“My boys liked it!” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
11 attraction reviews
“My boys liked it!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

There is a trail filled with statues of different dinosaurs hiding in the trees and brush. They provide a scavenger hunt sheet for things to find. My kids had a great time looking for the clues. They weren't that interested in the informational dino facts I was reading to them from the plaques beside each dino, but the fact that it was outside and the statues were hidden on a trail held their interest. They have a huge brachiosaurus statue that was several stories tall. Also, they had a playground and a dino dig at the end of the tour. The gift shop was nice and had a good variety of souvenirs. My kids got dino fossil necklaces, shirts and small dinosaurs all for a reasonable price. I would recommend it for children 8 and under, as I'm not sure older children would be interested in simple statues that aren't moving. But since my kids are 6, we had a blast! Great for families passing thru on a rode trip to Austin. It's located near Bastrop right off the highway.