a little tricky negotiating the roads to get to and from it since it is on a one way frontage road, but that is true of all the hotels in that area. The breakfast was typical of Holiday Inn Express. All in all, it was a very enjoyable place to stay and I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012
Kru-HIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear John H,

Thank you so much for your positive review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Clute. We look forward seeing you during your next visit to the Clute-Lake Jackson area. Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your experience with this review.

Jay, Kru and the entire team at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Geoje, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

New, clean, modern and comfortable.
The soap they provide smells like snickerdoodles!! Front desk and breakfast attendants very accommodating and friendly. One thing that was kind of odd was that we felt a bit like we were competing for food at the breakfast buffet. The housekeepers come in and eat while the guests are eating. I don't mean to seem elitist, I have been a housekeeper...but it seems maybe they could eat after the guests. One day of breakfast there was no juice at all and only 3 small cartons of milk. All the other breakfast was delish as expected at the HiExpress. :)

Also, it was pretty gross that people (other guests I would assume), deem it necessary to drop their chewing tobacco right outside the door. One hunk of tobacco sat there from the time we came in in the evening until the next morning. Perhaps the front desk person, (Showina?), could have swept that up, rather than sitting on the lobby sofa chatting on her cell phone?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hollywood, Florida, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Don't go to this "hotel" if you want to have a good time with your family!!
I spent Memorial weekend with my family and I am very dissapionted with this location.
Sunday and Monday morning NO BREAKFAST AT ALL!!!! Literally nothing on shelfs, no milk, no yogourts, no bread, no sausages, no scrambled eggs, just juice and coffee, when I asked the kitchen attendant if she can replenish the missing items her reply was "I am sorry Sr. we are out of food"!!!!! went to front desk and asked for a Manager on duty, the answer was "there's only me here, can I help you?" when I told the Lady about the situation she told me that "she knew" what was going on and there was nothing she could do! "Our owner left us without anything, If you want i can send somebody out to get you something!! Both days the same situation, I am very sorry about this employees , they have to be there to face all the issues and the "Owner" knowing that they will be sold out 2 MONTHS IN ADVANCE" (I know this because I called the hotel, talked to the GM/Owner and he told me in MARCH that I can only get 2 rooms because they will be sold out Memorial day weekend. I just don't understand why he didn't prevent all this situation, it was a very easy thing to prevent, JUST BUY THE FOOD ENOUGH FOR ALL YOUR PAYING GUESTS SR!!!!! Also you can use one more kitchen attendant to help when you know you will be sold out, one person is not enough to clean, replenish food and take care of all the requests that she/he might get
If you decide to go to this hotel be ready to take your kids to McDonals on 322 and Dixie... THATS WHAT I DID!!!!!!!.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear chelodriver,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Zelyn N.
Case Manager
IHGCare
alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful executive suite. Wish we were staying longer!! Clean, comfy. Lovely!!!

• Stayed May 2012
Cypress, Texas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We take several short trips with the kids. We typically stay in hotels that have small suites. (2 doubles/queens with foldout couch). That is the configuration this room had. The hotel itself is very new and very clean. The same goes for our room. The only issues we had was the foldout bead still had wadded up sheets from a previous guest. We did not discover this until about 10:30 p.m. We went the front desk and got a new set without any problems. The staff was friendly and professional. The breakfast was good and included hot items such as bacon, biscuits and sausage gravy, pancakes and some really good cinnamon rolls. The was also the standard cold fare such as rolls, bread, cereal, etc...

Although nothing fancy, they have a surprisingly nice pool and hot tub for this size hotel.

We stayed here after a day at the beach, which was only 10 -15 minutes away.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

My family and I visited the beach memorial day weekend. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Any place I needed directions to they had printed on handy index cards. The rooms were bright and happy with retro decore... Loved it. The breakfast of bacon and eggs was sereved by a pleasant woman, and they even had a pancake mechaine. Everyone was so nice. It made our weekend that much more awesome. We'll defenatly be back!

Room Tip: Great Staff, Great Rooms, Close to the Beach
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Kingston, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

I stayed here for 3 days in early March 2011. This hotel is literally located on Hotel Row, (at least 10 hotels all in a row). The front desk folks told me its less than a year old and it shows. Clean, saw it getting mopped every day, and decor that really does look like 70's colors with modern IKEA beech colored furniture. Unique features: 1) all MAC's in the business center 2) nice little market that lets you bill to the room snacks, toiletries, drinks, even frozen meals and ice cream quarts. 3) VERY close to Dow Chemical. 4) Great Front Desk staff, I had 2 packages sent to me, and they called the room immediately when each arrived. My room (127) had a fridge and microwave, and a big flat screen, colorful paint on the walls, great lighting and chairs. Breakfast was good, mostly (more in a bit). So now that we have established that you will love the place on first inspection... I discovered some things that were troublesome. 1) The cabinet door for the mini fridge, was made of pressboard, like IKEA products, and the screws were striped on the upper hinge when I arrived. 2) The bed left my lower back stiff every morning, something I have never noted at any other HIE. 3) TV selection was one of the worst I have seen in an HIE (little HD programming... the HIE I just left in Saraland, AL had 300 channels and at least 30 in HD) 4) with the current road construction, you have to leave the lot and go northbound, then turn around to head south toward Freeport and most of the work destinations travelers might have. Also on big thing, on my second morning I opened a milk pint to find it was rancid. I warned a man reaching for one the next morning, and his, and another guest's were also rancid. I pointed out that all were marked with expiration dates (for that very day), and the breakfast attendant immediately scooped them all up leaving only fresher pints. All that said, Its a fantastically lovely hotel and rooms, but I have doubts about staying there again, especially if all the mattresses are the same in each room and they have the same effect.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest? Share your experiences!