“Perfect Family getaway!"” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Houston, Texas
“Perfect Family getaway!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

After searching & searching for what to do over Spring Break, we decided to got to Hyatt Lost Pines. We loved all the activities for the kiddos; there was never a lack of fun. Best part, I NEVER heard the words, "I'm bored!"
There was such a family and friendly atmosphere, that we couldn't have been happier with our choice.
We loved it so much, that my husband and I are now planning a romantic little getaway for just the two of us!
I tell all my friends that if they are looking for an amazing getaway, its a no-brainer, THIS is the place!

Room Tip: Discounts and exclusive info on their FaceBook pg!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
lauraf00, Social Media Coordinator at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
Thank you so much for your review. We enjoyed reading about your special time here at the resort. We hope to see you back again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011 via mobile

THIS RESORT SUFFERS FROM FUNDAMENTALMANAGEMENT PROBLEMS! As you notice, my wife and I found the place beautifully located, with friendly staff, clean, and with many amenities including restaurants serving great food. However, overall we could only give it two stars because of a few fundamental but very serious problems: 1 Arrival and check in was confusing and extremely inefficient with no apparent communication between car attendants and what appeared to be untrained luggage jockeys acting as self appointed middlemen to the bellman. 2. Flies constantly decorating the food on your plate in the Firewheel dining room as you battled with them for every bite. 3 I am writing this from our room at the resort on the last night of our stay and having saved our last night to dine in the much heralded "Stories" Restaurant, my wife was driven to physical illness and I to headaches from having to spend our last (intended to be romantic) night sitting outside the "fine dining establishment at the resort" on it's patio in 95 degree temperature because management allowed a party indoors of 10 to 12 noisy patrons scream at and with each other so loudly that my wife and I couldn't even communicate with each other. Our only alternative - eating on the patio in intensive
heat so uncomfortable that my wife became extremely I'll and unable to finish her much anticipated meal. Management needs to train their arrival staff to make check-in more efficient and less confusing, eradicate the indoor flies, and make it a policy to insist that all who eat in the fine dining restaurant are to behave with some respect for others and to ask them to remove themselves to the bar if they cannot control themselves in the restaurant. Unless these issues are solved we are forced to give the resort only two stars.
S Scales (Texas)

• Stayed June 2011
lauraf00, Social Media Coordinator at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
On behalf of Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, I would like to thank you for posting your review and constructive comments.

As a resort we read each review and utilize them as a learning opportunity, therefore your points were taken very seriously and we will reevaluate some of our check-in procedures so that we can better service to the needs of our guests. Our Front Desk Manager is currently reevaluating the procedure and re-communicating to our staff to ease the check-in process from the valet to the bell-stand and to the front desk.

And we deeply apologize about the flies you encountered during your stay. We have taken actions (by using treatments and techniques) to eliminate them around our food and beverage outlets. We will continue to work at eliminating the problem all together, especially during such a dry season.

Thank you for all the suggestions and we hope you will visit us again for a chance to recover ourselves.

Please feel free to contact me directly might you have any further questions or concerns.

laura.felux@hyatt.com
Social Media Coordinator
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary. Being locals, we had heard many great things about this place. DISAPPOINTED,, This place is set up for large family groups who like to eat a lot of meat and stay in a hot dusty climate. We had to leave the "resort" (ha!) to get something to eat as meat meat and more meat is not exactly what we wanted. Rooms are decent and competitively priced. I paid for a deluxe king ( has a balcony that has no privacy) and was upgraded to a premium king. What a favor. The premium gave you a better view, so we were right by the wild burro corral and had the deluxe 24 hour burro manure smell at no extra cost! Won't go back!

Room Tip: Book for weekday stays. Join hyatt rewards
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

My spouse and I visited for a four day weekend looking to relax and celebrate our anniversary. Unfortunately it was not very relaxing or romantic since it was all geared toward families. Children are even allowed in the bars and in the "adult" pool section. I dont know why they put that sign up if they don't enforce it. They only way to get peace and quiet is to take a long hike into the country by yourselves. I slipped on a discarded pacifier my second day. One of my neighbors left dirty smelly diapers outside their door the entire weekend and the staff did nothing about it even though I complained several times. The only part of my experience I enjoyed was the spa. The food is average...the rooms are average...I was so exited about our stay but it tuned out to be a big disappointment.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room in the
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

