“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Cedar Park
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Great Experience from beginning to end. I needed assistance to use my points and Kayla not only helped but had me call back to confirm my family’s stay and assured me there would be no need to change rooms when my family arrived. Upon arrival Kayla was able to put me in a first floor room, even though they have an elevator. I wanted to eliminate any arguments my grandchildren would have about whose turn it was to call the elevator.
The room was nicely appointed and was much nicer than their webpage indicated. Maid service was friendly and very responsive to our requests. The breakfast bar included sausage gravy and biscuits one day and sausage the other. The waffle iron makes Texas shaped waffles, much to the delight of my granddaughters. Pool time was limited to the amount of shade. Pool restrooms were spotless. Nice lobby sitting area to wait on family members etc. Front desk was staffed by friendly folks interested in our enjoying our stay.
Checkout was accurate and speedy. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
abecamin, General Manager at Comfort Inn Cedar Park, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Your kind words make a sunny day even brighter and more cheerful. Thank you
Sincerely, Jerry Anderson, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Neosho, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Always mystified by the behavior of front desk clerks at times. Had to travel to Austin on business and I like staying at Choice Properties for the points. Nice man checked me in fortunately and my room was well above average and it afforded me a good night's sleep. Cedar Park is a little bit of a haul from central Austin, but that in itself wasn't horrible.

Would stay here again, but would hope to get one of the front desk gals when they're in a better mood.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
We too hope your next experience with us will be met with a happy, courteous attitude and a cheerful smiling face. Thank you for pointing out the sour tempered demeanor you encountered. Please accept my apology for her lack of professionalism, and also accept my invitation to a more delightfully positive experience on your next visit. Sincerely, Jerry Anderson, GM
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding this past weekend.The night staff seemed to be slightly uncaring and she kind of just pushed us along and seemed like we were an imposition.The room was wonderful,very clean and comfortable.I cannot remember the ladies name that was inspecting rooms and stopped to see how our stay was.SHE was wonderful and very apologetic as to our bad experience at check in and went as far as to see if we needed anything extra for our rooms.I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: My room was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your thoughtful words. We appreciate your candor and we look forward to your next visit. It is regretable that our front desk associate was not more gracious. I apologize to you for her lack of caring and her visible portrayal of one who was doing something she obviously did not enjoy doing. She has found other things to do elsewhere and will not be here when you come back. With a sincere anticipation of your return we are prepared with a warm smile and a welcoming heart. Sincerely, Jerry Anderson, GM
Clear Lake City, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Decent hotel located pretty close shopping areas, grocery stores and gas stations. Staff was very friendly, rooms were clean, free breakfast was standard fare. It is next to a train track, but I couldn't hear anything all night and I'm a light sleeper. Wish there was more sound proofing in the rooms though. I could hear the kids running up and down in the room next to us. You can stay with your dogs/cats for an additional fee but you can't leave them alone in the rooms, which kinda defeats the point of a pet friendly hotel for me. I'd stay here again, just without my dogs.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
It is like a reward to us when our guests tell us they would stay again. Thank you for the vote of confidence. Your pet is most assuredly welcome to join you on your next visit. I understand the inconvenience you encounter when it is not allowed for pets to be left here unattended, but I would seek your understanding of that stipulation. Many times in the past, unattended pets have caused our other guests enough disturbance that it became necessary for us to require pets not to be left alone in the guest's room. It is our goal to provide a quiet, comfortable and safe environment for all our guests, and we sincerely hope there are no pet owners who would find us to be too ridgid or uncaring in our efforts to provide the comforts of home to everyone.
Sincerely, Jerry Anderson, GM
Del Rio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

My son got married in Leander, Tx on April 20th. We reserved a block of rooms at the Comfort Inn for family. The staff and management at this motel were exceptionally nice and the accomadations were very nice. We really enjoyed our stay. Thanks again to Jerry and all his staff!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
You are Welcome. Sincerely, Jerry Anderson
Arlington, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012 via mobile

Rooms had new updated carpet,granite and faucets but still had old wall paper cheap brass fixtures and very cheap fake furniture. They were in the process of painting the wallpaper in the hallways. Breakfast was not good. There wasnt OJ and no dispensers for drinks just pitchers of water, milk, and apple juice. They only had sugar free syrup. Waffles were good in the shape of Texas.
I wouldn't stay again but it was doable for one night.

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you for spending a night with us. Thanks, also for taking the time to share your experience with your fellow travelers. We have been doing upgrades to the hotel and will continue to make improvements. Those items mentioned that have not been addressed will be addressed in the near future if they have not already been taken care of. We hope to see you again some day (night) so you can experience the improvements and hopefully share a more positive experience with our audience. Sincerely, Jerry Anderson GM.
Deltona, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

We had read several reviews of local hotels in the area including this one, and decided not to book a reservation until we could see the rooms with our own eyes.

When we arrived in Cedar Park, this was the cheapest and closest hotel to my brother's house in Leander, so we decided to check it out first.

Upon entering the lobby, the clerk was very pleasant and gladly opened up a room for me to see. I was happy with the smell, cleanliness and neatness so we stayed. Upon check-in (different room now), the bathroom was immaculate, with no mold or stains on the tile, grout, shower stall, curtain, or sink area. Everything else was clean and neat as well. We stayed 4 nights, but only requested room cleaning after the 2nd night. Housekeeping did an excellent job of getting the room back up to snuff without interfering with any of our things.

The continental breakfast was pretty standard. There was the usual fare of toast, bagels, cereals, coffee, yogurts and so forth. But there was also a waffle maker, hot scrambled eggs each day, and the hotel seemed to alternate between hot sausage patties and hot gravy with sausage and biscuits. I'm pretty picky on this last item, but I tried it and it was much better than I expected.

There are only 2 reasons I gave this hotel a 4 rating instead of 5 - the beds and the trains. The beds were very springy and took about 3 nights to get used to. Also, there is a nearby railway and I did hear a couple trains during our stay. However, I have bad sleep apnea and was up anyway, and these seemed to be cargo trains that were very quiet. I doubt I would have heard them had I been asleep. It was just a low rumble, and my wife heard none of it. I mentioned these to the manager one morning and he apologized, but I told him I understood. You can't have beds that please everybody.

Overall an excellent stay, definitely would return.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Comfort Inn. You are right, providing the perfect bed for every person is a real challenge. We derive great pleasure in the mornings when guests tell us how comfortable the bed was and how soundly they slept. Then there are times when its hard to find the right words to use in responce to the comments about how "terribly Hard" the beds are or how "springy and soft" they are. Some guests have even asked where they can buy one for themselves like the ones we have. It is truly our sincere hope that you are comfortable when you stay with us... The train track is close by and we do get comments now and then about the passing of the trains. Fortunately for us, there are very few complaints about the trains and I would estimate a number in the high 99% of guests don't even know the tracks are there. For those who have been disturbed by the train, it has certainly not been our intention for that disturbance to happen and I can only say, I'm sorry. Sincerely, Jerry Anderson GM

Been to Comfort Inn Cedar Park? Share your experiences!