“Great experience” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Canton
West Monroe, Louisiana, United States
“Great experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We had the handicap room and it was a very large room with 3 beds! We only spent 1 night as we were doing the canton flea market but it wasn't over priced and it was clean enough for what we paid normally canton hotels run 200 plus and rooms are small we didn't encounter any problems this isn't a luxury hotel but for the canton one night it did my family perfect!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BestWesternCanton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Canton Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate hearing what we did right and your suggestions for improvement, and I know your fellow travelers rely on candid reviews when making their travel arrangements. I'm very glad you enjoyed our room with three queen beds. It's the perfect room for larger parties or anyone wanting just a bit more space. We are pleased to offer it as an option to our guests.

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Mt. enterprise texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Took our 4 grandchildren to Slash Kingdom and we stayed in this hotel...the room actually had 3 full size beds and was very spacious. the Décor was a little outdated but it was clean. the check-in was fast and simple and she was friendly. I would stay here again if we come back.

Room Tip: If you have a large family ask for the handicap rooms which huge and do not smell like most handicap...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Splash Kingdom here in Canton and that our hotel helped make your stay even better. We actually have 2 rooms each with 3 queen beds, and they are very spacious for the larger family, or just anyone wanting a little extra space. Thank you for sharing your review.
LittleTown, Ar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We came to Canton for trade days last month. 2nd trip for me and 1st for my husband. The hotel was perfect for our needs while we were there. We were made to feel very welcome when we arrived and checked in. After examining our room, we found everything to be clean. This wasn't your 5 star high end hotel, but they were as accurate in the description as they could be. For what we needed, and what we expected, it certainly meet our expectations.

The only problem we had, was the wifi. It didn't work any of the 3 days we were there. Luckily we have 4G phones that we used if researching something.

I don't like how they raise their prices for trade days, but I do understand it is a common practice around there.
Thanks,
Catherine

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
BestWesternCanton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Canton Inn, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate hearing your thoughts to drive hotel improvement. I apologize for the lack of wifi connectivity. Our local ISP just completed an upgrade June 10, and we have seen noticeable improvement in speeds and activity since then. We look forward to seeing you again next time you come to Canton, Texas.
Longview, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a decent hotel to stay in and not have to travel home after a long Canton shopping spree! However,,,its not outstanding. Definitely is not as nice as the bigger towns. We will stay there again next time we do the Canton "thing".

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
BestWesternCanton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Canton Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our location. Savvy travelers look to honest reviews when choosing where to stay. It is true that we do not compete with newer hotels in urban areas, but we pride ourselves on delivering clean rooms, great service, and outstanding small town charm. We look forward to seeing you again next time you come to Canton!
Rio Vista, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed at this location for the canton trade days. We will not stay again....ever. The sheets were stained with blood. We reported this to the staff and they were changed but the point is why we're not thrown away the first time the stain was noticed. The bathrooms had stains on the toilet and in the tub.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BestWesternCanton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Canton Inn, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
I would like to personally apologize for your experience. The issues you experienced are of serious concern to me, and I assure you that I will investigate and correct the lapse of housekeeping. I am personally appalled that this happened to you, as my housekeeping staff is generally impeccable. Again, I apologize and I thank you for letting me know about your experience, that I may prevent the situation from happening again.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Hotel check in was fast and friendly. The room was very clean and well stocked. I always check for bed bugs and I found none. Room had been nicely updated and painted. The breakfast was the same as any other hotel. The beds were very comfortable. Close to the interstate for easy on and off. I will stay again when I return to Canton.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
BestWesternCanton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Canton Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We like hearing what you liked and how we can improve, and other travelers benefit from your honest opinion.

Been to BEST WESTERN Canton Inn? Share your experiences!