“It was so much fun!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 16 Attractions in Carrollton
3 attraction reviews
“It was so much fun!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I had a great time drinking at the aqua bar!!! And it was so nice to relax in the spa area trying all the different tubes and relaxing in the steam room. If you like sushi you will love the resturant upstairs. I spent 6 hours at spa castle. Love this place!!!!

Edmond, Oklahoma
“relaxing getaway in the Dallas Metro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This was my first visit to Spa Castle and I was impressed. I really enjoyed the Qua Spa at Cesear's Palace in Vegas, and I was hoping to find something similar but near to my home in OKC, OK. This more than fit the bill. A quick description for newcomers: First floor: Scrupulously clean locker room area, a room that has warmed floors and loungers, and the all nude area (gender separated) with 4-5 spas with various jets, temps, and even scents. There's also a sauna you can use in this area, and both Korean (sit-down) and Western (stand-up) showers with the necessary amenities to shower. I didn't spend much time here, not because I am terribly shy of nudity, but because I came to enjoy time with my husband and relax with him. The next floor has a small roofed indoor area (open to the outside) with more spas and a swim up bar/snack area (the drink I got was VERY strong, so beware!). The outdoor part featured a spa fashioned like a cave complete with waterfall, a small lazy river, a beautiful gazebo-covered super-hot pine-spa, and a couple of really large spas about the sizes of small pools The next floor featured a ton of different saunas, another room with warmed floors/loungers, a sushi restaurant and juice bar. The next floor contained a korean restaurant, the fitness center, and a series of leather lounge chairs with attached TVs.

What worked: I really enjoyed being able to have the "spa" experience with my husband (he doesn't like massages, but we could enjoy the spas together). I felt the admission price ($35) was reasonable, and all of the staff were friendly without getting in the way of your relaxation. I loved all the varied spas, and I really enjoyed being able to appreciate the spa outdoors despite the fact it was Dec. (Bet it would be awesome in the snow!) We spent a long time there (about 1230 to 1700), so we felt it was worth the money. I was nervous about what the "uniform" would be - for those wondering, don't be nervous, it's a cotton T-shirt and long cotton shorts, mine was spotlessly clean, and they come in a wide range of sizes (I'm a dress size 16 and the 2X fit perfectly). Other reviews mentioned problems with noisy, bothersome kids, but the few kids we ran into were well behaved (this may have had something to do with the fact the kiddie pool was closed.)

What could use some work: Other spas I've been to have "spa water" (water infused with lemon, oranges, cucumber, etc.) and I think that would be a welcome addition here. There were water machines; however, they came with the tiniest cone cup which didn't really ensure you drank enough water which is really necessary in a spa. The TVs didn't work on most of the lounge chairs and there were few channels offered. We didn't try any of the food, but a wider variety - particularly more snack-size and western-oriented food would be welcome (the western food was pretty much greasy fried food - something like a deli would be better). It would also be better if patrons were allowed to come and go from the facility. I would bet if they allowed this they would see an increase in sales disproportionate to the increase in usage. I also don't understand why nudity is required in the fully indoor spa - I think a clothing optional system would be much better and increase their profit margin - particularly in the "conservative" Dallas area. I particularly think my husband would have been much more comfortable wearing a swimsuit. Also, some of the jets seemed to use such an extreme level of pressure that many were unpleasant. Despite these minor issues, I will definitely be back again and even purchased a gift card for a friend when I left. I think their biggest issue is a lack of marketing. They should try marketing the spa more in the areas near DFW (such as OKC), and the marketing should focus on explaining to folks how the spa works so it isn't "scary" to the outsider. Their website should have a more detailed FAQ. We didn't know there was a hotel attached that there were some pretty good deals we might have taken advantage of had we known.

Visited December 2012
“Give Spa Castle a try, and you won't be disappointed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I love Spa Castle. It's so clean, new, and high tech. Their facility is gorgeous. There outdoor heated pools are a great way to work on your tan. Just get there early because the building will block late afternoon sun. Their hot tubs have these cool jets which massage you all over. Definitely a fun and relaxing way to enjoy yourself. Bring a friend, but only if you don't mind being naked in front of them. Alternatively you can choose not to go in the 'full nudity required' area, but your be missing out on a great experience.

Plano, Texas
“garbage customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

unpleasant experience about staffs, rude and agressive. Never go to this place.
I've never been treated as terribly as this staffs did

Visited November 2012
Atlanta, GA
12 attraction reviews
“A Family Getaway to another world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The Texas version of Spa Castle brings a bigger version of its New York brother to Dallas (they say everything is bigger in Texas right?)

Spa Castle provides a clean, modern environment with just about every kind of tub you can think about to soak and relax your muscles. I like to start off in the indoor wet area (yes you have to be nude, no its not a big deal there's nothing wierd going on). The key I've found is to go from hot (steam room/hot pool) to the cold pool. Do that 3 or 4 times and you will feel amazing!

Then its time to put on a bathing suit and head outside to the outdoor pools. The jetted tubs out there pretty much are the same as those found in the indoor wet area, though I do really like the lounge chairs in the water (I think I almost fell asleep in one). My favorite place in the outdoor pools has to be the little 'grotto' area off to the side, very cool.

This is certainly a place you will want to spend much of the day so for that I think $35 is worth it. Theres also the indoor swim up bar and restaurants as well as the sauna rooms and kids area. There's something for everyone for sure. Wish we had one closer to home!

Visited October 2012