“4 stars” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Carthage
Churchill, Australia
“4 stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This hotel gets 4 stars from us. We were welcomed very warmly by Debra on reception. The room was a good size and clean and very comfortable. it has all the trimmings, plenty of towels etc. recommendations for a meal were terrific (Texas Tea Room) and breakfast was sufficient.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Debra H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carthage, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear JuBaz_13,

Thank you for the review , I am proud that you had a memorable stay here at the Holiday Inn Express in Carthage, Tx. I was sad that I didn't get to tell you and your lovley wife bye.
If my dream of coming to Australia ever comes true I will be sure and look ya'll up, and if you ever decide to visit Texas again be sure to stop and visit us once again.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

After not being able to get a hotel room in Marshall TX, the front office there helped us get a room in Carthage. This being a very usual trip for my husband and I as we were driving a race truck with a trailer (semi) which is near to impossible to ever find a spot to park. Your staff put out cones for us so we were able to park and stay the night. We were so very thankful after driving 10 hours and found a hotel to stay. Clean and quite. The front desk helped us by even giving us a menu to order some food from as it was getting late on a Sat night with not much in Carthage. Loved the bed and pillows (maybe because we were tired) but had a restful night. New hotel and if you are passing thru it is a great place for an overnight. Breakfast was perfect as well. Thank you again both to the lady in Marshall that helped us call Carthage to get us a room and for the hospitality in Carthage.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Debra H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carthage, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear M D,

I was glad to hear that your stay was comfortable and we are proud that we could accomodate you and your wife. I know after driving for a long period of time that it can be very tiring, especially in a semi. Thank you for staying with us and hopefully if you are ever in the area again you can come back to see us. We value our guest here at the Holiday Inn Express in Carthage, Tx.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

If you travels take you to Carthage, Texas I would definitely recommend this hotel. The owners appear to be offer keeping this place clean and tidy. No dust bunnies, leftover finger print, curly hairs, etc. From check in to check out I was impressed. Not that long ago I've written a few bad reviews on H/I Express but this one is top notch.

Congrats guys! IHG should use your hotel as a training facility for other H/I Express hotels that have gone downhill. Thanks for the overnight.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Debra H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carthage, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for the feedback this is what keeps us motivated, we do strive for customer satisfaction.

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was a small town with most of the newer hotels on one side of town. Followed tripadvisors ratings and reviews once again and they did not disapoint.
Nice clean hotel with the best bed I have slept in at a hotel yet.
Good breakfast as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the review. We hope to see you again here at the Holiday Inn Express in Carthage, Tx.

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I will say they have the perfect balance between rustic and refined!!!

I just spent a month there, and I had a very good experience. Hotel is new, rooms are good condition, and clean. Only suggestion is to may be enforce a “must were shoes and get dry - while coming out of the pool policy" as some people left trails of water throughout the lobby and elevator.

Breakfast was good, staff was nice, and excellent management. Thumbs up for Paul, Laura, and Sharanda (not sure how to spell it) for their excellent service, and for making me feel like at home.

I will be coming back for sure when work brings me back to Carthage.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back overlook the trees as there is no construction on that side of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Debra H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carthage, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Sooner_Orchid

Thank you for the positive review, we were so glad that you stayed with us. If you ever are in the Carthage area we hope to see you here at the Holiday Inn Express in Carthage. We value our guest.

Shropshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights, wish it could have been longer. As other reviewers have stated everything here is excellent and the staff are first class, Monica on reception deserves a special mention she was particularly helpful to us and always had a smile even late at night.

Stay here you will not regret it, but be aware you do need a car as it, along with all the other chain hotels is out of town and the closest restaurant for dinner is about 2 miles away. We will definitely stay at this HIE if we are in the area again.

Room Tip: I think they are probably all good but away from the road is quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lindale, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I was in town for business and ended up staying here for a few nights. Holiday Inn Express tends to range in quality in my opinion but this is one of the good ones. The rooms were quiet and comfortable. My mattress was absolutely the best. Breakfast was... well its not cooked to order but it was warm and palatable. If I ever come back this is where I will stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carthage? Share your experiences!