“Pay a little extra and stay somewhere else...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center

You added Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1410 Nasa Rd 1, Clear Lake City, TX 77058   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clear Lake City
“Pay a little extra and stay somewhere else...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We went to the hotel because our son had a baseball tournament in the area. Got a really good deal on the room - hotel was rated 2 1/2 stars. We were only staying one night so thought for the price we would take a chance. Big mistake - the room smelled. The check in process was horrible. The floors were filthy and the hotel itself was just gross. Pay a little extra and stay somewhere else. I'm not a picky person this place is awful.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Tyler, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed at this branch for 2 days and boy was I ready to leave. We were first sent to room 224 and when we first opened the doors, we were greeted by an awful death smell. The manager then gave us a tour of other rooms available on the third floor that all smelled like smoke. YUCK!! Stay clear of the third floor. The room we got was ok but they will not clean your room and beware that you may run out of toliet paper and towels. Overall I would give it a ONE STAR! It had a bathroom, uncomfortable bed and free breakfast snacks but I would of paid an extra $25 for a better room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I am very sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations and that our housekeeping policy was not explained to you at check-in. I can assure you that I am working with the staff to eliminate all odors and enhance our cleaning services. As well, our front desk staff is going to do a better job of communicating how housekeeping works and what amenities we offer in our guests rooms at check-in.

The hotel staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at jsc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Great location. Very friendly and professional staff. We stayed for three nights for a long weekend and really felt relaxed and refreshed. Thanks to Olga and her staff for a wonderful weekend. We will return!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Steve - Thank you for your great review of our property . It's great to hear that you were pleased with our hotel's location, friendly staff, and location. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Tucson, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Ok we drove into Houston expecting no problem finding a hotel, however everything was booked!! We finally got a room here after a huge ordeal of booking over the phone, then the front desk refusing us a room, saying they were booked... anyway, we got into our room about 1:30am and it was disgusting... dirty towels in the bathroom, public hair on the toilet, stands in the toilet, used toilet paper, filthy countertops with water stains and more hair and the comforter had blood stains... dirty cup on the kitchenette counter and trash on the floor. I have pictures I will upload. We had to wake up early for a cruise and just slept fully clothed, not touching anything. We checked out early to head towards our final destination. Highly recommend you skip this one. Wow.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Julie - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding your recent stay at our property is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. I do appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you have any additional feedback, please contact me at jsc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
New Braunfels, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

It is literally right across the street from Nasa, within walking distance to restaurants, cvs, and Nasa landmarks. The breakfast includes the standard waffle iron cream cheese bagel setup. Limited seating if the area has a few people eating.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
texas, usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Overall poor- average stay. Rooms were clean. Bedding had a thin blanket. No linen sheet between blanket, and bed-sheet - Terrible.. Not sure if it was even washed. You get what you pay for. Coffee supplied in the room was terrible. Bring your own shampoo etc. Bar soap supplied. Dish washing soap ( small packet supplied). 2 spoons, 2 plates, etc supplied.

Elevators have terrible smell, so does the hall way. Breakfast was a joke. Were told at night when checked in that packed breakfast will be available in the morning. Had some fruits, granola bar, and muffins, and some coffee. But what can you expect for $ 65 a night.

Had a customer who had booked non-smoking rooms, but were not available at check-in. They had to drive to another location at 10 pm. They get overbooked from what I heard. MAKE SURE YOU CALL BEFORE YOU ARRIVE. If you have booked thru hot-wire or priceline ( per front desk) - hotel can not transfer you to another location if your booked room is not available. You have to call the third party you reserved thru.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your linens, amenities, or our grab-and-go breakfast. As well, I apologize that the elevator and hallways had an unpleasant smell during your visit. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure this issue does not continue in the future. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at JSC@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

This hotel is a great value for the money. I had read a ton of reviews that were very negative so I was somewhat concerned. It would seem that a lot of these folks were expecting a 5 star hotel for the price of a 2 star hotel. My room was very clean and quiet. The staff is very friendly - no they are not the same as those at a 5 star hotel - but it would be crazy to expect that. I would very much recommend this hotel as a great value and would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am thrilled that we were able to provide you with a clean, quiet stay at an affordable rate. It’s great to hear that you found our staff to be friendly during your visit with us. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so I am glad that we were able to meet this goal.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center

Address: 1410 Nasa Rd 1, Clear Lake City, TX 77058
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Clear Lake City
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clear Lake City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Houston-Johnson Space Hotel Clear Lake City
Extended Stay Clear Lake City
Clear Lake City Extended Stay
Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center Clear Lake City, TX

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.