“Couple of Nights - Very Satisfied” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1410 Nasa Rd 1, Clear Lake City, TX 77058   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Clear Lake City
Melbourne, Australia
“Couple of Nights - Very Satisfied”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Stayed here for three nights while visiting the Space Center across the road. The room was clean on check-in. The bed sheets were clean and the mattress good quality. All appliances worked OK and were clean. Not the best place I have stayed in, but certainly worth the money and extremely convenient for the Space Center.
McDonalds across the road, Walgreens next door. Very convenient if you want to get a few things to cook in the room. Chinese and Italian restaurants a few minutes walk up the street.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our convenient location. As well, I am glad that you found your room and bed to be clean and comfortable. If you have any additional comments, please contact me, at JSC@extendedstay.com.

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Diego, California, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Have stayed here now several times and will not return. It needs a good cleaning, carpet and furniture have stains. I understand they only clean once a week but I was there for 9 days and asked for cleaning and it was never done.
Staff was friendly and the location for me was great, lots of restaurants and good walking after work.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation that you described regarding the cleanliness of your room is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I will meet with our housekeeping staff to ensure that these issues don’t occur in the future. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at jsc@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.
Lake Charles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I enjoyed my stay while working temporarily in the area, its been a good value for the price. The room and lobby are clean and if you have a pet, its pet friendly. I like that its close to Kemah and Galveston, NASA is across the street. There's a variety of restaurants and stores in walking distance or within a few miles driving distance. The rooms are large, I've stayed here before and its been a good choice. The queen size bed is comfortable. On the other hand, if you need to be in downtown Houston, the travel time will vary because I-45N can be congested during weekdays.

Room Tip: I've learned its better to stay on the top floor to avoid hearing people who like to run and jum...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Staying here for 3 nights (it's the evening of the 3rd night), booked it based on cost. If you want to cook in your room / have an extended stay then it's probably a good choice. On my first night they gave me a room that was already booked, so I walked in on some folks already there. Back to the front desk where they gave me another room, but until 2 in the morning all I could hear was someone's TV and the couple next door getting it on.... kudo's to you two!

Next night it sounded like some small kid running back and forth upstairs until midnight, and at 1:30 in the morning the guy next door (I'm assuming a guy) snoring so loudly even my earplugs couldn't block out the sound. Had to wear my noise cancelling headset from the plane.... Can't wait to hear what it will be tonight! Bottom line is there is no soundproofing and the walls are pretty thin.
As mentioned, no extra facilities for breakfast/gym/pool/business, although there are some fast food places within walking distance. You can get a coffee and packaged muffin/bar in the morning at the front desk, but nowhere to eat it except your room. If you're doing any business downtown it is a very long drive due to traffic at rush hour.

Happy travels.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Overall it served its purpose. Needed something cheat for 1 night. Good location and close to major highway with lots of places to eat nearby.

Staff was very friendly

Bed/room. Hard queen size bed, rough sheets in a large room with full frig, microwave, cookware and small cooktop. Everything waa very basic..

Carpet was stained and needed to be replaced like everything else in room.

Small insects in bathroom and sticky floor. Dont expect soft towels. They feel like brillo pads.

Adequate parking but could use more lighting outside.

Free internet and coffee in room.had hbo channel and 32 in tv.

AC was nice and cool.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the housekeeping service issues you mentioned. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will be coaching our staff to provide a better service to make sure your experience is not repeated. As well, I apologize for not having enough light on the hotel parking lot and rough linens. We will work to better both of these items as we continue to improve our offerings.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We will definitely address the pest issue also. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at jsc@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Reasonable rates if you are in the area to tour NASA. No pool. Breakfast was a packaged breakfast bar and there was no coffee. None. She said they were having trouble with the hot water?? Went to Starbucks next door. Room was clean. In room wifi worked great. Lots of restaurants nearby. Kemah attractions a close drive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I am so disappointed that we had no coffee during the breakfast hours. Please accept my apology. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, I will provide my team with training on stocking and replenishing coffee bar. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at jsc@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Room was clean and very accommodating. It had a full size refrigerator and a kitchenette. It's located right across from NASA's Johnson Space Center and only 30 minutes away from Galveston.

Kitchenette had cooking utensils and flatware in the cupboard. Front desk staff were very friendly. Free breakfast was okay. Overall we loved the location of the hotel. We went to Galveston on our first day and went to the Johnson Space Center across the street on our 2nd day.

Overall it was a very good value for family.

Room Tip: Please call hotel before you arrive for a non-smoking room and if you'd need extra bed because 3...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff. I am glad that hotel amenities was sufficient for your stay. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at JSC@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center

Address: 1410 Nasa Rd 1, Clear Lake City, TX 77058
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Clear Lake City
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Clear Lake City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Extended Stay, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Houston-Johnson Space Hotel Clear Lake City
Extended Stay Clear Lake City
Clear Lake City Extended Stay
Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center Clear Lake City, TX

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.