“Great Local Eatery with a Patio” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Austin, Texas
“Great Local Eatery with a Patio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I think I have found my new favorite local eatery...and only 3 miles from home. "Why?" you ask.

1. LOCAL. Gotta love a locally owned business that does it right.

2. USES LOCAL produce from local farms. It even grows its own basil, parsely, mint, etc.

3. GREAT SERVICE. We were greeted and seated by a friendly hostess. Our server BENITO was funny, helpful, and worked his tail off to make sure we had a great experience.

4. ICY COLD BEVERAGES. I had a Citrus Mango Mojito and a Dos XX. The hubs has a DOS XX, too. What a lovely way to end an afternoon, drinking cold beverages on a cozy patio nestled under the oak trees. Not to mention being serenaded by local talent. Truly an enjoyable experience.

5. AMAZING FOOD. I had the grilled rainbow trout with mashed potatoes and fresh green beans and carrots, along with a mixed green salad topped with a delightfully light dressing.
Hubs had a chicken fried rib eye with the same sides (minus the salad). The portions were generous and the food genuinely tasted perfect.

6. THE BEST FLAN EVER. Ummmmm, I HATE flan, but Hubs really wanted some. I told him I would nibble a bit of whatever he ordered. I DEVOURED half of that flan, which sat on a shortbread cookie on a plate drizzled with a cream sauce and raspberry sauce. O.M.G. You have to order this.

7. LIVE MUSIC. PATIO. WARM TEXAS SPRING NIGHTS. DATE NIGHT WITH HUBS.

I highly encourage anyone in the area to try this place. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Austin, Texas, United States
“Outstanding Mexican Style Food and Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Went there at lunch on recommendation from friends. Super helpful staff worked with our special dietary needs. Dishes made from scratch, so were able to adapt to our needs. Everything, from the light and tasty cornbread to start, to the guacamole, chips, and gourmet [home made] salsa, to the chicken enchiladas I had, and tostadas my wife had, was excellent. Some of the best Mexican style food in central Texas. And, NO MSG in the rice, like in a lot of places.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tigard, Oregon
“GOOD CHOICE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We were taken here by family and it was a very good experience. Got to sit on the patio as it was good weather. Had the garden shrimp salad and the California club sandwich and both were very good. Service was attentive and personable. Good choice.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rockwall, United States
“Blue Corn & John Arthur Martinez Band”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Had a business associate with me down in Austin and I took him to the Blue Corn. We both were very impressed with the quality and presentation of the food. I had the Abaco enchilada and my associate went for the crab filled chicken breast. The service was 5 star and The J.A. M. Band was over the top.

Visited February 2014
Beaumont, California
“Good Food, Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

A group of 20 persons were invited to a Wedding Rehearsal Dinner and had a wonderful time! The chicken nacho appetizer was unique and delicious and the grilled trout was excellent and other selections got rave reviews. The service was timely, accurate, and courteous

• Visited February 2014