“This really is a good place to stay..Great staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center

You added Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1410 Nasa Rd 1, Clear Lake City, TX 77058   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clear Lake City
Houston, Texas
“This really is a good place to stay..Great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My best friend is here in Houston on business. She got here in February and is still staying at this Extended Stay America across from Nasa. I have visited her there on weekends and have not been dissapointed in any way at all. The staff is nice, the place is clean, quick breakfast is fine. Security is not a problem and neither is parking. I will be telling my friends about this place and stay in one when traveling. We have never had a problem yet and I want to thank the Manager for running such a great place to stay for Months at a time. I rate A+ in every way.

Marilyn

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Marilyn - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the amenities and friendliness of the hotel staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I saw the reviews and was a little concerned but it turned out this hotel was actually quite good. In fact, I would rate it excellent among budget hotel stays. Clean sheets and mattresses. Rooms were clean as were common areas. Front desk was very nice and pleasant. Right across from NASA if you're wanting to visit. Luby's right next door too. And felt very safe. I stayed on the first floor. I booked another stay for next week because it was good price.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments about all that you observed and made mention of in regards to our property, including being so close to NASA, the establishment (Luby's) next door, and how clean our property was.

Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay next week.
Willis, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

-Great hotel. friendly staff. Clean rooms and carpet. Stayed here probably 36 times, each stay being 1-2 nights over a 6 month period (Oct 2012- April 2013). Excellent Service and quality for a 2 star hotel.
-1st floor is the only floor where the rooms don't smell like cigarette. If you get a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor they don't smell like cigarette until after 7pm (if you leave the bathroom door open). If you plan on going out for dinner be sure to shut the bathroom before you leave or your room will smell like cigarette throughout the night. Third floor hallways usually smell like cigarettes. Fire alarm never went off while I was there.
-Pets are allowed in the hotel. I never heard a noise from them nor did I smell them. (I am NOT a pet/animal lover) I never saw an insect or bug inside the hotel either.
-Excellent internet connection, terribly slow when raining or windy only, but still always works. They offer connection options, but I only used the free one.
-Breakfast is a grab and go (muffins, oatmeal, whole fruits, granola bars, and coffee/hot water/tea bags/hot chocolate powder). There are no juices so bring your own.
-A/C and heater worked well in all the rooms I stayed in.
-There is a full size fridge/freezer, microwave, and 4-burner stove 1 pan, 1 pot, and dishes/utensils for two. Everything clean and working in my experiences there.
-They allow 30 min -1 hour late check out free if you ask them in advance. Make sure they make note of it in your status or the morning desk worker may charge you a late check out fee.
-Location is great. Space Center across the street and plenty of restaurants nearby (Never visited any except the McDonalds across the street. There is a Starbucks in the business center in front the hotel (never been to it, but to always appear busy).
-Bid for it on Priceline - Best priced 2-star hotel one could ever get. < or = $30/night excluding Priceline's fees and taxes. Bidding on Priceline does not guarantee you will get this hotel, but I always got it when I bid for 2 star hotels in Webster, TX. You are only guaranteed 1 bed that sleeps 2 people if you bid on Priceline. I think the hotel charges $15-25/night for a 2 bed up-grade, but if you are lucky they may not have any vacant single bed, so they may upgrade you free to a 2 bed. If you are booking for a family and a group it my be best if you book through Extended Stay's website.Their rooms are usually $59-99 on the Extended Stay website and you get to choose how many beds and if you want a regular room or a suite. They offer discounts the longer you stay and other specials on the Extended Stay website. Either way you choose to purchased you get a great price at a great hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Gloria - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that your stay was satisfactory. We are grateful for your constructive feedback regarding the aroma of smoke in hallways and bathroom ventilation, and we will make every effort in correcting this problem. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with outstanding customer service.

Gatesville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

This location is great. Right in front of NASA Houston Space center and walking distance to shops and restaurants. Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms are a little small but have nice kitchen and full size refrigerator. Free wireless Internet access.Flat screen tv's good cable. I would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed April 2013
Evelyn- I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the location of the hotel and the many amenities offered. Our entire staff appreciates the positive comments mentioned and we will strive to continue this trend.

sanantonio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

If you want bad service and a very bad manager, then yes you and your family shoold stay here! I never recieved a phone call about my check out i've been staying for over 2 weeks and for checking out 2 hrs late they want to charge me $30 late fee!! Wow little do they know that this will cost them more then that!! I will make every bad posting of them..Not only is it small, no breakfast, stinks, bad service, don't clean rooms evryday, trash trash trash all over, they need customer service training!! I can asure you if you read this you will agree!!

Room Tip: dont stay here!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Chrisg,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I bid for this hotel on Priceline and got it for $32. Stayed one night while we visited NASA. This hotel is exactly right across the street from NASA. Check in was unremarkable. Was able to park where I could see my car. Had a second floor room that smelled like smoke but otherwise it was good, clean, large room with a kitchen and large bathroom. I did use the laundry room and it was clean. In the morning they had grab and go breakfast but I went next door to Starbuck's instead. The hotel wasn't busy at all, but I can see how it might get busy due to its location. If I were bringing a group to NASA I'd stay here. Overall it fit my requirements extremely well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Alvec,

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Washington, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The room was decent, the 3rd floor hallway smelled of cigarette smoke, but it did not seem to carry into the room. the room was clean and even though I didn't use it, the addition of the cooking facilities is nice.

The only complaint's I really have is the A/C didn't really work all that well, and the pillows on the bed were horrible. It was a really good location, right across the street from the Space Center and a short drive to Kemah which was the biggest reason for this stop on my trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Fred4405,
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

In response to your comments about the air conditioning unit, we have inspected all in-room air conditioners and made any necessary repairs to ensure that we don't have a repeat of your particular incident in the future. I can assure you that we will continue to maintain strict quality control measures, and would like to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center

Address: 1410 Nasa Rd 1, Clear Lake City, TX 77058
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Clear Lake City
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clear Lake City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Houston-Johnson Space Hotel Clear Lake City
Extended Stay Clear Lake City
Clear Lake City Extended Stay
Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center Clear Lake City, TX

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.