“LaQuinta, Cedar Park, Texas...our all-time favorite home away from home!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin - Cedar Park

Save up to 25%
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Cedar Park

Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed at the La Quinta for 6 days in December 2012. We got the one 1-bedroom suite, which has a separate bedroom and a living room with a fold-out couch and small kitchenette. The room was just what we wanted to be able to separate our kids from us at night. The bedroom was very large with a big King bed. The bed wasn't anything to rave about, but it was not uncomfortable. (I've stayed in many a hotel where the beds were rock hard, and this one was not. Firm, but not hard at all.)

The fold out bed, on the other hand, was absolutely TERRIBLE. The mattress felt like a bunch of springs with a blanket over the top. It was the bumpiest, hardest, lumpiest thing I've ever sat on, let alone slept on. Even my kids, who can sleep on the floor without any complaints, couldn't sleep on it. We had to borrow a foam mattress from my sister to put over it! When I told management, the man kind of laughed it off, 'Ya, those aren't the best beds." I tried to explain, it wasn't just "not that great." It was UNACCEPTABLE. I'm not sure he really understood how bad it was. But I promise if he laid down for 5 minutes on it himself and tried to sleep, he'd have that thing switched out the next day!

Other than that, I was pretty satisfied with the room. The housekeeping made up the bed (even the fold out with our foam pad on it) nicely each day and arranged my kids' stuffed animals all cute. The fridge would get stuck shut and we'd have to almost tear it from the wall to open it sometimes, but the rest of the kitchen area was fine.

The breakfast was just so-so. Only Sunday morning, when they did more of a brunch, was there a good variety. The other days there wasn't a lot to choose from (all grown-up cereals that my kids wouldn't eat, either fake eggs or buscuits, and either good bacon or gross sausage, depending on the day). You could make your own waffles. There were toast and bagels. But they ran out of milk every day and we had to ask for more. It's fine for a free breakfast, but don't go expecting to get a really excellent meal each morning.

The hotel seemed clean. The service from the front desk staff really varied. The girl who checked us in was surly and un-helpful. But other staff were more friendly and polite. The pool was OK--warm, though unlit and kind of murky. I think they need some underwater lighting. I worried about my young kids going under the water and me not even being able to see them. The fitness room was good, with 3 cardio machines and a multi-style weight machine.

Overall, I'd say this was a decent hotel and there wasn't anything really wrong with it, other than the fold out bed. But we liked the Staybridge Suites better. A lot nicer and a way better breakfast. I think we'll stay there next time.

Room Tip: If you have kids and you want a separate space for them that closes off completely, ask for room 224...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
laquintacedarpark, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin - Cedar Park, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
We appreciate your compliments
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Rooms were clean and very comfortable, staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel is convenient to major stores and restaurants, but is secluded from traffic noise. Would definitely stay here again. Did not try the breakfast or the pool, so no opinions on those.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

San Antonio, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Always a friendly staff, quiet clean hotel. It is worth the extra drive time when I am working in North Austin Round Rock area to stay in Cedar Park at this LaQuinta. Cedar Park is a small city atmosphere, but has everything you would expect to find in Austin, shopping, food and entertainment. Without the traffic!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Midland, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We were moving our son from Houston TX where he had been in a hospital for almost 11 months, finally to home. I called reservations and was told I would be provided with the room and alas, when we checked in, there were 2 grab bars in the bath room. I suppose that is what is required to be a wheelchair accessible room. I will not stay again at this La Quinta or probably any other due to this disappointing experience.

Room Tip: confirm you are getting what you are needing
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

laquintacedarpark, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin - Cedar Park, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I am so sorry a wheel chair accessible room was not available for your stay. Please let us know in advance and we will make every effort to make it available for you
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cedar Park
Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Cedar Park - Lakeline
Comfort Inn Cedar Park
#6 of 7 in Cedar Park
3.5 of 5 stars 56 reviews

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin - Cedar Park? Share your experiences!