“NO working shower!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Canton
Little Rock, Arkansas
“NO working shower!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Girls trip to Canton for First Monday Trade Days. The room was really warm when we arrived and for several hours it was hot, then around 10pm we were freezing. Not sure what that was about. The shower did not work at all in the morning. Staff said it was due to a cut water line by the city and that the entire hotel was out. Not true as we spoke to others at breakfast and their showers worked just fine. We were not offered a refund or discount Will not be back

Room Tip: stay in Dallas or Tyler and just drive to Canton
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
BestWesternCanton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Canton Inn, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
I am very sorry about our water main break. It was a terrible situation that could not have happened at a worse time. I know of 6 businesses, us included, that were without water from before 7:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. I know it impacted my guests in a negative way, and had there been anything I could have done to fix the situation, I would have. I would certainly never lie to a guest and claim that an issue was outside of my control when it wasn't. I do know that some of our guests who showered early were unaffected, but that was the exception, not the norm. I thank you for being so understanding during this difficult time. It was certainly a challenging situation for not only our guests, but my team. We can't always prevent a crisis from happening, we just have to adapt when it does.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
wichita falls, American Samoa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

we wanted a room close to the Canton Trade Days and this one is a nice clean hotel and very close ...the staff is excellent and the rooms were clean ..wish that it had a frig and microwave but other than that it was pleasant

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for writing about your stay with us. Right now, a little more than half of our rooms have fridges and microwaves, and it's done on a by request basis. I am happy to announce that by Spring 2014, ALL our rooms will have fridges and microwaves! I know how convenient it is to have in the room and we are always looking for ways to enhance the guest's experience. Thank you for your feedback, comments like yours help us provide a better stay for all our guests.
Odessa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Rooms and service are excellent. Reservation clerk was very knowlegeable and helpful. Rooms were clean and quiet. Parking was very abundant. Sleep was undisturbed. One of the nicest in Canton, TX. Will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BestWesternCanton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Canton Inn, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for staying with us on your tip to Canton, and for taking the time to tell others about your stay. We look forward to seeing you again next time!
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was our first visit to Canton - we booked at the last minute but they did have a room for at least part of our trip. Tucked behind a couple of restaurants but once you found the shortcut, it was easy to get to. Liked that it had a microwave & frig. Staff was super friendly and efficient. Our room, while average in size & amenities and a little dated, was very clean. The shower heads were rather low and as we were tall, we had to bend down a bit to wash our hair. Toilet was also really low to the floor. We had a top floor room that faced the freeway but with the A/C on, we had no problems with the noise level. The A/C worked great, is one of the older kind that has the controls on it vs. a thermostat on the wall, but we actually like that better. Breakfast was fine, pretty much your average selection but they did have a waffle maker which was great. Only real negative was the size of the breakfast area, most folks had to stand up or go back to their rooms as there wasn't enough seating available. However, I did hear from the manager who said they would be expanding the breakfast area in the coming months. That would be a welcome change and we would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Book as far ahead of time as possible, hotels fill up rapidly on First Monday weekends.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BestWesternCanton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Canton Inn, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are very excited about our new breakfast area. The architect is drawing up plans now, and I am anticipating that it will be finished in Spring 2014. We hope you will come back and see our finished project! Happy Travels!
Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed during Canton's First Monday. We luckily got a room for a somewhat reasonable rate. Bed was great and it was in a good location in town. Breakfast was good and the room was quiet. We would stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BestWesternCanton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Canton Inn, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us during the most recent First Monday Trade Days! Thank you for writing about your experience. I love seeing reviews because it lets me know what we are doing well and areas we need to improve. Reviews like yours also help other travelers make informed decisions when traveling to new places. We hope to see you again next time you are in Canton, Texas!
Reedsburg, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I recently stayed here for a single night and I must admit I was impressed. It's an older hotel that has been modernized, and I think they did a great job. I travel a lot for work and have stayed at many hotels, but the room here made me happy. It was spacious and held the cool air in when I cranked the AC (I like it cold). It also has some nice amenities like a refrigerator, microwave, nice water pressure and temperature in the shower, and best of all an extremely comfortable bed. Seriously, I've crashed in a lot of beds but this one was among the best. Soft pillows, made me want to take one home.

The staff was extremely kind and accommodating, and I was impressed with the breakfast (biscuits and gravy, sausage, eggs and even a machine that allows you to make your own waffles). The location is also great. It's right off the interstate and is right next door to a Dairy Queen and gas station. It also has a McDonald's and other places to eat within walking distance.

I'll definitely stay again if and when I pass through Canton.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 144, which was down at the end. Plenty of parking and a quick walk to my room, whic...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for writing about your recent stay. I love reading about guests' experiences. We look forward to seeing you again next time your travels bring you to Canton.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hopelessly outdated. Not very clean. Air Conditioner sputters and makes noise, while providing humid air inside. Breakfast was so-so. The swimming area was loaded with rowdy adults who were drinking - not conducive to family activities. Thin carpet, thin bedding...this was NOT worth the money. The only thing to recommend it is that it was a spot on the road and we were tired. Reading the other comments, I honestly cannot imagine how people rated this hotel with such good marks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I'm very sorry to hear about your recent stay. We try to exceed every guest's expectations, and I apologize that we missed that mark for you. Thank you for writing about your experience because it certainly helps me identify areas where we can improve. While your experience is not typical for us, even one instance of a dissatisfying stay is unacceptable to me. I hope that if you are in Canton again you will give us another chance to impress you.

Been to BEST WESTERN Canton Inn? Share your experiences!