“satisfaction” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Caldwell
Harker Heights, Texas
“satisfaction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

My faimily stayed at this motel the same night that the people who wrote a bad review for this hotel and i was appalled at their accusations the hotel is the cleanest place i have stayed in a very long time and those people where only mad cause they tried to sneak in 22 people in the same room and was told to leave because they tried to deceive the hotel and they where very loud and we heard them down the hall being loud. If it were me i would have had them arrested for disturbing the peace and would not have given them any money back. The staff was friendly enough to us and we enjoyed our stay and would stay there again next time we are in town.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
abvicaldwell, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
On behalf of all the staff here, we would like to thank you for your positive feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at Americas Best Value Inn. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive review. All of our staff takes great pride in our property and I am glad that it shows. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

My family and I travel 8 hours booked a room through Hotels.com was told that they have walk in showers for 2 nights would be 240 when we went to check in we were told they only had bath tubs. Tried to get my money back to rent elsewhere and some man so called himself manage but didn't act very friendly. we rented a 4 bed room and a 2 bed room we had 6 adults and 6 kids under the age of 7 and 3 in between the ages of 10-14 we were told by this so called manager that we could have everyone stay. As we entered the room it was the nastiest place we've ever experienced I mean for 100 a night wed expect better!!!! There was crickets, Beatle bugs, cockroaches, molded crackers and cereal there was used nose strips in the floor in the rest room on the side of the bed by a pillow was a dirty used towel and under the bed they was even something that looked like a body bag!!!! We were told that it was an old nursing home!!! There was mold along the walls it was just way to nasty to stay there. i called the so called manager to the room and he was very rude!!!! adkih us where the bugs were even picked some up with his hand and threw then in the trash. CAN YOU SAY GROSS!!! at least try to vacuum the room. I tried getting my money back and was on the phone with motels.com because the manager didn't want to give me my money back as I hung up with hotels.com I walked to the front office to get my money back I paid cash I saw 3 officers waiting to kick us out. i asked the officers if they wanted to see how nasty it was and they were rude as well. as were were getting our stuff out u could hear the officers talking about how it use to be and how there was mold along the walls. Ya they even saw how nasty it was without going into the rooms. we lost almost $300 because motels.com couldn't get ahold of a manager that could tell them why we were kicked out. This is the most nastiest place I've stayed!!!!!!! I don't recommend this place at all!!!!!!! If you want a good place to stay SURREY INN had it all great service!!!!!!! Friendly!!!!!! Clean!!!!!! Clean!!!!!! Clean!!!!!!! AND WE ALWAYS HAVE STAYED THERE BEFORE BUT SICE THEY DIDNT HAVE A WALKIN SHOWER WE THOUGHT WED TRY Americas best value inn. Everything works IN SURREY INN even the door unlike Americas Value Inn!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
abvicaldwell, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
We would like to apologize that your stay with us was anything but pleasant.
We appreciate all comments both positive and negative so that we may learn
and grow. We strive to provide the best service to all our guests possible.

It is part of our mission that customer safety be a main priority, especially
when children are involved. As a reliable and responsible business it is very
important to observe local laws and guest occupancy rules and regulations.

Example: A reservation for (5 guests) 2 Adults and 3 Children in one room with
an occupancy limit of 8 persons is acceptable and safe.

It is unacceptable, unsafe and a violation of occupancy code to occupy the same
room with (20 guests) 8 adults and 12 children.

With careful notice and considerations to all hotel guests we first attempt
to work personally one-on-one to remedy any conflicts. Unfortunately, in a rare
situation where personal feelings get in the way of an amicable solution and
emotions are heightened, it is necessary to re-evaluate the situation and get
local authorities involved.

We hope you sincerely accepted the full refund for the room you rented directly
from us and used it to make a safe accommodation with another facility.

We also hope that Expedia has extended the same respect and has given you a
refund on behalf of the differences in the contract you made directly with them.

Again, we are very sorry for your inconvenience.
Midland, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

The daytime desk clerk was very unpleasant, the gentleman working at night was very nice. The room was very small with no place to hang full length garment bags. Being a person with an allergy to cats, I found it unpleasant to have one wandering the halls and freely roaming in and out of rooms. The continental breakfast was lacking. A sign stating waffles were available from the attendant was a joke. When waffles were requested, we were told that they didn't have any batter. Really! The room I was charged $90 a night for wasn't worth $45.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
abvicaldwell, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
We would like to apologize that your stay here was anything but pleasant.
We appreciate all comments both positive and negative so that we may learn and grow. We strive to provide the best service to our guests possible.
Again we are very sorry , for your experience and hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.
Spring
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Clean rooms, Friendly Staff, Even though we were next to common area we did not hear a sound, Continental breakfast was OK but no waffles that I saw, Will stay there again, Don't really have anything else to say but since they require a 200 character minimum I had to type something.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
abvicaldwell, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Somerville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I live in the area of this "new" motel (former nursing home). It has been redone so I thought I would call and reserve a room for some friends coming in on the 24th for one night. The rate was really good ....under $60 excluding tax. So I was excited to reserve it only to be told that the price could not be guaranteed. When I asked what they she meant ....I was told that if they have a full house that night that the rates would be higher...maybe much higher. I am calling almost 2 wks ahead and they will not guarantee my rate.....all I can say is "may your rooms remain empty you idiots"!! Post script: I also booked a room in San Antonio for us all on the 25th at a 4 star hotel and guess what ....the price is guaranteed!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
abvicaldwell, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
We are sorry for the misunderstanding. when a guest makes a reservation, their price is guaranteed . The rates do go up when availability goes down. simply supply and demand. , but if a guest has a reservation they will never pay more than the agreed upon price.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This place was very clean and very spacious. Continental breakfast had great selection like cinnamon rolls and waffles (tasty too!) Wi-fi was fast and free (hard to find nowadays). I've stayed at other hotels and the only difference between this and them is that they are more expensive and their wi-fi isn't free. Bathrooms were clean. My favorite part is being able to connect my iPhone or MP3 player to the alarm clock and have music playing in the morning when I'm getting ready. definitely do recommend staying here. Best hotel in Caldwell

• Stayed June 2013
abvicaldwell, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed here before going to a graduation in College Station. The hotel was clean and the rooms were clean. They had nice flat screen TVs on the wall with satelite TV. Would have liked more channel options for kids. The indoor pool as supposed to be heated but was too cold to swim in. My brother had a regular room and it was a little small, we stayed in the jacuzzi suite and the room was huge for only a little bit more money. Overall we had a pleasant experience and the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again. The drive in to College Station was super quick and easy.

Room Tip: Spend a little more for the jacuzzi suite if you want a lot of extra space!