“New and wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Houston, Texas
“New and wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Le Chat Noir in Castroville has not been open long. The restaurant is not only charming but the food was magnifique. Castroville is an Alsatien town just west of San Antonio. My friend had the Poulet Grand-mere and raved about it. and I had grilled redfish over orzo with sweet peppers. We were celebrating Bastille Day and ended the meal with the best creme brulee that I have ever eaten. The chef is a young and talented woman, Lynn Oefinger. Such good fresh food found in the hill country--quelle chance!!

texas
“No regrets!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We were down here for a wedding and stumbled into this place. The best part of our trip besides the wedding, coming here was another highlight. We absolutely loved it.

Austin, Texas
“Ambiance, fresh food, wonderful staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Arrived ten minutes before brunch was over & they were so gracious to seat us. Food was great, the service perfect and we loved the old house it is located in. I was reminded of some of the Inns we have dined in on the east coast. We may drive back one day just for lunch. Treat yourself.

“Hidden treasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My best friend and I recently stumbled upon this little restaurant while shopping for pottery across the street (also recommended) in Castroville. Wow. We stopped there for Sunday brunch. I ordered the Caesar salad and our waiter asked me if I'd like any protein with my salad. That sounded good, and I indicated that I only ate fish. He recommended either the salmon or the shrimp. I was immediately impressed that I could custom-order my salad. I chose the salmon. I can say without a doubt that it was the very best Caesar salad I've ever had. The salmon was fresh, perfectly seasoned and mild. The romaine was extremely fresh and crispy. The house-made dressng was to die for. I live in Wisconsin and I've been craving this salad in Castroville Texas ever since. If I lived nearby I would visit every week.

• Visited April 2013
Houston, Texas
“Excellent Family owned French Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a small but roomy restaurant with a warm, friendly ambience. The chef changes the menu daily and offers nothing but the freshest food available. Extremely friendly and knowledgable staff-they all live in Castroville. Meals were way beyond our expectations! A must for couples or friends that want a great night out with terrific food!

Visited March 2013