“Nice room and staff, but...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cedar Hill
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Nice room and staff, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Walls are paper thin. I could hear every word of the people in the room next to me. EVERY WORD. The staff was sympathetic, but could do nothing to help. The people in the room next to me were busy all night long. Very busy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cedar Hill, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Miesian,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay. It is truly disappointing to hear you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the noise challenges you experienced.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
HENDERSON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Yes!!! I have tried a lot of places and found this hotel to be the best of the best. My boyfriend is in college at Northwood University, so I have been staying at this hotel every weekend since the end of August. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The staff is amazing! The breakfast that they serve is yummy and plentiful! I would, and have stay here again and again!! Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Mark W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cedar Hill, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We take the greatest pride in getting to know our guest’s, and we want to ensure we make your stay an excellent experience.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Sincerely, Mark West Manager
Columbus, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

We traveled to Waxahachie, Texas recently for a high school band competition and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Cedar Hill, Texas. The hotel was very accommodating and the staff was incredible. The hotel was clean and is located in proximity to shopping and restaurants. It also has a full hot breakfast in the morning. We enjoyed our brief stay.

• Stayed October 2012
Riverview, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We spent 2 nights here while in town for a funeral.
We were automatically upgraded to a king suite (Platinum member) without even asking. Check-in and check-out was handled quickly and professionally.
The room was large and everything was very clean and TV, fridge, microwave all worked well.
The temperature was controlled by wall thermostat and was well maintained.
I thought that noise might be an issue since the room was very close to the entry, across from the breakfast/break area, and close to the elevator - but we heard nothing!
The bed was the standard HI Express king which is always very comfortable.
This hotel had a large selection of snacks and microwave meals avail at the desk. The breakfast food was the standard HI preakfast and was kept well stocked - even has sugar-free pancake syrup which not all sites have.
The location was good and we did not have any concerns for safety

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights on a business trip. I found the room and ammenities to be in excellent order. The room was spotless. This establishment must be fairly new.

The location is great if you're looking for access to the immediate area and Dallas. There are several chain restaurants (Buffalo Wild Wings, Panera Bread, fast food) almost within walking distance if it weren't for a busy highway separating the hotel from the shopping center. A Super Target, Best Buy, and very nice outdoor mall are 5 minutes away. Staying on business, I made use of the Target.

The service was very good... during the week. When the "weekend" staff came on Friday, the service was noticeably worse. The front desk agent was less prepared, the housekeepers ignored my request to not be serviced until after noon (I worked overnight shifts while there), and my room was missed by housekeeping on the last day of my stay.

Housekeeping tried entering my room twice while I was asleep. I checked with the front desk and was told they still had my note about not disturbing me before noon.

The issues continued when I cut my hand on the stairwell railing. No big deal, but the bed sheets are white and I didn't want to bleed all over the room while I slept, so I asked the front desk for a bandage... they didn't have any. Are you telling me you don't have a first aid kit in the whole place? Not even for the employees? Anyway, no big deal, just really inconvenient.

Another service issue occurred the final night of my stay. I went down to the business office around 1am to print my boarding passes. I just got back from work and wanted to print them before I was ready to check out. I was promptly informed the business office closed at 11pm. Why? It's just a room with two computers and a printer. You need key access to get in. What's they point of kicking me out? It was fine for the loud group in the dining room to sit around drinking beers at that time, but not ok for me to print my boarding passes and check e-mail... Ok.

Even with that said, I'd stay here again. A clean, odorless hotel is worth it's weight in gold. I worked in a hotel for 7 years, so I understand where the service issues I experienced broke down. Everything could have been corrected if I was persistent, but I just wanted to sleep.

• Stayed April 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cedar Hill, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Dear cliphord,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Red Deer, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

We stayed on the second floor and had a VERY quiet 3 night stay - didn't hear a thing! The beds and pillows are SO comfy and the room was spacious with a mini fridge and microwave as well. The morning/day staff - especially the lady at the front desk - was WONDERFUL! So friendly, cheery and helpful! Breakfast was good - hot items as well as the regular continental breakfast fare. Also the location is wonderful - close to shopping and restaurants. We would stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

The staff was pleasant; breakfast was good; room was lovely, large, and comfortable, with all the amenities we could ask for. True, there were noisy kids in the hall, but you're going to have that at a hotel, especially if there's a soccer tournament in town, or a family reunion, or whatever. LOTS of places to eat nearby. My only real complaint is the hot tub was not hot--just lukewarm.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cedar Hill? Share your experiences!