“Lovely weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Redbird Retreat Bed and Breakfast

Redbird Retreat Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canton
Redbird Retreat Bed and Breakfast
You added Redbird Retreat Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
10025 FM 1255, Canton, TX   |
Ranked #2 of 21 Canton B&B and Inns
Edmond OK
“Lovely weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here for Western swing festival in Canton. Room was very nice bed was comfortable. Outside access to room was nice. Breakfast was homemade and fantastic! Easy access to highway and town. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My cousin and I were so very pleased with our choice of retreat location at Redbird. Our rooms were lovely and very well-furnished. The service by our hostess was excellent, and her breakfasts were delicious! She was very accommodating and hospitable in every way--as you would expect a B&B to be. We came for a relaxing, peaceful atmosphere, and that's exactly what we got. I highly recommend Redbird Retreat if you are in the Canton area. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2012
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I never got to stay at this place because of the poor way my booking was handled. I submitted my reservation request via the B&B's website and waited a week without hearing anything. Their website advised that if that happened, I should contact the innkeeper direct, so I phoned from the UK to follow up the reservation. The innkeeper said she vaguely remembered seeing my request, but she said it didn't make any sense why I would come from England for one night?! Not that it should make any difference to her, but I explained that I would be on a road trip, and therefore just passing through Canton. She said "Oh", then paused and said "Well I'm not open that week anyway".

It would have been more courteous and efficient if she had emailed me this information after I made my original request, rather than have me waste my time phoning her.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Waxahachie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

First time I stayed at the Red Bird Retreat was for Canton trade days. Loved it, but didn't get to enjoy it because I was at the trade days most of the time. Peggy is a wonderful host and a wonderful cook!!! I go back several times a year when Trade Days aren't going on and it is a wonderful relaxing place. Love sitting on the porch and listening......to the quiet and watching the birds. It is surrounded by trees and there is pond that one can enjoy. The beauty of this place is breathtaking.
I have stayed at many B & B's and this one is my very favorite!!!!!
The rooms are clean and the bed's are sooooooo comfortable. This B & B and its innkeeper Peggy are made up of excellence!

Room Tip: Any room in this B & B is very nice and comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

Canton Trade Days is the big draw in East Texas and is the reason many flock to the City that has lent its name to the outdoor market. And when I have ventured out of the concrete and steel jungle to roam the countryside for great deals in Canton, I've taken advantage of the B&B's that are tucked away among the Texas Oak, Pine, and Sycamore trees.

As you can imagine, not all B&B's are created equal and I must say that I have found the best at Redbird Retreat. The service and kind Inn keeper are one of a kind. The food was delicious and the rooms were quiet, clean and very comfortable. I enjoyed my stay there so much that I've returned just to get away for the city.

Try it. You'll like it. And you'll go back.

Room Tip: They're all good but I would choose the lake view or Texas room. There isn't room service bu...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Temple, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Convenient to Canton Trade Days, the Rebird Retreat Bed & Breakfast offers clean, private, and beautifully decorated rooms. Christian atmosphere, innkeeper Peggy is a gracious host who provides a delicious home cooked breakfast for her quests each morning. The grounds are surrounded by shade trees with plenty of parking. Country living at its best for the traveler.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

Peggy was so wonderful to help myself and two girlfriends while staying in Canton. She was professional, kind and her attention to detail was very appreciated. The facility is Clean, Safe, and the food was scrumptios!! Peggy is such a sweet and knowledgable Inn keeper! she made our visit a pleasure. I highly reccomend staying at the quiet and peaceful Redbird B&B!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Redbird Retreat Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!