“Canton Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Canton
Houston, Texas
“Canton Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

My wife and I were very tried after driving several hours from Southeast Texas and stopped in Canton for a good nights rest. When we got to our room we immediately noticed it had been a smoking room. The clerk said that all rooms had been converted to non smoking. I said my wife and I could still smell that the room had been a smoking room maybe in times past. The clerk assigned us a new room and we were very pleased. We had a good nights rest in a quiet room with a hot breakfast the next morning.

Room Tip: Back side of Hotel is very hot and sunny in the evenings, but a lot quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Navarre, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

The staff was very friendly and made sure my stay was as pleasant as could be. The room was a little dated but still very comfortable. Close to the interstate and some local food options as well. Outdoor pool was right outside my door but the noise was minimal for sure.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Purcell, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Had a quick trip to Canton for the weekend and everything was great. Room was clean and very quiet. It was close to all the markets and easy access to Interstate. Everyone working there was very nice and I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BestWesternCanton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Canton Inn, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm so glad that you had a great time at First Monday Trades Days! I can't wait to share your comments with our staff. From all of us, thank you! We hope to see you again soon!
Monroe La
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I would like to say that this hotel is the best in East Texas to stay. The class of service and cleanliness is outstanding. The rooms are always clean and comfortable . The breakfast is better than average hotel breakfast. Where this hotel stands apart the most is the staff. They are always ready to serve.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BestWesternCanton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Canton Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
I was so happy to read your response - and to share it with my whole staff! On behalf of all of us here at Best Western Canton Inn, thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again!
El Cajon, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We made reservations an hour before we got there, we were down at the end, by the trucks. The room had stuff on the floor, it needed vacuuming. There was construction going on nearby. The air conditioning couldn't keep up with the temperature outside. Okay in a pinch, but I wouldn't stay there again if there were other options. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I am very sorry that we failed to deliver a fully prepared room. That is certainly not the first impression we strive to give all our guests. I'd love for you to stay again with us should your travels bring you to Canton.
Bridgeport, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Since the remodel, this is only place I would stay in Canton. The rooms are spacious and the hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. The pool area is really nice and our friends, who had their kids with them, really enjoyed the pool and splash pad

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review! We could not be more pleased with the results of our remodel, and I'm so glad you let us know your thoughts on how it is going. Believe it or not, there is even more to come!

I'm so glad your party enjoyed the pool and splash pad!
Lettsworth, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

The location is great is you are attending trade days but as far as the standards of this hotel, I would have to say POOR! The staff was very friendly but the room was another story. We stayed 2 nights. Both nights the water supply was up and down. Cold water was hot sometimes and hot water never stayed consistant! Also had problems with the A/C. Front desk receptionists came to check it out at said due to it being 10pm, she could call someone but they would be there a few hours to service it or she could bring us a fan, which she did. Thank goodness! Also the second night I had a flea in my bed. I know this is a pet friendly establishment, but I think they need an exterminator! The breakfast looked pretty good but there was no room to sit and eat. Very small area!!! I normally take my camper and stay on the trade days grounds. I will definitely not make the same mistake again. I will take my camper from now on. I would think as much revenue comes into Canton, they could afford to build a newer and up to date hotel. Like I said, the staff was great but as far as the room, I was very disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I am exceedingly sorry that you experienced difficulty with the water temperature. While it doesn't happen very often, it is an occasional problem that we are actually working on fixing. Because of our current renovation, we were able to do some in wall plumbing maintenance. We just completed re-insulating all of our waterlines in the building to provide a more consistent temperature experience to all our guests. I am sorry that you stayed with us before that project was fully completed. We look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you back to Canton.

Been to BEST WESTERN Canton Inn? Share your experiences!