I think I have found my new favorite local eatery...and only 3 miles from home. "Why?" you ask.
1. LOCAL. Gotta love a locally owned business that does it right.
2. USES LOCAL produce from local farms. It even grows its own basil, parsely, mint, etc.
3. GREAT SERVICE. We were greeted and seated by a friendly hostess. Our server BENITO was funny, helpful, and worked his tail off to make sure we had a great experience.
4. ICY COLD BEVERAGES. I had a Citrus Mango Mojito and a Dos XX. The hubs has a DOS XX, too. What a lovely way to end an afternoon, drinking cold beverages on a cozy patio nestled under the oak trees. Not to mention being serenaded by local talent. Truly an enjoyable experience.
5. AMAZING FOOD. I had the grilled rainbow trout with mashed potatoes and fresh green beans and carrots, along with a mixed green salad topped with a delightfully light dressing.
Hubs had a chicken fried rib eye with the same sides (minus the salad). The portions were generous and the food genuinely tasted perfect.
6. THE BEST FLAN EVER. Ummmmm, I HATE flan, but Hubs really wanted some. I told him I would nibble a bit of whatever he ordered. I DEVOURED half of that flan, which sat on a shortbread cookie on a plate drizzled with a cream sauce and raspberry sauce. O.M.G. You have to order this.
7. LIVE MUSIC. PATIO. WARM TEXAS SPRING NIGHTS. DATE NIGHT WITH HUBS.
I highly encourage anyone in the area to try this place. You will not be disappointed.
If you own or manage Blue Corn Harvest Bar and Grill, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.