“Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cedar Hill
Paola, Kansas
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We often travel with our puppy and chose to stay at this HIE because of their very reasonable one time pet fee. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice, clean and well maintained the rooms are. We booked a King Leisure which was spacious. The staff were super friendly and accommodating. It is close to a lot of restaurants and good shopping. We will surely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Holiday Inn Express are usually very similar and predictable, that's why I stay in them. I will say that the staff at this location were exceptionally friendly from check in to breakfast and check out. The quality of the breakfast was good, normal HIE choices, but clean and well presented.

Overall impression: A convenient, friendly comfy place to stay in Cedar Hill.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor, near elevator, a bit noisy, but it did not hinder my sleep. Pick a higher...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Guymon, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We have stayed here 5 or 6 times over the course of two years. It's always overrun with sports teams in the summer, and the children are always running up and down the halls at all hours of the day and night with no supervision at all. And yes, they are are always screaming. And also the elevators are incredibly sloooooow. I won't be staying here again, I've given it enough chances.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cedar Hill, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear rimrock,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced. I appreciate you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Surprise, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We came to Cedar Hills for a Bible Quiz competition and lots of the other quiz families were also staying at this hotel so it was very crowded. They did an excellent job of keeping the breakfast buffet stocked for all of the hungry kiddos. Since we were driving, we got into the hotel very late at night and had the pleasure of meeting Chad, the night front desk person. He was fabulous! We were all tired and a little grumpy after 18 hours of being in the car, but he was super friendly and made the check in process great! If we are ever in Texas again, we will definitely be back to this hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Southern States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

After reading other reviews, I was optimistic about my 5 night stay, perhaps overly so. I arrived early and was not allowed check in because of sold out situation for a wedding, okay. When I returned for check in, the same surly clerk checked me in, no notice of Priority Club member ship, no name tag or uniform, still very minor issues. The clerk was extremely busy with a full house and wedding party going on in lobby,(waiting for limos,etc.), so she was working very hard, perhaps 2 clerks for this time of day. The lobby area is well done, modern and clean lines. The beakfast area is one of the nicer ones I have seen in this chain. There is a small "Sweet Spot" convenience store area off the front desk, soda, ice cream,candy, the name well deserved! The room was spotless, as well as all common areas. Cleanliness IS a priority here, and that is something others don't do well. The room was nicely appointed, the bed comfortable, the towels large and fluffy, flat screen TV and ammenities by Bath and Body Works, perks that work! The breakfast area is huge, everal sitting areas, a communalr tall stool bar area, beautiful! The usual HIE fare was available, cinnamon rolls, bacon, eggs, and a pancake machine that was even advertised in the elevator, but it was out of order during my stay, something that did not effect me at all. One of the better breakfast offerings at this price point. There is a beautiful indoor swimming pool and whirlpool area, but I didnt try this area. Unfortunately the downside.... upon checking into room I noticed the lack of hangers, so I called housekeeping and front desk for them, was told they were on the way twice, I was still waiting five days later. As noticed by other reviewers, the walls are paper thin, and I had an adjoining room which made it possible for me to listen to my neighbors phone calls without trying, and they were using normal speaking tones, not loud. When I went downstairs to purchase a drink, the same check in desk clerk was watching private laptop shows and was behind the desk barefoot, not really 5 star! One night when I returned to the room I had lost my key. The desk clerk (I hadnt seen before), made me a new one without asking for ID, a major security issue that management needs to address immediately. There is a very loud air conditioner outside the -02 rooms, and I was on the thrid floor and the noise from this overtook my AC unit and TV. At one time I went to the window and looked for a helicopter pad, as this noise was intermittent all night and day. The desk clrek said this was becauseof the smoking rooms, but there was not vent in my room, and this unit could have been placed further from the window. The manager, Mark West was at the front desk for check out, and asked if there were problems during my stay. I mentioned the above items, and I honestly believed he was concerned and was not aware of these issues. He promised they would be taken care of, and since I will be returning to this area, we shall see. I will definitely stay at this property again, as the kinks I experienced do lean toward new management, and Mark seems to care about his property. Hopefully next review will garner at least one more star. If you overlook the minor, your stay here will be comfortable, your tummy will be full, and you will come back also!

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms ending in 02-06
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cedar Hill, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear franklinmilford,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lynnwood, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I typically stay at four and five star hotels but couldn't find one close enough to my sons wedding venue. I was worried about staying at the holiday inn express but shouldn't have been. The hotel is extremely clean and well cared for. I'm a bit of a germaphobe and always wipe everything down with a Clorox wipe and I was amazed at it wasn't full of dirt and still looked clean!

Also, everyone from the receptionist to the maid was extremely friendly and genuine. The hotel had a lovely sitting and breakfast area with great coffee. While they don't have five star amenities they do have five star staff. I don't have a single complaint about the hotel or staff and will stay at holiday inn expresses more often.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mark W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cedar Hill, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and our staff. We strive each day to make your stay memorable; we look forward to seeing you again.
Mark West
Longview, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was our second time to stay at this hotel. They have a great breakfast and are very close to the shops at cedar hill. Our dance team stays here when we go to Desoto dance competition every year. Go to the old downtown area for dinner, Sam's Pizza was great and the family owned atmosphere was so much better than franchise row out on interstate.

Room Tip: Stay on the third floor if posssilble just a little foot traffic noise but not to bad on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cedar Hill? Share your experiences!