“Not much to it” 3 of 5 stars

Activities: Kayaking
3 attraction reviews
“Not much to it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Although the resort is a great place to relax and unwind, there isn't much to the nature park in general. The are supposed to be 14 miles of trails, but most seem to be paths through the woods and along the hills. Not rugged at all. If there were more adventurous/rugged trails, they may have been closed for the season. The park does mention some trails are closed at points throughout the year for preservation purposes, they just don't say how many or which ones.

Visited July 2014

“Nice Quaint Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Been here several times and always enjoyed it for the camping and the Stars. Great observatory..The staff and the restaurant and nice. Great menu and food prepared really nicely.

Visited July 2014
Garland, Texas
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

When I think of resort I think of something with a little more to offer than Canyon of the Eagles. Our room had two queen beds, microwave and refrigerator. The bathroom and beds were good. However there was not a closet and VERY limited drawers to store clothes. There was no TV and no WiFi in the room. You could get WiFi in the restaurant or lounge area, but not in the rooms. I tried to download a movie for my daughter to watch on my tablet and I could not get enough of signal for this in the lounge area.

The restaurant was priced like a resort...roast chicken $17 and hamburger $11. Except for the hamburger, the selections are what you would expect to see at a fancy restaurant. There were lots of families there.....but I did not find the menu very family friendly. Breakfast buffet was 8.95 per person and did not include a drink.

The observatory was neat...it was cloudy the night we went so we did not get to see much. I think this would have been the highlight of the trip.

The staff was very friendly and attentive. The hiking was ok. There were definitely lots of birds. Overall we were disappointed with our visit.

Visited March 2014
Bryan, Texas
“This is a nice park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

If you go for the park you may find it desserted. There were many people at the resort but the park was largely abandoned when we went which was fine by us. During the week it is pretty lightly attended from what I can tell. The trails are pretty well marked - there is plenty of available parking. Pack water - even though there are some water fountains at the resort I didn't see any in the inward areas of the park.

Visited June 2013
Auckland
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We went when all the wild flowers were out and it was very pretty. Great easy level walk with lovely outlooks

Visited April 2013