My parents & I each booked a room for an overnight stay while traveling through Houston. We have family in the area, so chose this hotel for its location.
Check-in was easy, service was good & location was convenient. Like everything in Texas, the room was large. Upon initial check-in, our family (2 adults, 2 kids under 5) was given a room with a queen bed. I'm not sure why but changing rooms was no problem and done immediately.
Our second room was suitable, 2 double beds, but it was dirty. The things that bothered me most were the brown streak on the side of the mattress (looked a lot like poo) and the hairs all over the bathroom floor (looked a lot like pubic hair).
Other complaints were that everything was old and dated and showed heavy signs of wear. The bed was squeaky & uncomfortable. The hallways smelled of smoke, strongly. The people below us filed a noise complaint within an hour of us being there (the kids are noisy but it was 6 pm!). There was no amenities, no little shampoos or soaps, not even a styrofoam cup. And last, the continental breakfast was a joke. They had granola bars but it was so cheap there was only 1 per pack. There were also off-brand packaged muffins & packets of instant oatmeal.
We had used Hotwire to book & paid $60 (+$20 to upgrade to 2 doubles) and I still thought that was way too high for the quality.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stayamerica Houston-Johnson Space Hotel Clear Lake City
- Extended Stay Clear Lake City
- Clear Lake City Extended Stay
- Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center Clear Lake City, TX