“best place to stay in canton with atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The LongBranch Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added The LongBranch Hotel to your Saves list
The LongBranch Hotel
On First Monday Trades Days grounds, 566 East Dallas Street, Canton, TX 75103   |
Houston, Texas
“best place to stay in canton with atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My girlfriends and I stayed at the Longbranch hotel during our girls weekend of shopping during the First Monday event. We had a quiet comfortable room with a mini refrigerator and microwave. We relaxed on the sofa in our room and planned our day of shopping. Our room was large enough to store our purchases while we continued to shop. We were provided cold bottled water to take with us shopping and a warm delicious breakfast to start our day off right. We were very comfortable at the LongBranch hotel and will stay here anytime we come to Canton for shopping.

Room Tip: great food and fun in a comfortable environment. Great location for shopping at trades day
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Texas, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Have you ever seen the movie Motel Hell (Bates Motel). I say this cause Tony doesn't like for ppl to check in and check out because of not being happy with the place. After the attempt to stay there I have read many reviews on here and must say that all the ones that say anything about not refunding on your credit cards are SO TRUE. The room right next to the office (the one with the pole in the middle) must be the one he tries to sell you over the phone. NOTHING special about that room. So it has 4 beds in it, why put 2 ppl in there. There was no privacy at all, knocking on the door several times. Claimed he smelled smoke and was worried about the wiring. If your worried about the wiring WHY put someone in there? But the most creepy thing is Tony's calling and leaving THREATENING MESSAGES on your phone after deciding NOT to stay there. Also threatened to charge more on card if we said ONE WORD about his hotel. I highly suggest staying somewhere else to avoid his harassing calls. Guess the first clue should have been that long sales pitch when booking. I would rather say under a bridge.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

owner tony is a great host...breakfast amazing....rooms clean...free parking in front of your room
hospitality amazing!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011 via mobile

Me and my fiance moved to east Texas last year. Well, things didnt pan out as hoped in our brief time their. Our last 4 months in the area, we stayed at the Longbranch Hotel at an affordable weekly rate. Tony was a great host. At one point during our stay our car broke down. Tony knew my rent was gonna be due. He let me pay half rent so I could get my car repaired. I agreed to pay the rest back ASAP. Another great thing....my job was only across the road from the Longbranch.The rooms all have a special theme. Very rustic yet very cozy. Tony always made sure we had everything we needed. My favorite time was First Monday. Tony serves the most awesome breakfasts, and provided water for guests attending the festivites in the blistering heat. Our room was clean, A/C ran very cold, we even had DirecTV complete with NFL sunday ticket. I loved that! Me and my fiance enjoyed sitting on the porch many days and nights despite the heat. Now there are some stray cats that hang out there. Some became our friends haha. We were very fortunate to have found this place, and Tony. Hes a great guy, and am proud to call him a friend. And remember half that rent? On my last payment, Tony extended us a break on that knowing we were moving to Ohio. I attempted to pay the entire balance, but he wanted to ensure we had enough money for our journey. Thanks Tony from Kamran & Raven.

• Stayed June 2011
Pearland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

This is my third time to stay at the Longbranch, I couldnt have ask for any better treatment, the room was nice and cool, the food was great and the owner Tony was a very customer focused person. Form check in to check out, I Loved my stay, Cant wait to go back

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Guthrie, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

First I want to thank Tony, he not only put us in one of his rooms where we felt like we were at home but when we decided to stay one more day & he didn't have any room he called over to the Mountain & got us 2 rooms. I have to say we had the best time EVER! Tony is one the nicest & greatest hosts I have ever incountered at a hotel my family & I will definatly be back. Oh & Tony makes a mean breakfast just good ole country cookin. So if you are looking for somewhere to stay for a Canton weekend or just to get away call Tony!

Also were the Longbranch is located you can walk to most all of the Canton trade days & you can walk to the Mountain were you will find really awsome shops, resturants, nightly dancing on the streets, bands, massage therapist/reflexolgist it is AWESOME! The people are great! WE LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony thank you again & may God Bless you & your family! We hope to see you again in September.

The crazy generation girls!
Brandy, Toby, Linda, Debra, Riley & Mary

Room Tip: All the rooms would be great!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Ben Wheeler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

We live locally and stayed at the LongBranch Hotel due to the tornado dammage to our home. We stayed in The Lodge for 3 weeks, and felt right at home! We had our 2 small children with us and even our dog came, Room was nice and clean, roomy, very comfrotable bed. Service was GREAT, Tony Lewis is the perfect host, very nice gentleman--if you need anything all you have to do is ask--and sometimes you don't even have to do that! Enjoyed the use of the Hot tub during our stay. I would deffinatly recommend The LongBranch Motel to Family and Friends! Thank you Tony for a Wonderful stay even during a bad time for us!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to The LongBranch Hotel? Share your experiences!