“OMG it's next to the train tracks!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Cedar Park
Austin, Texas
“OMG it's next to the train tracks!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

Why has no one shared this?! When we checked in we asked about the trains, and the girl said that "it's a no horn zone for the trains." What she failed to mention is that it is a street warning arm/bell area for cars! I think almost every hour on the hour those went off when a train passed. Even my husband who sleeps REALLY hard was awoken each time. What a total nightmare! If you have to stay in this area, which we did, I guess bring super strong earplugs and an ambient noise machine and maybe some sleeping pills.

Besides that it was fine. The bummer is we stayed there to get more sleep for the night. Our daughter had a 6:45am arrival to a game nearby, and we live an hour south. Oh well, live and learn.

Room Tip: As far from the train tracks as is godly possible!!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
abecamin, General Manager at Comfort Inn Cedar Park, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn for you accomodations. It is very troublesome for us to hear of your "total nightmare". We have never before had comments about the train as strong as your words are. The train has never been scheduled on the hour every hour; but, I don't know their schedule. I am truly sorry you got so little rest on the night before your daughter's game. Sincerely, Jerry Anderson, GM

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Grand Junction, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

Our family stayed at this awesome hotel recently! The rooms were nice and clean! The full "hot" breakfast was delicious! They even have waffles that are shaped like the "State of Texas"! The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful! We couldn't have asked for more! This hotel is a Great Place to Stay...and for a Great Rate too! Location in Cedar Park, Texas is Perfect for anyone just visiting the area...or traveling for business purposes! Just minutes from Austin and Historic, Beautiful Georgetown!

Room Tip: There are handicap accessible rooms here too!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Great place, great rates. Thank you for writing your comments. We could use a sales director with your word skills. Thanks, and sincerely, Jerry Anderson GM
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

I have stayed at this property several times. The staff is awesome and very accomodating. Reasonable priced rooms with a great homey atmosphere. My husband joined me on one stay and I had several by myself and felt very comfortable . Clean rooms and hotel. Breakfast is great. Met Jerry the owner and he has his wife are great people. I was interested in meeting him as I learned from others about how they have stepped up to help guests with personal crisis...I think they are exceptional as well as the property and staff. Can't go wrong with comfort, price and service at this property.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Swanton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

Friendly, helpful service as needed. GREAT breakfast! Liked the owners and their little boy. Such a sweet child!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

We booked a king size room at this "100% non-smoking hotel". We had just come from moving out of our smoke filled apartment so we had the smell in our hair and on our clothes. When we walked into the room we thought it smelled of smoke but figured it was just our clothing, etc. so we showered and then realized that it was indeed the room that was reeking of smoke. Upon further inspecition of the covers we found cigarette burns in the blanket and comforter. I am extremely allergic to cigarette smoke, hence the need to move, and got sick just in the short time we were in the room. When I spoke to the owner's husband, Jerry Anderson, about the issue he refused to give us our money back even though they falsely advertised a non-smoking room. Also, the room we stayed is was a handi-cap room and the bathroom didn't have proper drainage and the entire floor in the bathroom flooded. This place was a terrible experience.

Room Tip: The Best Western across the street is great!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

Okay...here's my story:.
The business I work for had told me that their company residence was not available while I was in town and I would have to find my own accommodations. So, I gave Comfort Inn a call and booked a three day stay for me and my cat....YES, they are pet friendly!!!
And on the day of my first stay, a few hours before I was to check in; I was told that I would be able to stay at the company residence after all. I called Comfort Inn, and spoke to Gloria. I told her my story, and that I knew that there would be a charge, etc...
And do you know what? Gloria told me that she understood, and she would cancel my reservation without any penalties or fees! I couldn't believe it! She just asked that I would keep them in mind for any future travel needs, and I told her ,"ABSOLUTELY!!" I am so impressed with Comfort Inn for taking the time to listen to and help out this weary traveler and her pet.So, if any one is in need of a place to stay in Cedar Park, TX, give Comfort Inn a call. They are great! I am sure they will treat you with the same care and consideration they did me!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Nacogdoches
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

I made a reservation at 6 pm on Wed the 8th. I called at 7 pm to cancel because someone had asked us to stay with them. So when I called to cancel I was told I had to cancel by 4 pm or my card would be charged. I DID NOT MAKE THE DANG RESERVATION UNTIL 6PM How is it possible to be charged for not cancelling by a time that was NOT RELATIVE before you make the reservation. GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ANyone else think this is not the mostinsane thing you have heard ?????

• Stayed February 2011
abecamin, General Manager at Comfort Inn Cedar Park, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
We at the Comfort Inn Cedar Park have researched our records for the date of February 8, 2011 and have found no records indicating a cancelled reservation or a charged no-show reservation.

Been to Comfort Inn Cedar Park? Share your experiences!