“Great for overnight stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Childress

You added Quality Inn Childress to your Saves list
Quality Inn Childress
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2008 Avenue F NW, Childress, TX 79201 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Childress
“Great for overnight stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011 via mobile

Driving through TX and in need of sleep I was pleasantly suprised at the wonderful accomodations at this establishment. Very enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2011
Rajesh T, Manager at Quality Inn Childress, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Thankyou for your comments. My Team here at the Quality Inn in Childress extend our gratitude for your sincere comments. We look forward to serving you ,your friends and your family when ever you pass by through Childress.We take pride in serving our guests and are always ready to take care of your smallest need.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Troup, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed here on our return trip from Denver to East Texas. It was well over 100 degrees outside, but the room was cool and very clean. The staff was helpful and friendly. The beds were comfortable. The bath's water pressure was outstanding in the jetted tub/shower combination. Breakfast was good with eggs, cereal, sasuage, cereals, etc. Didn't use the pool, but it looked clean and good sized. This is not an fancy motel, but it is nice and reasonably priced for an overnight stay. There is a refrigerator and microwave in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway for a quieter experience
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

After checking a room at the American Inn, finding hair and a noisy hissing water pipe complete with drip, we opted to stop being cheap and made our way to Quality. Marcus greeted us promptly and was very professional and helpful. Check-in was a breeze, and the room was clean, spacious and smells of new carpet! Yeah coffee and hot chocolate on arrival was great because it was cold on this late night in November. I would recommend staying here. The staff and the attention to detail means a lot to us, even if you are only staying the night. You can't put a price on feeling welcome, safe and clean!

• Stayed November 2010
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

I travel alot and stay at a variety of hotels around the country. I had to stay in Childress and this hotel seemed to be the nicest. Rooms were ok, but could use some attention. The customer service that I recieved on the other hand was the worst ive experienced. The girl Jaquiline that works at the front desk will treat you like a little kid and will not let you get a word in. If I ever stay in that town again I will not stay at this hotel if she is still working there. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed July 2010
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

For 70.00 (AAA rate) this was an excellend hotel. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. The free breakfast included eggs, biscuits, gravy and sausage. Air conditioning worked well. The only con is that the ice machine ran out of ice. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Santa Fe, NM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2008

I stayed here on 6/26/08 and the room was fine. I drive this route very frequently to visit my daughter and grandson in Granbury, TX. Childress is my stopping point and divides my trip in half. The Quality Inn is the nicest of all motels in Childress, but the selection is limited. (Population 6,000) I've noted that it is becoming more run down since it changed hands. Every motel in this town is noisy because they are all on the same road. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. If you want a better selection of hotels, stay in Amarillo. I suggest the Drury Inn there........K-Bob's is about the only place to eat unless you want fast food. Avoid the hamburger's!

• Liked — clean, comfortable bed
  • Disliked — it's showing wear and tear and needs some updating
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

Unfortunately, we thought we were booking a Holiday Inn Express. Seems like Quality Inn conveniently changed all the information except the fact that they are NO LONGER a Holiday Inn Express. Just google up Holiday Inn Express - Childress, TX and you will see the false advertising.

This was the worst place we have ever stayed. The place is SO noisey, that the room is full of ear plugs and they are also offered them up at the check-in desk. That should have been my first clue.

If we had not checked in so late, I would have gotten out immediately.

Our "first" room had an 18-wheeler parked right beside it with the motor running because the driver was sleeping (he was the only one sleeping that night). The entire room was shaking and it was unbearably loud. We had to get out of bed and go to the desk for a different room. We were warned that all the rooms were noisey. That is because this motel literally sits right beside an Interstate Highway (parking lot is in the back - cars need their rest). The 18-wheelers are zipping by all day and all night. You cannot imagine the noise. I know now why it is on longer a Holiday Inn Express.

And they charge the going rate of motels where you can actually get some sleep.

I talked to the manager in the morning and she could not care less. It was like standard operating procedure.

I plan to write Holiday Inn Express and AAA. This place only deserves the worst of rating.

Warning: DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!

• Disliked — Beyond noisey - sits right on Interstate Highway - You will get NO rest.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Quality Inn Childress? Share your experiences!