“Super fun family getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cedar Creek
GreenLeadersGold level
Los Altos, CA
“Super fun family getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

We came for a long weekend and stayed on the concierge level which provided lots of breakfast and snack items. This felt like a luxury hotel with tons of family friendly activities. Our 2 sons ages 7 and 10 absolutely loved it all, and so did we as the parents!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

My husband and I had the pleasure of experiencing Lost Pines for a recent badly needed quick getaway. We were hoping for a relaxing destination...we found that and then some at Lost Pines. While it is perfectly set up for families, we found it to be an ideal location for the two of us to unwind. The setting right on the Colorado River is gorgeous; the property is immaculately kept and is complete with a firepit where they roast marshmellows nightly. The resort is adjacent to a park complete with horsetrails; there is a gorgeous spa on site along with a beautiful golf course; tennis courts. It really has something for everyone. While it is close proximity to Austin, we chose to only leave the property twice to catch a meal in neighboring Bastrop(10 minutes away). The rooms are extremely comfortable; the bountiful buffet breakfast stays set up until noon which served as lunch for us. The staff was the most helpful and friendly we've ever encountered, and we've encountered a lot. All in all, it was a wonderful escape. If you're trying to do a romantic getaway in the summer, however, I'm sure it is inundated with kids as it is so appealing for families. Off season, however, it couldn't have been better for the two of us. It was just what the doctor ordered. We will return.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
LOS ANGELES
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

I very nice hotel. A about 30-40 minutes outside of down town. But ....

The service our group (about 70 people) received was quite poor. We were rushed through a diner that cost over $110 a plate. The food was served at room temp. The drinks at the bar were heavily watered down and the wait staff in the bar seems annoyed that we kept ordered more drinks.

It is a shame that they will lose our business next year because of the poor service. Seventy people for four days should have received better treatment.

The rooms were clean and the cleaning staff was very nice.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

My daughter and I went to this hotel as part of our summer vacation. It is located about 30 miles from Austin. The road into the resort is very long so there was definitely a feeling of isolation. I think it took us about 10 to 15 minutes to get to the town of Bastrop from the resort. There is not much there except a fun tea room called Tanalee's Tea & Sympathy. Make sure to stop in, have some tea and dessert and chat with Tanalee. She is a wonderful and fun lady. There are plenty of hats on the wall that you chose from to wear while having your tea. There are some antique shops on the one road in the "downtown" area. If you want to go to Austin, plan on 30 minutes to an hour depending on what time of day it is.

The staff at the resort were wonderful. They handled every request with grace and a smile. We had a double room with a river view. Since the river was so low, we couldn't even see it. But the room was very nice just the same. The beds were "heavenly" as is typical in Hyatt Resorts. We laid down for a quick nap and fell right asleep on the wonderful beds. The food at the resort was very good and also fairly expensive. However, the buffets they offered were very reasonable. We also would split an entree and found it to be plenty of food.

The pool was wonderful! But, if you are looking for a "river" feel like at the Hyatt Hill Country Resort, you won't find it here. There is a lot of concrete and I felt like we were at a water park. It was very enjoyable though. There is also a sand area for kids to play in. The only problem was all the bees! They were terrible. We had to leave the pool area because they wouldn't go away. They got in our food and up the sides of our drink cups.

The nightly S'mores was a nice touch. They also showed a movie on the lawn for families with younger children. One thing I really liked was that the ice cream/snack/sundry/gift shop was open until 11:00 pm. They also sell breakfast burritos for 3.95 which is not too bad.

There is live music in the sports bar which is very big. That is where most of the buffets were. It was a very lively and fun spot to hang out at night. There were video arcade games and games tables in the back of the room. Children are allowed in there until either 8pm or 10 pm depending on the day of the week.

This strikes me as a place to go to get away from it all and either play golf or stay at the wonderful pool areas all day. This would also be a good place to hold a conference. The fitness room only had 3 treadmills and they were all in use when I went there. I didn't use the spa facilities but they were very small. The spa is much nicer at the Hyatt Hill Country Resort in San Antonio.

All in all, it was a very pleasant stay. I think we would have enjoyed it more if we were golfers, horse riders or if they could have found a way to get rid of all the bees!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

What a wonderful hotel. The grounds are immaculate, the food is wonderful - just a fantastic hotel for the whole family. We've been several years in a row now around the 4th of July and had a wonderful trip. The rooms are clean and up to date, the pool / lazy river is great and everywhere we've eaten has been great. The buffet is usually our choice with the kids and there is always something great for the adults and kids! Can't wait to return!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

The hotel is great. Very similiar to the Hill Country Resort in San Antonio, only nicer. We did notice quite a few children, so may not be the best place for a romantic weekend

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

I came over from Austin for the weekend while my husband was doing a conference. We had played golf at Wolfdancer a few times and thought the place looked nice. The room was on the fourth floor so I did not have a balcony. I was hoping for a balcony but again it was a free room. Nice room with a chair, desk, king size bed, separate shower and tub, flat screen TV, in room coffee and small refrigerator. The place is a lot bigger than I originally thought it was. It does take some time to get from point A to point B.

The workout room is near the spa. The three times I went to work out I had the entire place to my self. The cardio equipment has built in TVs, a cord for your iPod and a USB outlet if you want to take the summary of your workout with you. They also provide headsets and towel. There are free weights, circuit machines, yoga balls, weighted balls, and benches. It is a very nice and clean gym. They allow you to plug in your iPod to the wall and play it over the speakers or choose a station. Again since I had the entire place to myself this is what I did. I do not think I would do it if others were there.

The pool is nice as well. There is a beach area that goes into the pool. There are two slides and a lazy river. The lazy river is actually a lot of fun. On Sunday, I had the entire river to myself. The weekend crowd was gone and most of the guests were there for the conference. There is an adult only area which I could see being a nice place on a Saturday. In the adult area there is a hot tub. They do have people that come around asking for drink and food orders or you can walk up to a bar. Like most resorts the food and drinks are over priced. I paid $11 with tip for a fruity drink and $16 for a hamburger and fries. Both were excellent but nothing special for the price.

At night they do provide you an opportunity to make your own S’mores. It is fun. They give you the marshmallows and the fire. When you are done they put them on the graham crackers and chocolate for you. I actually had two!

I did not get any spa services but did walk into the spa. Standard resort spa.

The golf course is great. It is on of our favorite to play even though it is a bit of a hike from Austin. They have specials all the time and when they do we try to play. When they first opened they gave away engraved bag tags every time you played. I haven’t played in a while so I do not know if that is still true. Honestly, you can only have so many bag tags at some point. However, it is a nice touch.

The staff was really friendly. Always saying hello and can I help you find something, etc. Overall nice place if you are willing to pay. I did notice in some areas it is starting to show some wear. I think it has been open for about three years now. I hope they actively maintain the place. It is a great place outside of Austin that feels like the hill country west of Austin. You could feel like you went to the hill country but only have to go 20 minutes from the Austin airport.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!