“Great stay at Wakefield Farms!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wakefield Farms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chappell Hill
Wakefield Farms
Save Saved
You added Wakefield Farms to your Saves list
601 Pulawski School Lane, P.O. Box 533, Chappell Hill, TX 77426   |
Coppell, Texas
“Great stay at Wakefield Farms!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We had a wonderful stay recently at Wakefield Farms. The host and hostess were wonderful and showed us all around their property. We LOVED the miniature horses that free roam around and love to be pet. The Greek Revival was perfect. The decor was fantastic and the attention to every detail was wonderful. We are only sad that we were not able to stay longer and look forward to returning again soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Wakefield Farms is the best place to enjoy the countryside - charming and very good taste. The location is ideal for a weekend away from the city, but still not far (it is only 1 hour drive) from Houston down town. The Inn Keeper is very professional and detailed. Everytime I could - I will come back to this place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a post Valentine’s Day getaway and decided to spend part of our weekend out at Wakefield Farms. The property is everything you’d expect it to be and our stay was wonderful. We were in the Greek Revival Private Farmhouse for two. Every detail, from large to small is taken care of, I do not know how you could make the experience any nicer.
The best part of the stay was meeting the owner Susan. Super friendly, a wealth of information and just fun to visit with. Take some time, go stay. You’ll be glad you did.
Paul & Tina S

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed in the charming salt box cottage for the weekend, it was so charming and luxurious!! The bed linens were top rated, the coffee was set to be ready at 7:30 a.m. and it was great waking up to the smell of coffee brewing. The bath was also luxurious, with the organic soaps and oils for the spa, what a treat!!
We were in our own little world and loved the quiet setting and the farm atmosphere! Loved looking at the sheep and donkeys in the pasture, it gave a very serene setting for the B&B. Couldn't hear the other guest in their cottage so we felt like we were the only ones there. The innkeepers gave us wonderful directions for places to eat, shop and see. They were very helpful and courteous. We will definitely return!

Room Tip: The beds were very comfortable!! When my husband likes a bed, it is because he gets a good night...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SWEENY, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I recently stayed in the Private Farmhouse with 4 other girls and we fell in love with the farmhouse and the entire farm. Everything is so beautiful and I felt like I was living in a Pinterest board for farmhouse chic. Also, Carol was warm and very welcoming and I was greeted very gingerly every time I called her for information or for service. We even called on her for a restaraunt recommendation and she obliged and gave us a tip on what to order. We arrived after nightfall, so we didn't see much of the property until the next morning and, while I brushed my teeth, I was greeted with 3 miniature horses and sheep grazing outside the bathroom window! I love the farm and I can't wait to return on my next mini vacation.

Room Tip: Some of the bathrooms do not have showers. We rented the entire Private Farmhouse, so we were equip...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We recently stayed at Wakefield Farm's Greek Revival Farm House for the weekend and really enjoyed ourselves. The rooms were clean, well kept and tastefully appointed. We stayed in the Master Suite bedroom but had the entire house to ourselves which was really nice. The room had everything we could have needed: a mini fridge, microwave, an iron and ironing board, an armoire to hang our clothes, a flat screen TV, chairs and tables and even a daybed, in addition to the antique queen-sized canopy bed. I did find the bed to be a bit on the firm side, but that may just be an issue of personal preference. The bathroom, while a bit small, was perfectly sufficient and had a shower + jacuzzi tub. We also had access to a parlor across the hall from our room that featured another TV and a plush couch to relax on. There is also a beautiful pool, visible in the pictures, that's just beyond the front steps of the house. We didn't have a chance, unfortunately, to take advantage of it.

Breakfast is not served on-property. There's a token provided for a free Country Breakfast at the Chappell Hill Cafe, which as about a 15 minute drive. We found the food at the cafe to be ok, nothing special, with the exception of the biscuits, which were very good. The staff there was nice and attentive.

Susan, the owner of Wakefield Farms, was extremely gracious and helpful with all that I threw her way. In fact she went out of her way, making calls to arrange for us to go horseback riding and later making reservations for us for Saturday night dinner in Brenham. She also arranged for a masseuse to visit the property for my girlfriend to have a massage and helped us find our way when our car's navigation became somewhat untrustworthy and we needed directions to the horseback riding. The beautiful accommodations at Wakefield Farms, plus Susan's constant efforts to make sure we were well taken care of, really made for a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cypress, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I decided on a trip to Brenham's wineries for a quick and relatively inexpensive getaway and I thought from the website that Wakefield Farms seemed like a great place to go. My experiences with the owner over email were pleasant. When we got there, we did enjoy the grounds. Its pretty much off the beaten path and hard to find. Although the grounds are nice, the cottage was OK and in need of some updating. They have a huge whirlpool tub but no shower, so keep in mind if you are staying there you would have to make do with baths. Also, there was a faint musty smell to everything, including the sheets. We wanted to make the best of our time, so when we arrived we decided to go for an early dinner. While we were gone, it appeared that one of the owners went in our cottage. To do what, I dont know but that instantly made me feel uncomfortable about staying there. Since it wasn't to bring clean towels or change the sheets, what could they have been doing? I just had a bad feeling after that and it was hard to shake. The grounds at night are quiet. Lots of bugs since you are out in the country, so beware of that. The few times we did speak with the owner while we were on property, she didn't seem very warm and talked with us very condescending. I even waved to a grounds keeper or owner while he was mowing the lawn and just got a blank stare back. Overall, would I stay there again? Definitely not. I found the warmth and charm was not there, and felt very uncomfortable after I learned they were in our cottage while we were gone. I'd advise to save your money and stay at the Inn at Dos Brios or even in town at the La Quinta Inn.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
gretafred, Owner at Wakefield Farms, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
We appreciate reviews from our guests as they help us improve our product and services. Since we advertise privacy as our specialty, we also leave a hand written note in each accommodation for our guests upon arrival. The note requests they call us when out should they like to have their room made up. If our guests call, we go into the accommodation to service the unit. If our guests are out for the evening and nightfall is upon us, we go inside the accommodation to turn on an interior light and the porch light for safety. We do not go into the accommodations outside of these two reasons since it is too labor intensive. We advertise on our rooms page of our website and on the compare page on our website the amenities in each accommodation so, should a guest prefer a standard shower, they may select that accommodation. We have jacuzzi tubs in all our accommodations with hand held showers for a relaxing, spa atmosphere. We do several things to make sure our dwellings are fresh. All have been sealed with kilz when painted to assist in a clean, fresh environment. We have central heating and air conditioning with filters changed monthly to insure air quality. We disinfect our surfaces, floors and linens for cleanliness in addition to freshness. Finally, we turn our rooms as close to the arrival of our guests as possible to insure a fresh room. Our linens from the mattress pad to the quilts and duvets are laundered for every turn. Had our guest informed us that our linens didn't seem fresh, we would have been happy to change them. We want our guests to be happy and comfortable and work very hard to do our part.

Been to Wakefield Farms? Share your experiences!