“I have to comment on the review “”Degraded as I walked in””” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 60 Restaurants in Canton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“I have to comment on the review “”Degraded as I walked in”””
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I have to comment on the review “”Degraded as I walked in””

Total fabrication of facts; Firstly, the woman in question was observed by me, a Texas Peace officer walk through kitchen and I told the manager to inform the woman with the infant of the safety issues in walking through the kitchen. The young man informed her that in future if she could use the front door due to concerns raised by me. He was polite at all times, however this woman took offence to being spoken to. There was no finger pointing, nor screaming. The waitresses asked to seat the woman, however after a few minutes she walked out the front door. There was no conversation with the workers in the kitchen by the manager. Her father in law entered the restaurant and attempted to get free meals for both so there would be “”no trouble””. The manager refused to provide free meals to these people. The woman was outside the whole time. The father in law also became loud and aggressive in the restaurant causing me, a Texas peace officer, to get up from my dinner with my family, to intervene due to the irate behavior. As a result I asked this man to leave the premises as he seemed to be intoxicated. This man indicated that he was a peace officer and outranked me. I then asked him again to leave or he would be arrested. He then left the premises.
Later the woman called the restaurant and spoke to me claiming to be a channel 4 News person.
She informed me that she would cause big problems for the restaurant and that she would use her position at Channel 4 News to cause problems for this establishment. She stated that she would call the Dallas newspapers, and cause as much problems as possible. She informed me that she would be arriving at Val’s restaurant the next morning with a film crew. I agreed to meet her the next day.
I did inform her that if the man, (her father in law) attended, he would in actual fact be arrested for impersonating a peace officer if in actual fact he could not provide police credentials. This woman then hung up. Shortly after this woman’s mother called, and after identifying myself, she began a tirade of verbal profanity and hung up. I recorded both conversations and made a report that evening.
The next day the woman who claimed to be from channel 4 news did not show up. I made inquiries with channel 4 news; and was informed that in actual fact, this person was not in their employ.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Laramie, WY
“Pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We went to Val's because it was the only restaurant we could find in Canton that was open on a Sunday. Everything was delicious and the service friendly. The decor wasn't anything special, but that didn't take away from how much we enjoyed our meal. Very reasonable prices, too!

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mansfield, Texas
“BEST LITTLE ITALIAN RESTURANT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Weekend with the family at the time share enjoying a day of fun shopping, we found this treasure of a place...VAL'S....WOW the food is wonderful....great place for families, sweetheart dates and just about any occasion with the sweetest service.....Don't take my word....Go check it out...I am sure you will agree! To Val's staff stay golden....you're a true American Italian Treasure! Buon Cibo

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Fantastic Italian!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

This place is amazing! The service is good, friendly and fast, bread is fresh and delicious, and I have yet to find anything on the menu that I'm unhappy with! The pasta combo special is worth a try for sure! Every time we are in or passing through Canton we make it a priority to stop at Val's!

Fort Walton Beach, fl
“Incredible authentic Italian in the middle of nowhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

An unexpected treat. It's in a dry county, so you'll need to bring your own wine. Atmosphere is lame, but the food, the food, the food is to die for. Cheap too.

• Visited June 2014