“Roaches, Odor and broken lights” 1 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Clute Lake Jackson
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1126 South Hwy 332 West, Clute, TX 77531-5399   |
Ranked #6 of 9 hotels in Clute
Springtown, Texas
“Roaches, Odor and broken lights”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We reserved 2 rooms for the weekend, we arrived late and checked into our rooms, they smelled like mold and cigarettes, the light in the bathroom didn't work, the room was not clean and the roaches just made it even worse.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Pearland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I reserved a non-smoking, downstairs room weeks in advance. I called several times to confirm that I needed a downstairs room for my invalid husband. I was assured that one would be reserved. On the day of arrival I went to the hotel at noon to get my room. I was told that I could not get into my room until ALL the rooms were cleaned..not before.
I told them we would not return until after 7:00PM and gave them my credit card to assure a room downstairs. We attended a reception and did not return until after 7:00PM. At that time we were told they only had a upstairs, smoking room left and (take it or find another place to go) We could not find another hotel vacancy at that late date, and my very tired, sick husband had to slowly and painfully walk up two fights of stairs and stay in a foul smelling cigarette, dirty room.
The bathroom light did not work, the clock did not work, and a roach crawled across the wall.
In the morning we saw teen agers running out of the many downstairs rooms. They had the energy to walk upstairs, my husband was left to fend for himself!

Room Tip: Get a hotel with an elevator
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I called this property directly and reserved a king, non smoking room for Saturday night. The front desk attendant took my credit cad info and we were set! We arrive Saturday night and u was told there were no king rooms available at all. I was offered a room with two double beds. If I had wanted two double beds I would have requested that in my initial phone reservation. After a room search at other hotels we were able to find a nice place to stay. I contacted LaQuinta and was transfered to a supervisor to express my dissatisfaction and to ask what they were going to do to continue to keep me as a rewards customer. The supervisor informed me that she was doing me a favor by not charging my CC. She also informed that they could have offered me a king SMOKING room. Really??!! I received an email customer satisfaction survey and I have already filled it out. This is no way to run a business!

• Stayed June 2013
Kingwood, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because we planned on being at the beach all Memorial Day weekend. However, the beach wound up so crowded, law enforcement didn't allow anyone else to go. So, unfortunately, we were too late. So now we had the whole afternoon with nothing to do, in a town that offers nothing really except the beach if you are visiting strictly for beach purposes. We were only there about 1 1/2 hours. So we decided to see if the hotel would let us check out and get our money back. Proud to say, they let us check out free of charge. They didn't ask any questions and promptly checked us out. They were two very nice ladies. We really wanted to check out since the room was very dismal, dirty, and just severely worn out. It was bad! Ugh... Stained, chipped and worn furniture, dirty floors, just everything was just plain gross. They need to tear this place down and build a new one. I have noticed LaQuinta has been revamping and rebuilding their old hotels. This one needs to be on the top of the list.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Beaumont, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had reserved a room for a few people meeting up for an off shore fishing trip. One in our party showed up a few hours before us, so we called ahead to allow him to get in the room. It took a lot of bargaining with the attendant to allow the one person of our party in the room. (It was 6pm, passed check in time) Walking into the hotel, the lobby had a nice feel to it, started to think it might turn out to be a ok place. Walked up to our room, that had 2 Samsung Tv's, but no remotes. We left to go to dinner and questioned about the remotes, we were given an excuses, and she showed no initiative to find us a remote. (I'm sure there were vacant rooms she could of got them from) So we asked if she could please find us remotes upon leaving the hotel for dinner. We were gone for 2 hours, and getting back to the hotel, there was still no remotes. We needed some extra linens, so we asked the same women at the front desk, she immediately without thinking, said "no we don’t have any extra linens". Then she said, o well yeah I might have some sheets. The room wasn’t extremely clean, and utilizing the facilities downstairs in the lobby, it was dirty, and the floor was horrible. Place needs a good cleaning up.

Room Tip: Get a suite if you must stay.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Waddy, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The room could have been worse and it could have been better. We booked a king non-smoking. When we checked in we were told that a double non-smoking was the only non-smoking room left (with a bit of a take it or leave it attitude). Nothing was ever mentioned about the king we reserved. The only information given at check in was the location of the room. The desk clerk attempted to tell us about breakfast but after giving us two or three different start/end times he eventually gave up. The other clerk on duty offered zero assistance (even though he kept looking at her as if to say 'what is the right time' she just stared at him). If our room was non-smoking, I would hate to smell one of the smoking rooms. The rooms need to be updated or at the very least "deep cleaned". Overall the room was fine...we didn't see any bugs or signs of bugs. The TV, air conditioner and shower worked and the bed was comfortable. We stayed the two nights we had planned to stay and overall it wasn't a terrible experience - the room aired out, we got two good nights of sleep and once we no longer had to interact with the two people on duty when we checked in (and the next night when we tried to ask a question) it was fine.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn Clute Lake Jackson? Share your experiences!