“No pool no coffee” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1410 Nasa Rd 1, Clear Lake City, TX 77058   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clear Lake City
“No pool no coffee”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Reasonable rates if you are in the area to tour NASA. No pool. Breakfast was a packaged breakfast bar and there was no coffee. None. She said they were having trouble with the hot water?? Went to Starbucks next door. Room was clean. In room wifi worked great. Lots of restaurants nearby. Kemah attractions a close drive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I am so disappointed that we had no coffee during the breakfast hours. Please accept my apology. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, I will provide my team with training on stocking and replenishing coffee bar. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at jsc@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Room was clean and very accommodating. It had a full size refrigerator and a kitchenette. It's located right across from NASA's Johnson Space Center and only 30 minutes away from Galveston.

Kitchenette had cooking utensils and flatware in the cupboard. Front desk staff were very friendly. Free breakfast was okay. Overall we loved the location of the hotel. We went to Galveston on our first day and went to the Johnson Space Center across the street on our 2nd day.

Overall it was a very good value for family.

Room Tip: Please call hotel before you arrive for a non-smoking room and if you'd need extra bed because 3...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff. I am glad that hotel amenities was sufficient for your stay. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at JSC@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Dirty, Dirty Dirty and did I mention DIRTY?????? Smelled horrible, Breakfast... HA! A fold away table in the lobby with cold coffee and packaged stale Danishes. Just don't read further. Don't stay here. And DONT LOOK FOR THE POOL.... You will be diving in the parking lot!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay with us was unpleasant . To prevent this from happening again, my team has taken a refreshers course on our cleanliness policy. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please feel free to contact me directly, at JSC@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
sc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We picked this hotel in order to be close to the Johnson Space Center (just across the street!). It was reasonably clean and priced. Starbucks and a pretty good Vietnamese restaurant are within walking distance. I had to drive to a different ES to work out, however, as one reviewer mentioned.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Livermore, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Well, I'll be brief, this hotel should be avoided. The website is misleading there is no pool or fitness room at this location. The washers and dryers are old with no costs posted ($2 per load and they're not clean machines). The rooms are gross. Between food, snot, and brown dried liquid on some walls, dirty counters, unmaintained bathrooms (ie cracked toilets), broken furniture, missing lights, dirty freezer/fridge, floors, and the worst is stained linens on the bed with blood spots on the comforter. And no, this isn't one room, it's about 6 rooms over a 3 hour period. Obvious that the cleaning staff don't care abut maintaining the rooms.

The desk staff were very nice and helpful though, so no complaints there. Just overall the expectation for the price you pay isn't there. It's is not a typical Extended Stay America so if you go, just make sure you get a great rate and don't have any expectations of a similar experience to other stays you had.

Room Tip: Don't book a room at this hotel if you expect it to be clean or stocked with kitchen ware. You...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Ian - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We appreciate the kind comments about how friendly and helpful our staff was during your stay; however, I apologize that we did not fully meet your expectations. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have investigated the details of your concerns and have taken action in order to correct them to ensure your experience is not repeated.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at jsc@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Was frustrated right out as they charged me extra for a room with two beds after originally just booking one. I travel regularly buying on Priceline & Hotwire & have never been charged for that request. So likely will not stay here again though I do like the location. The service was not overly friendly but was professional enough. Considering the low price I paid however it was a nice building, clean room with a small kitchenette. The property seemed to be very well maintained. The breakfast was very sparse. However when considering the low price & nice facility its not a bad choice. I would rate lower if I had to pay much more. But it is a nice, safe, clean motel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your positive comments regarding the hotel and its location. Still, I am sorry that the 3rd party booking fee was not communicated to you properly. I will work with our staff and vendors to ensure this message is conveyed at the time of booking and again at check-in moving forward.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My best friend is here in Houston on business. She got here in February and is still staying at this Extended Stay America across from Nasa. I have visited her there on weekends and have not been dissapointed in any way at all. The staff is nice, the place is clean, quick breakfast is fine. Security is not a problem and neither is parking. I will be telling my friends about this place and stay in one when traveling. We have never had a problem yet and I want to thank the Manager for running such a great place to stay for Months at a time. I rate A+ in every way.

Marilyn

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Marilyn - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the amenities and friendliness of the hotel staff.

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center

Address: 1410 Nasa Rd 1, Clear Lake City, TX 77058
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Clear Lake City
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clear Lake City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Extended Stay, Odigeo, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Houston-Johnson Space Hotel Clear Lake City
Extended Stay Clear Lake City
Clear Lake City Extended Stay
Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center Clear Lake City, TX

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.