“Decent - would stay again” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Cedar Park
Clear Lake City, Texas, United States
“Decent - would stay again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Decent hotel located pretty close shopping areas, grocery stores and gas stations. Staff was very friendly, rooms were clean, free breakfast was standard fare. It is next to a train track, but I couldn't hear anything all night and I'm a light sleeper. Wish there was more sound proofing in the rooms though. I could hear the kids running up and down in the room next to us. You can stay with your dogs/cats for an additional fee but you can't leave them alone in the rooms, which kinda defeats the point of a pet friendly hotel for me. I'd stay here again, just without my dogs.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
abecamin, General Manager at Comfort Inn Cedar Park, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
It is like a reward to us when our guests tell us they would stay again. Thank you for the vote of confidence. Your pet is most assuredly welcome to join you on your next visit. I understand the inconvenience you encounter when it is not allowed for pets to be left here unattended, but I would seek your understanding of that stipulation. Many times in the past, unattended pets have caused our other guests enough disturbance that it became necessary for us to require pets not to be left alone in the guest's room. It is our goal to provide a quiet, comfortable and safe environment for all our guests, and we sincerely hope there are no pet owners who would find us to be too ridgid or uncaring in our efforts to provide the comforts of home to everyone.
Sincerely, Jerry Anderson, GM

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Del Rio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

My son got married in Leander, Tx on April 20th. We reserved a block of rooms at the Comfort Inn for family. The staff and management at this motel were exceptionally nice and the accomadations were very nice. We really enjoyed our stay. Thanks again to Jerry and all his staff!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
You are Welcome. Sincerely, Jerry Anderson
Arlington, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012 via mobile

Rooms had new updated carpet,granite and faucets but still had old wall paper cheap brass fixtures and very cheap fake furniture. They were in the process of painting the wallpaper in the hallways. Breakfast was not good. There wasnt OJ and no dispensers for drinks just pitchers of water, milk, and apple juice. They only had sugar free syrup. Waffles were good in the shape of Texas.
I wouldn't stay again but it was doable for one night.

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you for spending a night with us. Thanks, also for taking the time to share your experience with your fellow travelers. We have been doing upgrades to the hotel and will continue to make improvements. Those items mentioned that have not been addressed will be addressed in the near future if they have not already been taken care of. We hope to see you again some day (night) so you can experience the improvements and hopefully share a more positive experience with our audience. Sincerely, Jerry Anderson GM.
Deltona, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

We had read several reviews of local hotels in the area including this one, and decided not to book a reservation until we could see the rooms with our own eyes.

When we arrived in Cedar Park, this was the cheapest and closest hotel to my brother's house in Leander, so we decided to check it out first.

Upon entering the lobby, the clerk was very pleasant and gladly opened up a room for me to see. I was happy with the smell, cleanliness and neatness so we stayed. Upon check-in (different room now), the bathroom was immaculate, with no mold or stains on the tile, grout, shower stall, curtain, or sink area. Everything else was clean and neat as well. We stayed 4 nights, but only requested room cleaning after the 2nd night. Housekeeping did an excellent job of getting the room back up to snuff without interfering with any of our things.

The continental breakfast was pretty standard. There was the usual fare of toast, bagels, cereals, coffee, yogurts and so forth. But there was also a waffle maker, hot scrambled eggs each day, and the hotel seemed to alternate between hot sausage patties and hot gravy with sausage and biscuits. I'm pretty picky on this last item, but I tried it and it was much better than I expected.

There are only 2 reasons I gave this hotel a 4 rating instead of 5 - the beds and the trains. The beds were very springy and took about 3 nights to get used to. Also, there is a nearby railway and I did hear a couple trains during our stay. However, I have bad sleep apnea and was up anyway, and these seemed to be cargo trains that were very quiet. I doubt I would have heard them had I been asleep. It was just a low rumble, and my wife heard none of it. I mentioned these to the manager one morning and he apologized, but I told him I understood. You can't have beds that please everybody.

Overall an excellent stay, definitely would return.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Comfort Inn. You are right, providing the perfect bed for every person is a real challenge. We derive great pleasure in the mornings when guests tell us how comfortable the bed was and how soundly they slept. Then there are times when its hard to find the right words to use in responce to the comments about how "terribly Hard" the beds are or how "springy and soft" they are. Some guests have even asked where they can buy one for themselves like the ones we have. It is truly our sincere hope that you are comfortable when you stay with us... The train track is close by and we do get comments now and then about the passing of the trains. Fortunately for us, there are very few complaints about the trains and I would estimate a number in the high 99% of guests don't even know the tracks are there. For those who have been disturbed by the train, it has certainly not been our intention for that disturbance to happen and I can only say, I'm sorry. Sincerely, Jerry Anderson GM
McKinney, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I had a very restful sleep at this hotel. The beds were comfortable, pillows were soft. My only complaint was some things were broken in the room. The shower curtain rod was nearly hanging with the screws only maybe an inch from giving way. My son pointed out a couple of other minor things, water damage, a crack in the shower surround, etc. It was very comfortable. Maybe just a little maintenance is in order?

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Comfortable and a good bargain. Thank you for sharing your positive words with your fellow travelers. We have been working on the maintenance issues you brought up. We have completed repairs and resurfacing of about 80% of all the tub surrounds and new anti-slip strips on the tub floors. The tub refurbish will be completed in early 2013. Shower curtain rods are being secured with new and far more stable fasteners than what were previously used. Wall and ceiling repairs are also being done as an ongoing process. We hope to have you back again so you'll have more positive comments to share with those who read this. Thank you very much for staying with us. Sincerely, Jerry Anderson
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

Why has no one shared this?! When we checked in we asked about the trains, and the girl said that "it's a no horn zone for the trains." What she failed to mention is that it is a street warning arm/bell area for cars! I think almost every hour on the hour those went off when a train passed. Even my husband who sleeps REALLY hard was awoken each time. What a total nightmare! If you have to stay in this area, which we did, I guess bring super strong earplugs and an ambient noise machine and maybe some sleeping pills.

Besides that it was fine. The bummer is we stayed there to get more sleep for the night. Our daughter had a 6:45am arrival to a game nearby, and we live an hour south. Oh well, live and learn.

Room Tip: As far from the train tracks as is godly possible!!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn for you accomodations. It is very troublesome for us to hear of your "total nightmare". We have never before had comments about the train as strong as your words are. The train has never been scheduled on the hour every hour; but, I don't know their schedule. I am truly sorry you got so little rest on the night before your daughter's game. Sincerely, Jerry Anderson, GM
Grand Junction, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

Our family stayed at this awesome hotel recently! The rooms were nice and clean! The full "hot" breakfast was delicious! They even have waffles that are shaped like the "State of Texas"! The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful! We couldn't have asked for more! This hotel is a Great Place to Stay...and for a Great Rate too! Location in Cedar Park, Texas is Perfect for anyone just visiting the area...or traveling for business purposes! Just minutes from Austin and Historic, Beautiful Georgetown!

Room Tip: There are handicap accessible rooms here too!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Great place, great rates. Thank you for writing your comments. We could use a sales director with your word skills. Thanks, and sincerely, Jerry Anderson GM

Been to Comfort Inn Cedar Park? Share your experiences!