“Delightful!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Firefly Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canyon Lake
Firefly Inn Bed & Breakfast
You added Firefly Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
120 Naked Indian trail, New Braunfels, Canyon Lake, TX 78132   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Canyon Lake B&B and Inns
Bryan, Texas
“Delightful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I would like to tell everyone to stay away for Memorial Day Weekend for the next 20 years to make sure my husband and our friends always have a place to stay when our college group gets together there. This was the most amazing surprise ever!! Our group of 30 or so gets together every Memorial Day weekend on Canyon Lake (22 years I think). Anyway, Almost all of these people stay on the property. It is wonderful and everyone gets along great but we didn't have our 5th wheel this year so I dreaded finding a place to stay. I went through all of the listings through the city, found this was less than 2.5 miles from Granny's house and the price was very reasonable. Wow were we surprised. Breakfast served to us every morning hot and fresh and wonderful. My husband never eats breakfast. He ate both morning! Our room was delightful, clean, crisp linens, wonderful soft puffy robes, great shower/jacuzzi tub, kitchenette, etc. I could go on and on but you get the drift. We love the place and plan on staying there again next year. Don't steal my room!!

Room Tip: It rained so much we were unable to take advantage of the walking trails on the property and they lo...

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
San Angelo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Our family was meeting at Canyon Lake for a couple of day's. Browsing the internet for a place to stay we came across the Firefly Inn. What a pleasent supprise, being greated by Jack and his dog, then later by Cathy.The Inn is peaceful and quiet,the grounds well kept, the room spacious and very clean, what can I say about the bed, it's the most comfortable one I've ever slept in. And the breakfast's " How do we love them let me count the ways" soooo good. We are very happy to have found such a wonderful B&B. Hope to spend another day or two in the near future. My husband and I would recomend the Firefly Inn to anyone. The perfect rateing is spot on.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
McKinney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our 10th anniversary over the Memorial Day weekend. This was our second time here and while we would have rated it 5 stars the first time, we still liked it even better this time around. The owners were very friendly, the breakfasts were superb, and the suite had plenty of room. I think I can safely say that this is our new favorite B&B.

Did I mention the breakfasts? Bacon, quiche, fresh fruit, cheesecake...well I'm ready to go back.

Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I went to the Firefly Inn with my parents and my brother to celebrate a late Mother's day for my mom and My Step fathers's birthday. I was worried since I could not find a vacancy for any B&B down Gruene Rd where we usually stay. I stumbled upon Firefly Inn and was hesitant of the location since it was farther from where I would have originally liked to stay. I saw the reviews online and was pleasantly curious since it is the only B&B that has a perfect rating. I am proud to keep the streak going. Hosts Jack and Cathy was nothing else but welcoming and pleasant. The location was peaceful and quiet. My mother could not stop gushing about how much she loved the place and the decor of our room. Speaking of room, I would say it was more of a cottage house that we stayed in. It was big and clean and easily accommodated all four of us (all adults) I plan to go back to this B&B with my husband at the end of this month and I recommend that you go see Jack and Cathy too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We made reservations at a different B&B so that we have a view of the lake and unfortunately they did not hold our reservations (see other review if you would like) and so we stumbled onto this beauty. I was initially a little hesitant since there was no view of the lake but it makes up for and surpasses it in every other way possible. The owners were very friendly, the place is gorgeous and the amenities are plentiful. The only room they had open was the Laurel room and WOW, was it nice. Private entry, kitchen, up stairs loft, nice size bedroom downstairs, beautiful wood ceiling and a big soaking tub (jetted). We snapped it up and especially for $45 less than the other place.
As we walked back I asked Jack (owner) if he mined if we used the hot tub at a late hour and he smiled and stated that we could use it whenever we like. Bonus. We relaxed in the room for a bit before heading out for the evening and dinner. While out we couldn't wait to get back and relax under the stars in the hot tub and so we hurried back. We took a bottle of champagne and some OJ down for the girl friend and I had a large glass of scotch and a nice cigar along with a small speaker for ambiance music. I didn't want to leave, it was that nice. Around 1 am when were were tired and prune like so we headed back up and slept on a very comfortable bed that I believe turned out to be from the civil war era (frame, not mattress).
At 830 Jack brought us our breakfast to the room which he said he would do the night before. It was so nice not having to be presentable to the public that early as I am not a morning person at all. The food was absolutely incredible. Havarti eggs, thick cut bacon, watermelon, rosemary scones that were to die for and....wait for it... chocolate gelato!!! Dessert with breakfast? Yes please!! They had bottled water and a tub of coffee in the room.
Late check out (noon) was very nice also, didn't have to rush.
All in all this was a gorgeous place with incredible owners and worth every penny. We must have said "this was a blessing in disguise" about a dozen times that weekend, referring to the mishap at the other B&B.

Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Excellent accommodations. The room was very clean. The owners were very welcoming. We fit 2 couples and a baby in the upstairs room. We slept comfortably. Breakfast was beyond good. We used the fire pit and web grilled. There was wood available for both and ample sitting room outside for many to enjoy.

Room Tip: Breakfast is wonderful!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This place is fantastic! It is located on top of a little hill, away from everything. The rooms are great with a nice homey feeling. There is a table outside with a canopy, fire pit and grill so you can have a campfire experience without the tents. The owners are extremely nice and provide the BEST breakfast I've ever had!!! We had a fantastic time and can't wait to go back!
Also, there is a great organic wine vineyard 2 minutes down the road.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Firefly Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!