Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clear Lake City
New Braunfels, Texas
“Christmas Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

It is literally right across the street from Nasa, within walking distance to restaurants, cvs, and Nasa landmarks. The breakfast includes the standard waffle iron cream cheese bagel setup. Limited seating if the area has a few people eating.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
texas, usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Overall poor- average stay. Rooms were clean. Bedding had a thin blanket. No linen sheet between blanket, and bed-sheet - Terrible.. Not sure if it was even washed. You get what you pay for. Coffee supplied in the room was terrible. Bring your own shampoo etc. Bar soap supplied. Dish washing soap ( small packet supplied). 2 spoons, 2 plates, etc supplied.

Elevators have terrible smell, so does the hall way. Breakfast was a joke. Were told at night when checked in that packed breakfast will be available in the morning. Had some fruits, granola bar, and muffins, and some coffee. But what can you expect for $ 65 a night.

Had a customer who had booked non-smoking rooms, but were not available at check-in. They had to drive to another location at 10 pm. They get overbooked from what I heard. MAKE SURE YOU CALL BEFORE YOU ARRIVE. If you have booked thru hot-wire or priceline ( per front desk) - hotel can not transfer you to another location if your booked room is not available. You have to call the third party you reserved thru.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your linens, amenities, or our grab-and-go breakfast. As well, I apologize that the elevator and hallways had an unpleasant smell during your visit. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure this issue does not continue in the future. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at JSC@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

This hotel is a great value for the money. I had read a ton of reviews that were very negative so I was somewhat concerned. It would seem that a lot of these folks were expecting a 5 star hotel for the price of a 2 star hotel. My room was very clean and quiet. The staff is very friendly - no they are not the same as those at a 5 star hotel - but it would be crazy to expect that. I would very much recommend this hotel as a great value and would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am thrilled that we were able to provide you with a clean, quiet stay at an affordable rate. It’s great to hear that you found our staff to be friendly during your visit with us. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so I am glad that we were able to meet this goal.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Stayed here for three nights while visiting the Space Center across the road. The room was clean on check-in. The bed sheets were clean and the mattress good quality. All appliances worked OK and were clean. Not the best place I have stayed in, but certainly worth the money and extremely convenient for the Space Center.
McDonalds across the road, Walgreens next door. Very convenient if you want to get a few things to cook in the room. Chinese and Italian restaurants a few minutes walk up the street.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our convenient location. As well, I am glad that you found your room and bed to be clean and comfortable. If you have any additional comments, please contact me, at JSC@extendedstay.com.

San Diego, California, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Have stayed here now several times and will not return. It needs a good cleaning, carpet and furniture have stains. I understand they only clean once a week but I was there for 9 days and asked for cleaning and it was never done.
Staff was friendly and the location for me was great, lots of restaurants and good walking after work.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation that you described regarding the cleanliness of your room is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I will meet with our housekeeping staff to ensure that these issues don’t occur in the future. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at jsc@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.
Lake Charles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I enjoyed my stay while working temporarily in the area, its been a good value for the price. The room and lobby are clean and if you have a pet, its pet friendly. I like that its close to Kemah and Galveston, NASA is across the street. There's a variety of restaurants and stores in walking distance or within a few miles driving distance. The rooms are large, I've stayed here before and its been a good choice. The queen size bed is comfortable. On the other hand, if you need to be in downtown Houston, the travel time will vary because I-45N can be congested during weekdays.

Room Tip: I've learned its better to stay on the top floor to avoid hearing people who like to run and jum...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Staying here for 3 nights (it's the evening of the 3rd night), booked it based on cost. If you want to cook in your room / have an extended stay then it's probably a good choice. On my first night they gave me a room that was already booked, so I walked in on some folks already there. Back to the front desk where they gave me another room, but until 2 in the morning all I could hear was someone's TV and the couple next door getting it on.... kudo's to you two!

Next night it sounded like some small kid running back and forth upstairs until midnight, and at 1:30 in the morning the guy next door (I'm assuming a guy) snoring so loudly even my earplugs couldn't block out the sound. Had to wear my noise cancelling headset from the plane.... Can't wait to hear what it will be tonight! Bottom line is there is no soundproofing and the walls are pretty thin.
As mentioned, no extra facilities for breakfast/gym/pool/business, although there are some fast food places within walking distance. You can get a coffee and packaged muffin/bar in the morning at the front desk, but nowhere to eat it except your room. If you're doing any business downtown it is a very long drive due to traffic at rush hour.

Happy travels.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center

Address: 1410 Nasa Rd 1, Clear Lake City, TX 77058
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Clear Lake City
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clear Lake City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Extended Stay, Odigeo, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Houston-Johnson Space Hotel Clear Lake City
Extended Stay Clear Lake City
Clear Lake City Extended Stay
Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center Clear Lake City, TX

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.