The five days we spent at Golden Buddha was a real privilege. Far from the madding crowd and a good way away from the increasingly Russian Phuket, this resort deserves the five blob rating it regularly gets. Swiss Family Robinson stuff. Our baan (Tao Tanu) was 'set back from the beach' but took all of 45 seconds to stumble onto 11kms of pristine Andaman beach with noone else on it. The accommodation was simple but well thought through - plenty of drinking water, character and places to chill out. Comfy bed and when it got a little hot, the very good staff were quick to supply extra fans. People have complained on TA about there not being enough choice of food, but there is a great selection of simple tasty Thai food. Pena and Pom were incredibly accomodating giving a personal touch to everybody's experience at Golden Buddha. The setting is incredible with enough space between very individual baans to be really private. Beach-combing monkeys, tokai geckos, coconut groves and the recently recently constructed beach bar make you feel like you're in a special place indeed. Would definitely recommend orgainisng a trip with Blue Guru out to the Surin Islands for some spectacular snorkelling/diving (the whole coral menagerie including turtles) but have to organise in advance. V good value and we will be back most definitely!
- Also Known As:
- Golden Buddha Beach Hotel Phang Nga
- Golden Buddha Beach Hotel
- Golden Buddha Beach Phangnga
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Buddha Beach Resort has long been regarded as one of Asia's finest eco-resorts. It benefits from a spectacular location on the edge of the Ko Phra Thong National Park. Our island boasts one of the last unspoiled coastal areas in Thailand, and rewards guests with an experience that is both unique and completely in touch with nature. Accomodation is provided in the form of 28 privately villas, generously dotted across our vast and lush gardens. ... more less