“Decent place for the money” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Clute Lake Jackson
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1126 South Hwy 332 West, Clute, TX 77531-5399   |
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Clute
Austin, Texas
“Decent place for the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Although La Quinta in Lake Jackson/Clute is not the Ritz, they don't charge Ritz rates. For $80 total, I got a clean room with a nice TV and comfortable bed. As with any hotel with rates below $100, you should always inspect your room upon arrival. If there's a problem, ask to see another room. The Staff at this hotel are very accommodating. All in all, I was pleased with my stay and would recommend this hotel with the caveat of room inspection.

Room Tip: You should always inspect your room upon arrival. If there's a problem, ask to see another room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dripping Springs, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Sketchy folks in the parking area every night, room was average and a lot of needed repairs to the property. Almost had a fire due to the cord on the clock radio had been chewed with exposed wires. Sparked several times and because it was so close to the bedding it was scary with strong smells of something burning. Called the front desk and maintenance came and grabbed the radio quickly, no apologies and brought back a new radio...we packed up quickly and left.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for the value.... For what we paid we couldn't beat it..... We had no major issues other than housekeeping. First thing, there was about a quarter inch of toilet paper on the roll so we had to ask for some as soon as we got there because housekeeping had not left any extra rolls. They could have done a little more when we asked for our room to be cleaned, which was 1 time for 4 nights.. You have to put cards on the bed showing you what the sheets changed, which they did not, nor did they change out towels. We don't expect our room cleaned every day, but when we did say we wanted it to be cleaned, all they did was vacuum, sweep bathroom and make the bed. Over all it was a great stay, just minutes from the beach, close to stores, etc.... It is much cheaper to stay in this area than in Galveston. We had a great vacation and will return soon!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Springtown, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We reserved 2 rooms for the weekend, we arrived late and checked into our rooms, they smelled like mold and cigarettes, the light in the bathroom didn't work, the room was not clean and the roaches just made it even worse.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Pearland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I reserved a non-smoking, downstairs room weeks in advance. I called several times to confirm that I needed a downstairs room for my invalid husband. I was assured that one would be reserved. On the day of arrival I went to the hotel at noon to get my room. I was told that I could not get into my room until ALL the rooms were cleaned..not before.
I told them we would not return until after 7:00PM and gave them my credit card to assure a room downstairs. We attended a reception and did not return until after 7:00PM. At that time we were told they only had a upstairs, smoking room left and (take it or find another place to go) We could not find another hotel vacancy at that late date, and my very tired, sick husband had to slowly and painfully walk up two fights of stairs and stay in a foul smelling cigarette, dirty room.
The bathroom light did not work, the clock did not work, and a roach crawled across the wall.
In the morning we saw teen agers running out of the many downstairs rooms. They had the energy to walk upstairs, my husband was left to fend for himself!

Room Tip: Get a hotel with an elevator
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I called this property directly and reserved a king, non smoking room for Saturday night. The front desk attendant took my credit cad info and we were set! We arrive Saturday night and u was told there were no king rooms available at all. I was offered a room with two double beds. If I had wanted two double beds I would have requested that in my initial phone reservation. After a room search at other hotels we were able to find a nice place to stay. I contacted LaQuinta and was transfered to a supervisor to express my dissatisfaction and to ask what they were going to do to continue to keep me as a rewards customer. The supervisor informed me that she was doing me a favor by not charging my CC. She also informed that they could have offered me a king SMOKING room. Really??!! I received an email customer satisfaction survey and I have already filled it out. This is no way to run a business!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to La Quinta Inn Clute Lake Jackson? Share your experiences!