“Would have been good minus the bugs.....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cedar Park (NW Austin)

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cedar Park (NW Austin) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cedar Park (NW Austin)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1605 E. Whitestone Boulevard., Cedar Park, TX 78613   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Cedar Park
Arlington, Texas
“Would have been good minus the bugs.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

We checked in Saturday April 17th around 8:00 for an overnight stay. The hotel appeared to be clean from the lobby however the rooms were a little disappointing. We stayed in a Room that had a King and sofa that had a pull out. I thought the bed was extremely uncomfortable and the Sofa pull out looked extremely used. When I woke up I had bug bites.........and in the bathroom I saw a few bugs running up the walls. There is construction going on around the property however....... The breakfast was booming, it was so crowded. They appeared to have quite a selection for a continental breakfast. I would choose another hotel next time I was in this area.

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010 via mobile

It's Valentine's Day and we booked a special weekend to be together, and the hot tub is still not working. We talked with other guests that complained that it has been a month. A lady at the front desk said the woman in charge of the maintenance thought no one would care because of the cold weather. What? That's the best time of the year for a hot tub! I guess it will be too hot in the summer for them to offer an ammenity that they advertise! We even asked the 1800 reservations if it was working before we booked because of other reviews. They promised that it was fixed!

• Stayed April 2010
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

We selected this hotel based on its location but we would recommend it based on its great staff. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful and Don at the front desk went above and beyond what we expected at this type of hotel. Our room was large, very quite and clean. If we are back in this area, we will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
jeri67
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2008

We were just there for a weekend for my husbands and Aunts birthday. We got there about 4:00 pm to check in..to find no one at the front desk..There was a group of women that look like they work in house keeping in the breakfast area that saw us trying to check in and said nothing, like someone would be right with you..just looked at us..we rang a bell and no one came...THAT WAS MY FIRST SIGN THAT IS WAS GOING TO BE A BAD TRIP...After a waiting for 10 or 15 min. some came from the hall area in office area to help...never saying I am sorry for the wait. Just how can I help you...when I check in the price was not what they have had on my form from the net. when I booked the rooms. They said that was not the right price and did not know where they would get that price from..So I show the cofrimation that I had the price on it..but still did not charge me what I was told the rooms were..HE CHARGE ME MORE ....OK WE PAYED IN CASH..GOT ARE KEYS..Went to rooms to find room were hot...
and had a odor like someting old...Went to bathroom to find half used shampoo bottle from hotel by the sink...
We went to get dinner and left the ac on high so the room would be cool when we go back....we got back and the room was hot ...the ac must run on auto because it turn on when we came in the room.????? The next day we where gone all day and came back that night to a hot room again....IT WAS TURN OFF..THE AC WAS OFF ...WE LEFT IT ON COOL ..HOUSE KEEPING MUST HAVE TURN IF OFF AFTER CLEANING ?????

WHO KNOWS.......WHEN CHECKING OUT I ASK THE FRONT DESK FOR A MAP TO GET MARBLE FALLS HE TOLD ME TO GOGGLE IT . I TOLD HIM THAT I TRYED TO PRINT BUT THERE WAS NO INK IN PRINTER THAT THEY HAD. HE SAID JUST TAKE THIS ROAD ALL AND YOU WOULD GET THERE...NO HELP AT ALL....HE COULD HAVE PRINTED A MAP OFF HIS PRINTER....

I THIS PLACE NEEDS SOME CUSTOMER SERVICE HELP BAD....

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2008

This is listed as a 2-star hotel, but the quality of the room and the condition of the exterior along with the professional manner that Priority Members are treated with makes this a 4-star hotel.

A few months ago I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Page, Arizona and I was really disappointed with that experience. I thought perhaps Holiday Inns had really went down in quality. But this hotel was clean, there was a free USA Today newspaper waiting outside my room each morning (for Priority Club guests) and the morning I left for checkout, the bill was slipped under my door, so there was no need to go down to the front desk to checkout (they call it Rapid Checkout).

I had a suite with 2 Queen beds (see uploaded photo) which was a really nice size room with a large desk, some comfortable chairs and 2 very comfortable beds. Room amenities included a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and iron & ironing board. There were no problems at all to report with the hotel. The A/C worked fine and the TV was adequate (though I'd like to see Holiday Inn upgrade TVs to at least flat screen tubes).

The pool was adequate, though it would be nice if they would have a heated pool. My GF & I planned to go swimming, but the water was too cold, despite it being in the middle of the afternoon and 87 degrees. The exercise room was also adequate - 3 machines of which I could only get 2 of them to work properly. The overall look of the exterior of the property is very nice, this is either a new property or a very well kept property. The view of Cedar Park (N. Austin) from the 3rd floor is nice, too!

• Liked — Property is near immaculate for a Holiday Inn Express; Priority Club Membership is honored...
  • Disliked — No heated pool, only 2 of the 3 machines in the exercise room worked properly, and the TV is outdated...
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2008

My husband I stayed at this hotel when traveling with our church group. The hotel is very nice both on the exterior and interior. Our rooms were well appointed and comfortable. The staff was courteous at all times. The morning breakfast is a very extended breakfast. It is not just coffee, donuts and bagels.
There is a shopping complex about a mile down the road from the hotel.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to my friends.

• Liked — The hotel was very clean and comfortable.
  • Disliked — The hotel is not within walking distance of any restaurants or stores.
  • Stayed April 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2006

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for two weeks because my house wasn't finished and I needed a place. I loved it there. Everyone was so friendly and quick to help. I had one problem the whole time I was there and it was fixed right away and I didn't have any others the rest of my stay. I will definitly send my friends and family to stay there. I travel alot on business as well and I wish all Holiday Inn's where as great as this one. It was a home away from home.

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cedar Park (NW Austin)? Share your experiences!