“Expected more” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 32 Restaurants in Castroville
Rosanky, Texas
“Expected more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Arrived in time for Sunday Brunch. Salad Bar was the best thing I can say about the Brunch. Was an Italian theme with Spicy Chicken that wasn't spicy. Appreciated the vegetarian option of all cheese lasagna, though it WAS all cheese. The meatballs were flavorful and probably the best of the three. No dessert was offered, but we asked & ordered Bread Pudding. VERY dense!! But, VERY delicious!!! But, if we hadn’t asked, we never would have known.

Continental Breakfast was below average. Biscuits were cold, only one selection of cookies, 2 or 3 different sweet rolls, very limited choice of cereal. Fresh fruit was only citrus. The waffle machine was the saving factor, but at that minimal. Never saw a waitress. Had a much better breakfast in Alpine at a little bitty motel!!!! I would expect more from a “Spa & Resort”.

Mesquite, Texas
“Cilantro Chicken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

This was the best-est tasting chicken dish I've had in a while. Try it!!! Then add the beautiful view from the restaurant out back with full window views. They also had outdoor seating but it was cool during our visit.

San Antonio
“Inconsisent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Have to agree with a lot of other raters. I had looked forward to the sausage and sauerkraut that was on the buffet, but was disappointed. Didn't leave hungry, but disappointed in the buffet. Salad bar was OK. My husband had the black forest ham sandwich and I was envious. He enjoyed his meal - good French fries included.

Palmer, Texas
“Great View, Fair Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

My wife and I visited this restaurant on February 13. Hoping for some good German food with some cold German beer, we tried this restaurant on our first night in Castroville. While I wanted to like the place, I can't say I was overly impressed.
This is a fairly new setting for this restaurant, and while it was clean, it has a very open atmosphere with stark white walls and high ceilings; which means it can be a little loud even when there are only a few patrons. On this night we tried the schnitzel. It was plentiful-meaning we took some home as we couldn't finish the two pieces each we were served. The sides were average at best. And the biggest downer was they only served imported Mexican beer, not German! I would have been okay with Belgian or anything from Europe, but it wasn't to be found on the menu.
So, perhaps had we ordered enchiladas with Dos Equis I could give this place a better rating.
Looked like a great place for a wedding reception as it overlooks the town of Castroville. Hence the great view. Also, if the hotel and spa are busy, parking can be a challenge.

Visited February 2014
“Average Food; NICE atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Really wanted this visited to be great, but it was just average. It's not bad. Just not great. Better food all over Castroville. Service was not good either. They didn't seem to know what to do. The surroundings are good. Probably a great place for big party since there's a variety on buffet at lunch. Don't expect highbrow dinning. But, gets the job done.