I wanted to write this review while it was still fresh on my mind and not diluted with time away… I could actually write this review and list it under the "Excellent" section and the "Terrible" section…
This is the “Excellent” section review….
We arrived at the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa to celebrate our 22nd Wedding Anniversary filled with the usual anticipation that accompanies any first time visit. From the minute we encountered the first staff member, who directed us to a parking spot close to the front door, we started to feel welcome. Another staff member greeted us warmly, took our bags and directed us to the check-in desk. A pleasant Front Desk clerk offered us complimentary mimosa champagne cocktail. They were so well made my wife had more than one. Allison quickly and professionally pulled up our reservation. She wished us Happy Anniversary; obviously it was in her system as to why we were there. I took the liberty to ask if our room could be upgraded. Even though it was the Memorial Day weekend, she scoured her system and found us the next level up accommodations, nothing extravagant, but noticeably different. The premier king room was spacious and well appointed. The view of the garden from the balcony was delightful.
We unpacked and headed out to take in the sights and numerous amenities at resort (one weekend is not enough time to do everything at the resort; you have to pick your pleasure). After dinner we walked the luscious grounds accompanied by a cool breeze, a perfect night to share a walk with my wife of 22 years.
Here’s where the review can be placed under the “Terrible” section…
We sat watching the stars near one of the many fire pits used for roasting marshmallows. After what seemed like hours, we decided to call it a night and head back to the room. Good timing because the staff was coming through to clean the area for the next day. It took us about ten minutes to walk back to the room. Once in the room my wife noticed she didn’t have her hand bag. We immediately back tracked our locations (the restaurant, the pool, the fire pit). On the way, one of the staff members met us and we told him we were in search of my wife’s bag. He contacted “lost and found”. Nothing… He then contacted resort security.
The Resort security person who took my wife’s statement was professional, courteous, and helpful. He didn’t treat us like, “okay, another careless guest”. He even back tracked with us. We eventually made it back to the fire pit. We found the bag, but much to our delight and disappointment the bag was there, but the camera was NOT… We used that camera to capture our day’s activities. Resort security revised our statement to reflect our insistence that the camera was not LOST but STOLEN. He suggested we contact the Bastrop County Sheriff’s Office. We did that and Bastrop County Sheriff office dispatched a deputy sheriff to take our statement. Needless to say that tainted the rest of our stay. We had to go the local electronics store and purchase a camera for the rest of the weekend.
We have no substantiating evidence, but our suspicion is the cleanup staff had the best opportunity to remove the camera from the bag. They were the only ones around the immediate area once we left to go back to our room. If the bag was there as they swept and emptied the trash, why didn’t they bring the bag to the lost and found? We have vacationed in resorts literally around the world and this was the first time we had this happen. We were told by the resort security on our drive back home that the cleanup staff night manager had been interviewed and they had no knowledge of what happened.
The Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa was indeed a 5-star facility with all the amenities. However, when our family and friends ask us about our trip and where are all the pictures, we tell them someone else has them. So we rehearse the story of our stolen camera, again.

Room Tip: Book Early....
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

Great location lots of activities. Wonderful for kids, but lots of areas for couples as well. Staff is fantastic and the manager is extremely helpful. Loved the restaurant and had the best pork chop ever. River rides, zip lines, s'mores and more. Wife loved the spa and went back for a girls weekend.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
lauraf00, Social Media Coordinator at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We appreciate you taking the time to review us. Our staff is truly dedicated to make each guest's stay wonderful. I am happy you had such a great time here. We hope to see you and your family again soon!
Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

We stayed at Hyatt Lost Pines once before, and when I asked my children what they wanted for their birthdays (April/May) they wanted a weekend at Lost Pines. I could not argue with that, it is such a relaxing resort and being from Houston, we really enjoy getting away from the city and yet having all the comforts and conveniences of home. The front desk staff was very courteous and helpful in getting us a room with the view we preferred. We had a room facing the duck pond and pool area. In my opinion THE best building! (Room 1714 or 1715) We were on the 1st floor, and had a walk out porch to a grassy area and easy access to the pool. Before heading to resort, I emailed the property letting them know we were coming and requested a rollaway bed. When we arrived the bed was in the room as requested. Once checked in, we headed to the lazy river. The pool area is beautiful, very well manicured areas with trees and shade. There are plenty of chairs for everyone to sit, and poolside service for drinks and food. The whole pool area is great for kids, there really isn't a deep part of pool, or lazy river. I think the deepest it goes is 4ft. My 2 kids had a great time, there is a water slide, lazy river, pool with volleyball net, basketball net, etc. Lunch by pool is pretty good, we had typical burgers and hot dogs. That evening we went to dinner in Firewheel Cafe, which is the main restaurant with buffet each evening. There is a separate kids buffet with mac/cheese, burgers, chicken etc. The next morning we got up and hit breakfast buffet at Firewheel again, which was delicious. We stayed at the lazy river/pool all day. Once done at pool we headed to the room to get ready for the evening and there was a basket with yummy snacks for my 2 children wishing them a happy birthday! Had bags of chips, popcorn and some candy bars. YUM! They loved getting a special treat just fo them! We then got ready and then headed out to face painting in the lobby, and Xbox Kinect in lobby. The kids really enjoyed that. We also met Hoss, the Newfoundland (I think) that is the hotel's dog. He is giant and very sweet. We went to Prime Rib/Seafood buffet at Firewheel and it was pretty good. That night we went out and watched movie on the lawn (Disney Sword in the Stone) and they had popcorn and water for everyone, and large blankets for everyone to sit on. It was a beautiful evening and we really enjoyed it. My only beef with the set up there was that about 10 minutes after the movie started a table was set up with Glow in the Dark items for sale, like you see at concerts/rodeo etc. The prices were in line with concerts too, $15 + for an item, and I felt that was just a bad idea. The movie, popcorn...blankets, PERFECT, cheapo glow stuff, not so great. On our last morning we met the Longhorns, Tbone and Ribeye and the kids got a picture with them. We stayed at the lazy river/ppol all morning and after check out the valet kept our belongings safe while they allowed us to continue to enjoy the pool for the day. I thought that was great, being able to still swim a little longer after check out. Overall a GREAT trip and GREAT hotel. Many pluses, like all the activities planned, the pool area, fantastic customer service and beautiful grounds. We will be back, and look forward to it!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Wow... thank you so much! On behalf of Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, I would like to thank you for your positive comments and review. We strive for our guests to have the best experience while visiting us, and your words affirm our efforts. I enjoyed looking at your photos as well. It's always fun to see the guest's perspective and the shots you took were so neat and artsy!

Also, we wanted to thank you for your observation about the glow n' the dark items we sell during our outdoor movies. I passed this along to our Rooms Executive Manager and we will re-evaluate the process. We love the feedback.

Thank you again for your taking the time to review us, and hope to see you back soon! Please let me know if there's anything I can assist you with in the future.

Social Media Coordinator

Been to Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!