“If you value safety and customer service this is not your place.” 1 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1108 W. Highway 21, Caldwell, TX 77836   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Caldwell
Eddy
“If you value safety and customer service this is not your place.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

If I could choose zero stars to review this hotel I would. Instead of handling customer complaints, this hotel chooses to use the local police department to handle situations for them which turned into two likely unlawful arrests on hotel property. Customers complaining about an AC unit that had been out for over 24 hours were met by police due to the clerk's unwillingness to call a maintenance person. The overnight clerk hands out room keys to anyone that asks and doesn't require identification, I would not suggest booking a room here in fear of someone you don't know making their way into your room in the middle of the night. If you value your safety this is not the place for you! When I approached the desk to speak with the clerk he had shut off the lights and gone into a back office to hide. I will not be returning to an America's Best Value Inn in any city.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. This place is an old nursing home and parking for only one wing of the pro...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
abvicaldwell, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us was so unpleasant, however, we do appreciate all feedback both positive and negative so that we may strive to continually improve and be the best we can be.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Me and my 2 small daughters went to join my husband for 2 nights while he was on an extended business trip. The hotel staff was very kind and helpful when we arrived. My husband was not there and we had no key to enter the room. It was no big deal to them and they just gave us a key card to let ourselves in. The entire facility was very clean throughout. No smells of smoke or animals or old and grunginess. I was very impressed with the quietness throughout the halls. It's a small town and appears mostly business occupants are the frequent stays. They didn't have roll out beds available but provided us with abundant blankets to set a pallet on the floor for our kids. I'd recommend that you bring your own pillow and a small table fan if you want the most comfortable sleep. The beds were pretty firm with no pillow-top so don't expect to wake without body ache. The pool is indoors and was very clean, but small, regardless it was quiet during the day. Some parts of the hotel were still being renovated as the facility used to be a nursing home prior to being transformed into a hotel. I would go back without hesitation but with my own pillow.

Room Tip: Take your own pillow and table top fan for a more comfortable sleep. No rollout beds available.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!