“AWFUL. AWFUL AWFUL” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center

You added Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clear Lake City
Houston, Texas
“AWFUL. AWFUL AWFUL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Dirty, Dirty Dirty and did I mention DIRTY?????? Smelled horrible, Breakfast... HA! A fold away table in the lobby with cold coffee and packaged stale Danishes. Just don't read further. Don't stay here. And DONT LOOK FOR THE POOL.... You will be diving in the parking lot!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay with us was unpleasant . To prevent this from happening again, my team has taken a refreshers course on our cleanliness policy. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please feel free to contact me directly, at JSC@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
sc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We picked this hotel in order to be close to the Johnson Space Center (just across the street!). It was reasonably clean and priced. Starbucks and a pretty good Vietnamese restaurant are within walking distance. I had to drive to a different ES to work out, however, as one reviewer mentioned.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Livermore, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Well, I'll be brief, this hotel should be avoided. The website is misleading there is no pool or fitness room at this location. The washers and dryers are old with no costs posted ($2 per load and they're not clean machines). The rooms are gross. Between food, snot, and brown dried liquid on some walls, dirty counters, unmaintained bathrooms (ie cracked toilets), broken furniture, missing lights, dirty freezer/fridge, floors, and the worst is stained linens on the bed with blood spots on the comforter. And no, this isn't one room, it's about 6 rooms over a 3 hour period. Obvious that the cleaning staff don't care abut maintaining the rooms.

The desk staff were very nice and helpful though, so no complaints there. Just overall the expectation for the price you pay isn't there. It's is not a typical Extended Stay America so if you go, just make sure you get a great rate and don't have any expectations of a similar experience to other stays you had.

Room Tip: Don't book a room at this hotel if you expect it to be clean or stocked with kitchen ware. You...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Ian - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We appreciate the kind comments about how friendly and helpful our staff was during your stay; however, I apologize that we did not fully meet your expectations. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have investigated the details of your concerns and have taken action in order to correct them to ensure your experience is not repeated.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at jsc@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Was frustrated right out as they charged me extra for a room with two beds after originally just booking one. I travel regularly buying on Priceline & Hotwire & have never been charged for that request. So likely will not stay here again though I do like the location. The service was not overly friendly but was professional enough. Considering the low price I paid however it was a nice building, clean room with a small kitchenette. The property seemed to be very well maintained. The breakfast was very sparse. However when considering the low price & nice facility its not a bad choice. I would rate lower if I had to pay much more. But it is a nice, safe, clean motel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your positive comments regarding the hotel and its location. Still, I am sorry that the 3rd party booking fee was not communicated to you properly. I will work with our staff and vendors to ensure this message is conveyed at the time of booking and again at check-in moving forward.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My best friend is here in Houston on business. She got here in February and is still staying at this Extended Stay America across from Nasa. I have visited her there on weekends and have not been dissapointed in any way at all. The staff is nice, the place is clean, quick breakfast is fine. Security is not a problem and neither is parking. I will be telling my friends about this place and stay in one when traveling. We have never had a problem yet and I want to thank the Manager for running such a great place to stay for Months at a time. I rate A+ in every way.

Marilyn

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Marilyn - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the amenities and friendliness of the hotel staff.

Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I saw the reviews and was a little concerned but it turned out this hotel was actually quite good. In fact, I would rate it excellent among budget hotel stays. Clean sheets and mattresses. Rooms were clean as were common areas. Front desk was very nice and pleasant. Right across from NASA if you're wanting to visit. Luby's right next door too. And felt very safe. I stayed on the first floor. I booked another stay for next week because it was good price.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments about all that you observed and made mention of in regards to our property, including being so close to NASA, the establishment (Luby's) next door, and how clean our property was.

Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay next week.
Willis, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

-Great hotel. friendly staff. Clean rooms and carpet. Stayed here probably 36 times, each stay being 1-2 nights over a 6 month period (Oct 2012- April 2013). Excellent Service and quality for a 2 star hotel.
-1st floor is the only floor where the rooms don't smell like cigarette. If you get a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor they don't smell like cigarette until after 7pm (if you leave the bathroom door open). If you plan on going out for dinner be sure to shut the bathroom before you leave or your room will smell like cigarette throughout the night. Third floor hallways usually smell like cigarettes. Fire alarm never went off while I was there.
-Pets are allowed in the hotel. I never heard a noise from them nor did I smell them. (I am NOT a pet/animal lover) I never saw an insect or bug inside the hotel either.
-Excellent internet connection, terribly slow when raining or windy only, but still always works. They offer connection options, but I only used the free one.
-Breakfast is a grab and go (muffins, oatmeal, whole fruits, granola bars, and coffee/hot water/tea bags/hot chocolate powder). There are no juices so bring your own.
-A/C and heater worked well in all the rooms I stayed in.
-There is a full size fridge/freezer, microwave, and 4-burner stove 1 pan, 1 pot, and dishes/utensils for two. Everything clean and working in my experiences there.
-They allow 30 min -1 hour late check out free if you ask them in advance. Make sure they make note of it in your status or the morning desk worker may charge you a late check out fee.
-Location is great. Space Center across the street and plenty of restaurants nearby (Never visited any except the McDonalds across the street. There is a Starbucks in the business center in front the hotel (never been to it, but to always appear busy).
-Bid for it on Priceline - Best priced 2-star hotel one could ever get. < or = $30/night excluding Priceline's fees and taxes. Bidding on Priceline does not guarantee you will get this hotel, but I always got it when I bid for 2 star hotels in Webster, TX. You are only guaranteed 1 bed that sleeps 2 people if you bid on Priceline. I think the hotel charges $15-25/night for a 2 bed up-grade, but if you are lucky they may not have any vacant single bed, so they may upgrade you free to a 2 bed. If you are booking for a family and a group it my be best if you book through Extended Stay's website.Their rooms are usually $59-99 on the Extended Stay website and you get to choose how many beds and if you want a regular room or a suite. They offer discounts the longer you stay and other specials on the Extended Stay website. Either way you choose to purchased you get a great price at a great hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Gloria - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that your stay was satisfactory. We are grateful for your constructive feedback regarding the aroma of smoke in hallways and bathroom ventilation, and we will make every effort in correcting this problem. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with outstanding customer service.

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center

Address: 1410 Nasa Rd 1, Clear Lake City, TX 77058
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Clear Lake City
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clear Lake City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Houston-Johnson Space Hotel Clear Lake City
Extended Stay Clear Lake City
Clear Lake City Extended Stay
Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center Clear Lake City, TX

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.